gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Gives

J's Journalism Project 93ramvert's Avatar

Default What Gives

O.k. I've been out there for the last two days, getting as many claims as I can. Now None of them look fake, or really even questionable, but damn there is one person, who just keeps marking my shit as fake/Not Enough evidence whatever, Who'd I piss off besides, EDDIEGT, We're straight now "I think".

Quote Originally Posted by 93ramvert
    O.k. I've been out there for the last two days, getting as many claims as I can. Now None of them look fake, or really even questionable, but damn there is one person, who just keeps marking my shit as fake/Not Enough evidence whatever, Who'd I piss off besides, EDDIEGT, We're straight now "I think".
    Hey Tom,

J said he was gonna track that member down. there is ALWAYS a no vote, no matter who submits a a claim.

I voted no on one... sorry... *embarrassed*

It was just because...

OMG!

Those eggs are HUGE!

Be Afraid, Very Afraid ComputerGuy's Avatar

I just voted no on a few. Even though imaginative, cummon. Spirit and intent need to prevail. I found a bunch very imaginative and was thinking of doing the same myself, But I'll wait for the helicopter, the published magazine (Very Creative) etc.

The Hunt is for fun and get me, the wife, kids, and Grandson out of the house.

Next thing will be a gotStang decal on a model of a police cruiser (OOOPPSS already taken)

Though creative, and I will give it to you all, also, I understand manys plight with weather and Wendy's car, the idea is to get out there, interact with people, take pictures of your car in the weirdest places, and hopefully not arrested for violating some law.

You should have seen the looks when we took pictures in front of the police station. I thought they were going to involk some new Anti-terrorism law.

DO I VOTE NO ON EVERYTHING. Nope not me. But I do vote no on a few here and there, just like someone does to me.

Stacy and I was discussing this earlier. I was thinking of taking the Grandsons toy tug Boat, and running over it, thus I get the Your Car on a Boat. I was also going to take a pic of me running over a picture of Michael Jackson for the ferry part. Creative yes. In the spirit of the contest nope.

This is supposed to be fun and get you out there. Not a way to get cheap points. (Wait I did that)

Have fun with it
    Last edited by ComputerGuy; 03-26-2005 at 03:52 PM.

LOL good answer! And yes, here in a few weeks I plan on making a great tour and getting a few more of these done! Should be a fun outing and as many as there are at fast food places, I will probably gain a little weight along the way!

Be Afraid, Very Afraid ComputerGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy
    LOL good answer! And yes, here in a few weeks I plan on making a great tour and getting a few more of these done! Should be a fun outing and as many as there are at fast food places, I will probably gain a little weight along the way!
    Not you. Getting weight. Guess I'll kiss more of that great thong pic you posted earlier!!

No guy's I'm not technically talking about the model pictures. Although I've seen some even cheesier pictures then the ones I've posted. It is imaginitive, and many of us had a laugh, if you can laugh at it and say now thats a good idea. Then you should be able to vaote yes on it. But anyway I'm talking about valid claims, Check out at the Police Station, near a Beer Truck, next to a boat. What do you call the pics I submitted. Someone voted no. I've got police cars, and the building with the Name of the Towns police dept. all in both shots and someone voted no. That's just cheap. That's why I put the last two in the claim. I've seen many pictures with toys in them that have gotten the points. How if there's two pics which are obviously real can someone vote that it's fake. It's just BS. You try getting on to the tarmac of an airport to get a picture. Weather or not you think it's creative, or out there enough, the picture is real and meets the requirements of the claim. Vote Real!!!!!!!!!!!. There are loopholes, and the guy's who are coming up with crazy stuff should be awarded a dummy prize, Hey I'll take it. hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy
    I voted no on one... sorry... *embarrassed*

It was just because...

OMG!

Those eggs are HUGE!

We have the RIGHT to vote no! lol I don't see why there's a problem...

