• Add an accept challenge option.

33 66.00%
  • Other reform.

3 6.00%
  • Undecided.

6 12.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Face-off Opinions.

Ok, if you people want reforms to the Face-off system, you can comment here. I'm taking this poll to see if there is enough of a problem to all of you guys to constitute changes to the system. If you have a legitimate claim, post it here.
    Now I don't want to see flames in here. Lets try to keep the acusations to a minimum please.

If you choose Other reform, please post your explanation of what you think is needed. It's all of you guys who will benifit from these changes, so it's your job to decide what will happen. I can't garrenty that anything will happen, or that even if it does that it will solve anything. But all of these acusations have to come to a stop now.

I have notified J that this thread exists. In the end, this is all his decision.

[edit] To not sway the vote one way or the other but allow me to follow the votes more easily, I have voting undecided.

Cody
    PS Moderator
    Last edited by CODY2003; 02-09-2005 at 02:25 PM.

No face-off should start without BOTH parties approval. In other words, there needs to be a challenge acceptance/rejection option. Also, there should be a positive correlation between the length of the challenges, and the points awarded.

12 hours = 10 points
    24 hours = 25 points
    48 hours = 50 points

A 5 day challenge would be awesome...
    120 hours = 150 points
    Last edited by J; 02-09-2005 at 03:47 PM.
    -Ryan D.

-sig by crimsonblack

Bump....
    I can't sticky this, but it's staying at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by CODY2003
    Bump....
    I can't sticky this, but it's staying at the top.

okay when me and jason started this.. we decided if we put an accept button and you hit deny then you automatically lose those points!!

"Lick it up bitch"

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerbabe
    okay when me and jason started this.. we decided if we put an accept button and you hit deny then you automatically lose those points!!
    That seems a little extreme though. What about you lose ten points or something.

That seems a little extreme though. What about you lose ten points or something.
    idk talk 2 him i think its right

"Lick it up bitch"

Why should a member lose points for declining a face-off? Most members here would decline a challenge from Coopdog21 and OneBad95 simply because there is no basis for comparison between the cars.

When a face-off is proposed, an accept/decline option should be made available to the opponent. If the person declines, give the challenger 5 points. If the Face-off is accepted, it should go through as it has thus far, with the winner getting the points, and only the challenger being able to lose points. If a person does not accept or decline within 24 hours of the challenge being made, the face-off should be cancelled, with no points going to either party.
    -Ryan D.

-sig by crimsonblack

Louisville Kentucky United States of America

Same thing i've been saying since day 1 add an accept button..

btw I'm gonna challenge some stock v6 mustangs. I'm the coolest :thumbsdown:
    Imports: When Old School means 1991

-Adrian
    -2000 Black GT

Quote Originally Posted by Droptop2001GT
    Why should a member lose points for declining a face-off? Most members here would decline a challenge from Coopdog21 and OneBad95 simply because there is no basis for comparison between the cars.

When a face-off is proposed, an accept/decline option should be made available to the opponent. If the person declines, give the challenger 5 points. If the Face-off is accepted, it should go through as it has thus far, with the winner getting the points, and only the challenger being able to lose points. If a person does not accept or decline within 24 hours of the challenge being made, the face-off should be cancelled, with no points going to either party.
    I like to think along the lines of the old code. as such, I think that you should lose something if you decline because that is a dishonorable action. But that's a very old tradition.

I cant believe this discussion is happening.. Ive been talking about the rules for this for the longest times... all of these issues have been brought up.

The only way to come up with new rules is to try things.

When it comes down to it.. a decline button is not an option.... the only way I could see this problem being resolved is to only allow people to challenge someone within 100 points of them.

I like the idea of the longer the faceoff the more points you get....

Any other ideas?

This has all been brought up in the lobby

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

Accept challenge button seems to be what everyone wants. I guess I could make it happen I just dont think anyone is going to accept a challenge from the higher ranked guys.. they wont be able to particpate in this.

dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol

Life begins at 8 psi... EddieGT's Avatar

I say we add a hidden button that if the person who is being challenged can find it, it steals all the points from the challenger.
    1997 SVT Cobra Vert (Black)
    2001 Audi S4 6-speed (Silver)
    1992 Subaru SVX LS-L (Silver/Black)
    History:
    2004 SVT Cobra Coupe (Black) - 2004 40th Anniversary Limited Edition (authentic...) Mustang GT Vert (Black with Arizona Beige stripes) - 2000 Mustang GT Vert (Silver) - 1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Red) - 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (Red) - 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S (Silver) - 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo (Red) - 1999 Mazda Protege ES (Silver) - 1990 Undisclosed Ford Vehicle (dark blue) - 1985.5 Toyota MR2 (Red)

"Eaton" F-Bodies since 2004... (But 'til 2005...)
    GSBMC #999 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EddieGT
    I say we add a hidden button that if the person who is being challenged can find it, it steals all the points from the challenger.
    common man be serious

Quote Originally Posted by J
    Accept challenge button seems to be what everyone wants. I guess I could make it happen I just dont think anyone is going to accept a challenge from the higher ranked guys.. they wont be able to particpate in this.
    I don't think that is absolutely true. I can see where you're coming from, but I think having a few declined challenges is better than having people just stop participating on the site at all. I mean I can see both sides of it. I just made this to try and maintain some manner of order again. This system is supposed to be something that you want to do, not that you have to do. Ya know?

what i want to do is do whatever you guys want. Another reason for my heading away from the accept button is what if someone doesnt visit the site in a few days.. the person will be waiting for the longest time on a response... or should I allow them to challenge 5 people and the first person to accept is the one he goes against... I mean there are just to many things to consider.

