gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gotstang? Regular

Quote Originally Posted by 04Saleen
    If I buy these and put them on and don't like them, can we get our $$ back. Just trying to cover my ass.
    i dont know.i would say if the product worked and fitment was right .then i would have to say no.but like i said i dont own or have any stakes in this company.you would have to talk to the owner.but i will say if you dont like them. im sure there will be several people on the net that would take them off your hands.

passin with gas!
    www.autosoundandperformance.com
    www.spadekreations.com
    www.granddesignmats.com
    cadence audio

KromeandKolor.com

I Gotstang!! Right Here!

i dont know.i would say if the product worked and fitment was right .then i would have to say no.but like i said i dont own or have any stakes in this company.you would have to talk to the owner.but i will say if you dont like them. im sure there will be several people on the net that would take them off your hands.
    Ya, I hear ya. Guess you gotta take a chance and see where it takes Ya. I didn't realize this guy was copying your setup? What manufatcurer are your VD's?

Gotstang? Regular

Ya, I hear ya. Guess you gotta take a chance and see where it takes Ya. I didn't realize this guy was copying your setup? What manufatcurer are your VD's?
    they are from a company called doorsup ,but i think they went out of business.the design is similar to the decah brand

passin with gas!
    www.spadekreations.com
    www.granddesignmats.com
    cadence audio

KromeandKolor.com

I Gotstang!! Right Here!

Quote Originally Posted by coopdog21
    they are from a company called doorsup ,but i think they went out of business.the design is similar to the decah brand
    HMMMM, wonder why that company went out of business. How long have you had your doors for?

Gotstang? Regular

HMMMM, wonder why that company went out of business. How long have you had your doors for?
    it was there management and customer service!!! plus there shocks sucked.mine went out the first week i had the kit on.i got replacements shocks from this company that is selling this kit ,and have had no problems since.they have been on since july

passin with gas!
    www.spadekreations.com
    www.granddesignmats.com
    cadence audio

KromeandKolor.com

I Gotstang!! Right Here!

Quote Originally Posted by coopdog21
    it was there management and customer service!!! plus there shocks sucked.mine went out the first week i had the kit on.i got replacements shocks from this company that is selling this kit ,and have had no problems since.they have been on since july
    So you have dealt with this company before. Have you seen their product on a car?

G's up... Hoe's down...

Contact info in case anyone wants to call and talk to guy who's going to make these, Matt. I think Coop said there is also a guy named, Jason who can help too.

Heres the info of the company.
    Dayton Imports Customs
    652 S. Main St
    Dayton, OH
    (937)222-9962
    www.daytonimports.com

Gotstang? Regular

So you have dealt with this company before. Have you seen their product on a car?
    yes i've been to the shop personaly. i have not seen them on a mustang ,they had several up there that i seen and the workmanship looked great!

passin with gas!
    www.spadekreations.com
    www.granddesignmats.com
    cadence audio

KromeandKolor.com

G's up... Hoe's down...

I met with Matt today of Dayton Import Customs. He looked at Coopdawgs setup and took measurements off the stock hinges and the vertical door hinges and they match up perfectly to the ones they currently make for the 94-98's. So in about 2 weeks Matt is coming down to my house in Cincy and we are going to install one of the hinges and see if any extra adjustments are going to have to be made. This is definately a go.

Here are a pic of the hinges (without the struts, of course). They are made out of 1/2 inch steel. This is american steel and not cheap imported steel. They felt nice and solid when I held them.

Here is a few cars they have built vertical door kits for:

G's up... Hoe's down...

We are test fitting the passenger side this weekend.

what is the status of this group purchase? Im in for $800, if i can get em for 94-98.
    Last edited by Cobra94; 02-28-2005 at 11:16 AM.

G's up... Hoe's down...

Matt from Dayton Imports came down with a hinge for teh 94-98's and we test fitted it up. He will be making a few modifications to the hinge and we are all set. For any of you guys interested.. this is a go. Here are pics of the hinge.

After we pulled it off my stang with some markings on it for modification.

How my stang looks right now:

Supreme Thread Hijacker stalker's Avatar

Let me know what kind of price it will come out with in the end. I would love to get some, but money's very tight... as usual.
    2003 Mustang GT
    It's a brick.

2002 Bonneville SLE Daily driver

Holy Shit that sig is old. Car looks nothing like that.

G's up... Hoe's down...

Well tonight I extended my wiring to the doors. Matt gave me about 40 wires and atleast twice as many butt connectors. This will come in the kit. Coopdawg said he didnt have to extend his. He was able to pull them away from under the dash giving him enough slack. Mine didnt appear to be able to do this, so I went ahead and extended them. Took about 30 min (if that).