The toys is something I don't agree with, either.. I'm afraid to vote NO now though..lol

No guy's I'm not technically talking about the model pictures. Although I've seen some even cheesier pictures then the ones I've posted. It is imaginitive, and many of us had a laugh, if you can laugh at it and say now thats a good idea. Then you should be able to vaote yes on it. But anyway I'm talking about valid claims, Check out at the Police Station, near a Beer Truck, next to a boat. What do you call the pics I submitted. Someone voted no. I've got police cars, and the building with the Name of the Towns police dept. all in both shots and someone voted no. That's just cheap. That's why I put the last two in the claim. I've seen many pictures with toys in them that have gotten the points. How if there's two pics which are obviously real can someone vote that it's fake. It's just BS. You try getting on to the tarmac of an airport to get a picture. Weather or not you think it's creative, or out there enough, the picture is real and meets the requirements of the claim. Vote Real!!!!!!!!!!!. There are loopholes, and the guy's who are coming up with crazy stuff should be awarded a dummy prize, Hey I'll take it. hahahaha
    You're right! BUT, if someone wants to vote no (for whatever reason) ya can't track him down for it..lol If people see the toys as creative, cool! Then vote real. But if people don't see it that way, they should be able to vote no. As for someone voting no every time, they might have a problem with the whole concept of the hunt! They're members too, and I think they should be able to cast their vote and cast it privately. Of course this is just my opinion.. ONE way of making it better might be to add a 'WHY you've voted no box' and if they don't give a reason, the vote won't count?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim03svt
    We have the RIGHT to vote no! lol I don't see why there's a problem...

The toys is something I don't agree with, either.. I'm afraid to vote NO now though..lol

no no no no. You don't get It I don't really care about the toys, I did that because, it seemed easier for the fake pics to get votes than real pics. If you look at all of my 22 verified claims you'll see that they are real. but someone has voted no. I know you have the right to vote no. But I'm asking honestly if its a "good" pic per the hunt format, how can you vote no. Like computerguy said this is supposed to be fun. I went out yesterday with my wife and kids and embarressed the hell of of them, of course i got a good chuckle, and I was having fun, I knew i had some valid pics for the hunt, you submit them and you get a no vote. If it makes you all feel better, if I do get the points for my model pics, I'll have J not post them. It's really not about the points. I just wanted to get involved, I saw other guy's getting creative so I did to. I'm sorry no one else has an exact replica of they're mustang. Hell I'll make you one.

BTW Wendy you should have seen the chicken!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuy
    Not you. Getting weight. Guess I'll kiss more of that great thong pic you posted earlier!!
    thong picture??? how did I miss THAT?

no no no no. You don't get It I don't really care about the toys, I did that because, it seemed easier for the fake pics to get votes than real pics. If you look at all of my 22 verified claims you'll see that they are real. but someone has voted no. I know you have the right to vote no. But I'm asking honestly if its a "good" pic per the hunt format, how can you vote no. Like computerguy said this is supposed to be fun. I went out yesterday with my wife and kids and embarressed the hell of of them, of course i got a good chuckle, and I was having fun, I knew i had some valid pics for the hunt, you submit them and you get a no vote. If it makes you all feel better, if I do get the points for my model pics, I'll have J not post them. It's really not about the points. I just wanted to get involved, I saw other guy's getting creative so I did to. I'm sorry no one else has an exact replica of they're mustang. Hell I'll make you one.

BTW Wendy you should have seen the chicken!!!!!
    I agree with you! I'm just playing devils advocate here..haha I like to sit on both sides of the fence when I think things through...

You're right! BUT, if someone wants to vote no (for whatever reason) ya can't track him down for it..lol If people see the toys as creative, cool! Then vote real. But if people don't see it that way, they should be able to vote no. As for someone voting no every time, they might have a problem with the whole concept of the hunt! They're members too, and I think they should be able to cast their vote and cast it privately. Of course this is just my opinion.. ONE way of making it better might be to add a 'WHY you've voted no box' and if they don't give a reason, the vote won't count?

