gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com

Thread: Hotel Rwanda

Default Hotel Rwanda

If you have not seen this movie yet then I must insist that you rent the movie as it comes out on Tue for rent/purchase.....

When watching it put yourself in the same situation with your family, no matter what your age, and ask yourself what you would do, and as an American ask yourself whether you can morally sit on your hands and do nothing while this continues to occur today in Darfur. In his presidential address in 2005 Pres Bush stated:

“America's influence is not unlimited, but fortunately for the oppressed, America's influence is considerable, and we will use it confidently in freedom's cause…All who live in tyranny and hopelessness can know: the United States will not ignore your oppression, or excuse your oppressors."
    - George W. Bush, Inaugural Address, January 20, 2005

Estimated death toll in Sudan is now 300,000....many of which are women and children who were raped, then tortured and then brutally murdered with machetes, clubs, rocks etc...........I think the least we can all do is write our congressional leaders and state are opposition to how they are handling the conflict....

In case anyone was wondering how the US and other nations are handling the conflict I can sum it up for you....We told them we would put sanctions on Sudan ....thats it

Harvard University recently sold 4.4million dollars worth of stock after student activists from the university brought forth a petitions signed by thousands of students asking them to end business relations with a company who supports the Sudanese Government....For those who don't know, the Janjaweed militia is being supported by the Sudanese government and they are providing them with weapons, uniforms etc to continue on the genocide.....Of course the sudan government says the world is "misinformed"

Be Afraid, Very Afraid ComputerGuy's Avatar

I was deployed for what happened in Rwnada during the time frame you talk about. If you want the pictures, I can prove it.

I still suffer from the Hutu/Tutsi rebellion. Seeing young children pulled from ditches and tossed into the back of trucks with no heads, and then the heads being tossed like little balls up and over. The piles, of the dead. Decaying bodies, Dogs eating them. Women gathering water for their families, while a body floats by.

One thing you have to understand is the LIFEBOAT Theory. We learned our lesson at Mogadishu. I have seen the kids running around with AKs.

Personally, after seeing what they do to each other, let them do it. Killing a person because he has a flat nose, thin nose, etc. There are some things we should not get involved with.

But then again, let that useless peice of crap United nations get involved. As I and the French soldiers were burying the dead, the UN officials were enjoying their lunches at the Sheritan Kampala. Living the high life. The UN is so corrupt, they make Al Capone look like a Rookie.

When I was at Goma Ziare, I was there to help. A rebellian broke out and a Ziarean soldier was shot in front of me, from the gratefull people. His blood went all over me.

We booked out and then we were abushed by some people. I was in back of a truck. I killed 2, and was awarded a medal.

You can read what you want, the poor people, guess what? We have gotten ourselves into too many peoples little squables. Sudan is a PIT. I have been there too. I am not willing to risk a SINGLE AMERICAN life to help them.
    Last edited by ComputerGuy; 04-08-2005 at 07:23 PM.

Supreme Thread Hijacker stalker's Avatar

Fuck the UN
    2003 Mustang GT
    It's a brick.

2002 Bonneville SLE Daily driver

Holy Shit that sig is old. Car looks nothing like that.

Thread Information