Obviously if a guys car is more pimped out then someone elses why shouldnt he get the points for it? lol yer saying if a guy has all his money in his car he shouldnt get the points against a stock 6? there is a point at which you have to think from the guy whose car is pimped out as well.

Now keeping people from racking up points, we could lengthen the face-off length for the points they want.. as droptop says. that way they can only make 50 points every 72 hours or something.. more things to think about

Mustang stuff for sale Stang Gurl's Avatar

what i want to do is do whatever you guys want. Another reason for my heading away from the accept button is what if someone doesnt visit the site in a few days.. the person will be waiting for the longest time on a response... or should I allow them to challenge 5 people and the first person to accept is the one he goes against... I mean there are just to many things to consider.

Obviously if a guys car is more pimped out then someone elses why shouldnt he get the points for it? lol yer saying if a guy has all his money in his car he shouldnt get the points against a stock 6? there is a point at which you have to think from the guy whose car is pimped out as well.
    Another thing that needs to be taken into consideration is the fact that people who have an advantage and have had lots of time and money to put into thier cars may prey on those whom they see as inferior for some easy points and its not fair. Same with making someone lose points upon decline of a challenge... say I have a badass mustang (humor me here guys ) and I challenge someone that I KNOW has no chance on purpose because I KNOW they will most likely decline my challenge... I have just used an unfair tactic to sagotoge someone's points.

In my opinion let people choose if they want to participate in a challenge or not. If you force people, eventually they will stop participating altogether... I know if someone continueously challenged me knowing I didnt stand a chance just to make me lose points I would stop coming around because it would get old.

I know if someone continueously challenged me knowing I didnt stand a chance just to make me lose points I would stop coming around because it would get old.
    This is not a problem because you can only challenge someone once.

Quote Originally Posted by Droptop2001GT
    No face-off should start without BOTH parties approval. In other words, there needs to be a challenge acceptance/rejection option. Also, there should be a positive correlation between the length of the challenges, and the points awarded.

12 hours = 10 points
    24 hours = 25 points
    48 hours = 50 points

A 5 day challenge would be awesome...
    120 hours = 150 points

But it's up to the guy with the more work in his car to understand that picking on the little stockers isn't fair to them either. The challenge should be a way to test your work against someone else of the same caliber not a way to easily work your way up the ranks by challenging people who arn't neccisarily on the same level. Now if the person who is challenged accepts, they take responsibilty for it, and really don't have anything to complain about. And if someone can't get someone to accept any challenges, then they can just post here in this forum and try that way. Basically if you don't take this as a life or death matter, then it shouldn'd be a problem.
    I mean I'm about to get my ass handed to me for the third time, but it really doesn't bother me, because The guys that have challenged me have really nice cars, and I would have accepted even if there was an option.

But it's up to the guy with the more work in his car to understand that picking on the little stockers isn't fair to them either. The challenge should be a way to test your work against someone else of the same caliber not a way to easily work your way up the ranks by challenging people who arn't neccisarily on the same level. Now if the person who is challenged accepts, they take responsibilty for it, and really don't have anything to complain about. And if someone can't get someone to accept any challenges, then they can just post here in this forum and try that way. Basically if you don't take this as a life or death matter, then it shouldn'd be a problem.
    I mean I'm about to get my ass handed to me for the third time, but it really doesn't bother me, because The guys that have challenged me have really nice cars, and I would have accepted even if there was an option.
    EXACTLY what im saying.. nobody is gonna accept if they know they are gonna lose... it would be pointless lol

EXACTLY what im saying.. nobody is gonna accept if they know they are gonna lose... it would be pointless lol
    Well, It's either leaving it as is to keep the action going, no matter how many people get pissed off, or changing it to make people happy, and losing some of the competition.

Life begins at 8 psi... EddieGT's Avatar

We could add a feature that will only allow people to challenge people within a certain ranking range..

Say, 100 points max?

That way a 600 points behemoth doesn't go out making lots of points by picking on 50 pointers all the time..
    1997 SVT Cobra Vert (Black)
    2001 Audi S4 6-speed (Silver)
    1992 Subaru SVX LS-L (Silver/Black)
    History:
    2004 SVT Cobra Coupe (Black) - 2004 40th Anniversary Limited Edition (authentic...) Mustang GT Vert (Black with Arizona Beige stripes) - 2000 Mustang GT Vert (Silver) - 1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Red) - 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (Red) - 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S (Silver) - 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo (Red) - 1999 Mazda Protege ES (Silver) - 1990 Undisclosed Ford Vehicle (dark blue) - 1985.5 Toyota MR2 (Red)

"Eaton" F-Bodies since 2004... (But 'til 2005...)
    GSBMC #999 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

I don't know about the whole 100 point idea. I would think that by breaking the cars into sections. Such as. You can only challenge people within ranking spots of yourself. This way it gives say the guy in #40 position the ability to choose from cars #15-#65. If you do it that way, it still makes it competitive.

I agree with the longer the battle, the higher the scores.

Also, I think that thread I started "Which battle would you like to see most" is a great idea. This way, people can have some influence on what they want to see.

Maybe have J and 2 other's agree on a once a week "Super Face-Off". Have it last the weekend. I don't mean pick the same guy every weekend either. Mix it up Take 2 cars from the top 25 one weekend, 2 cars from 26-50, etc.

This will add a certain fun factor to the whole thing. After all, that is what it's all about. I would gladly do a face off for no points and get rid of the whole point system. Let's just have a good time.

Just some of my thoughts,
    Charlie

Thread Information