Works for me, I think it's a good Idea. Jim Cobra94's just screwing around with me, I don't really think J is going to find who it is, I really don't care. I got all the realitive points. It's just the point. I know I'm not the only one. I think there's four cars at a police station, all but one have a no vote. I mean come on, what is that? It's obvious to me that all but one are at a police station, and one is lucky it had a second pick because you could'nt make out what it was. There's others as well, I just don't get it. I'm just lost I guess

I agree with you! I'm just playing devils advocate here..haha I like to sit on both sides of the fence when I think things through...
    Hell Jim you could be just like me and not think at all ARGGGGHHH Which way did he go?

Hell Jim you could be just like me and not think at all ARGGGGHHH Which way did he go?
    lol..

This is very hard. On one hand folks that are going out to get the real deal might feel slighted by those who are creative, BUT that's what voting REAL or NOT is all about..

On the other hand, folks who want to be creative should be able to!

If someone votes REAL on a picture of a toy next to their car, HOW is that different than someone voting NO to a real pic? lol you know??

My humble opinion is, send in the claims and let folks vote how they want. The Fun part is in the journey I think

[QUOTE=Jim03svt][B]lol..

If someone votes REAL on a picture of a toy next to their car, HOW is that different than someone voting NO to a real pic? lol you know??

Jim the light is on, I'm I admit it. See you opened my eyes. Now that makes sense. See I needed someone to think for me. hahahaha

Thanks

[QUOTE=93ramvert]
    [B]lol..

Jim the light is on, I'm I admit it. See you opened my eyes. Now that makes sense. See I needed someone to think for me. hahahaha

Thanks
    ha ha.. (cracking up here) Forums are cool! We debate!

"Banned from the track" blown93feature's Avatar

I see that this hunt race has gotten a little testy and guys it wasn't to slate anyone. Myself and a couple of the other guys have either just gotten or about to get the cars out of their hybernation state and we thought it would be creative to join in on the fun.Trust me I would love to be able to get this thing on the road and do a little tooling around and get some of these hunts done for real. This winter has been bruttle on us this year so everything is a little delayed. I don't believe I voted no to anyone yet but the way I look at it is,it's all in fun and I really enjoy this site and look foward to years of friendships with you all.

Gotstang? Regular

Quote Originally Posted by blown93feature
    I see that this hunt race has gotten a little testy and guys it wasn't to slate anyone. Myself and a couple of the other guys have either just gotten or about to get the cars out of their hybernation state and we thought it would be creative to join in on the fun.Trust me I would love to be able to get this thing on the road and do a little tooling around and get some of these hunts done for real. This winter has been bruttle on us this year so everything is a little delayed. I don't believe I voted no to anyone yet but the way I look at it is,it's all in fun and I really enjoy this site and look foward to years of friendships with you all.
    well said,my baby still sleeping too

passin with gas!
    www.autosoundandperformance.com
    www.spadekreations.com
    www.granddesignmats.com
    cadence audio

KromeandKolor.com

Supreme Thread Hijacker stalker's Avatar

thong picture??? how did I miss THAT?
    I'm with him!!!!
    2003 Mustang GT
    It's a brick.

2002 Bonneville SLE Daily driver

Holy Shit that sig is old. Car looks nothing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by coopdog21
    lol, it's not about that!! I personally think y'all ought to be able to put toys in the pics! What concerns me is, if I someone votes no to them I think their vote deserves to remain private and unquestioned. no testyness here..just debating, honest!

oopps coopdog...sorry about that..lol I quoted the wrong one! but y'all know what I mean...I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by coopdog21
    yup same here. not ready to take mine out yet either. WAY too much salt and sand still.

Oh, and yeah, i was trying to fire up everyone way back at the second post to this thread. it worked. good debate, as i just sat back and read it

Removed
    Last edited by 93ramvert; 03-29-2005 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Just because

Shut up you freakin panzy.
    here i am giving you props, saying all these great things about your models, and you say shut up. NICE. hope the salt eats a hole right under your seat.

FOR SALE: 9000 miles on a 93 vert. driving ONLY in winter, early spring. salt eaten, dirt and sand in and on everything. Have cool model to go with to see what it used to look like.

putz

Thread Information