Pic of the wiring/connectors:

Before extending (minus the stock boot):

After extending (I will add wire loom):

When I get the kit installed, I plan on doing a full "how to" on this in order to help anyone who chooses to purchase this kit.

Looks fantastic. For $800 I am completely in. Unfortantly right now I only have about $500 to spend so if its a really tight timeframe I might not be able to :-/, I would need a few weeks.
    Black 2002 GT 5-spd

Performance: 2.5" Magnapacks / MGW Shifter (Blue Handle) / H&R Super Sport Lowering Springs / 4.10 Motive Performance Gears / MAC Offroad H-Pipe
    Appearance: Mach 1 Chin / Mach 1 Grill / 17x8 Chrome Bullits / SS Inserts / Tint

G's up... Hoe's down...

Matt from Dayton Imports posted this over at 3.8 mustang.com

Alright I will be posting a lot of text its not exactly in order but please read thru all it since it will answer most of your questions

1-5 Kits Price is $800 Shipped in the 48 States
    6-10 Kits Price is $750 Shipped in the 48 States
    11-15 Kits Price is $710 Shipped in the 48 States
    16+ Kits Price is $680 Shipped in the 48 states
    The 90 Degree upgrade kit is $169

Pricing will be determined by those who actually give a deposit on their door kit we are requesting $100 per door kit. so if 4 deposits are given pricing is 1-5 kits even though 25 people are interested. Once pricing is establish it will be valid for 3.8 Forum members for 30 days after 30 it will go back to normal retail pricing most likely will be set at $899 + shipping. The Door Kit will be Delivered within 30 days of customer giving a deposit.

We take visa, MC and Discover, we will only ship to your billing address not anywhere else so dont ask.We Can only take credit cards that are billed in the USA.Your package will be shipped by fedex ground and must be signed for! No, Fedex will not leave it at your door.
    we also take paypal aslong as we are shipping to your confirmed address only. NO PO BOXES OR Military Addresses unless you pay for your kit with a MO or Cashiers Check.

Our door kits normally come powder coated in black or chrome, those who leave a deposit and what a different color we will be willing to accommodate with a color besides black or chrome.

The Door kit you will be recieive will open farther that the pictures we provided to tony. The Kit will come standard with the 60 degree shocks, you can upgrade you kit to 90 degree for $169.

Installation will require you to remove your fenders, this just make things alot easier. For the beginner I would suggest giving yourself the entire weekend to install your kit more than likely it will take you less time but you never know when we have a customer tell me it took him 10 days to put a civic kit in we have done in 45 minutes. Currently we are unsure if the fender will need to be rolled but I will give it a 99% percent chance it will need to be done since most cars and truck need it. Final Test will give us the final result

Skey357- we know cory we turbod his integra this pastweekend should make a little over 300hp when its done later this week, which supra there is quite a few in centerville

Rolling the fender is a industry term because they dont want to use the word cut. simply put you need to remove part of the inner fender tab or bend it back

Cory Everhart is a customer with the turbo teg
    Corey Adams is the best employee daytonimports has ever had

The standard kit is 60 degree but the final kit we ship will be able to do 60 or 90 depending on which shocks are used

Kits for $450 are made in china, if you want a kit for $450 go buy one from china. Part of the price your paying for it to make sure some one who answers the phone speaks english and can actually help you with your problem and located in america and not a ocean away

Weld On Kits from GTP are nice for vehicle that they do not make a kit for, the downside is the shocks are long and difficult to mount on most cars but arent to bad on trucks. How do I know? we have used and seen about every vertical door kit made in the industry from the $300 homemade kits on ebay to the 10k kits from germany.

we are pretty busy if you have a specific question please post on the thread, if you need an instant answer please call us at 937.222.9964 but the more you guys call the less work we get done and longer stuff takes to complete. There are times I dont leave my office chair for 8 hours because the phone is off the hook with 3 lines, if we dont answer leave and message and we will return your phone call since you check the messages every morning.

Final Notes, we will have the new sample for tonys car hopefully later in the week and we can final test fit but it should be right on the money and we can go straight in to productions. Once the final test fit is done we will begin to take orders for the deposits on kits. well its 1045 pm and ive been at the shop way to long today hope that answers most peoples questions thanks
    -Matt

Old thread, but I dont care... for $700, You bet your ass im %150 Positive I want a set!

Supreme Thread Hijacker stalker's Avatar

would this kit be convertible to be suicide lambo doors???
    2003 Mustang GT
    It's a brick.

2002 Bonneville SLE Daily driver

Holy Shit that sig is old. Car looks nothing like that.

Thread Information