gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
    Gotstang? Newbie!

Default predator question

Does anybody in this site have a supercharger that is running a predator custom tune? I was just wondering what the safest amount of boost would be to run using the predator as a tuner. Thanks! Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Js281GT
    Does anybody in this site have a supercharger that is running a predator custom tune? I was just wondering what the safest amount of boost would be to run using the predator as a tuner. Thanks! Jon
    a predator tunes isnt a custom tune...my advice for you is to go find a reputable shop with a dyno...and bring a few pullies with you. i'd say go to mike murillo if hes still out in cali. anyway, hook ur car up to an A/F meter while on the dyno, and get the reads off of the car. if you are in a safe zone, you can basically throw on more boost, until you reach the lean area. thats when you stop, and tune for a good A/F ratio with a custom tune, and burnt onto a single mode chip, or you can do a flip chip...and do a chip for say a 14lb pulley for the track, and a street tune with an 8lb pulley

Gotstang? Newbie!

Thanks! That is what I can do. I can store as many downloads as I want onto my laptop. When I am at home (900 feet elevation) I am on one tune. Then when I go racing at palmdale (2659 feet) I bring my laptop and load in another tune. I guess when I get my blower I will run 6psi around town & then when I get to the track, do a pulley change & load the new tune. I just can't wait till I have the 4.9 liter block & put the 15psi tune in or 20psi. Instead of fiddling with 6 to 8. Almost no point in it. Oh well it is a good learning experience.

Thumbs up

I have to agree with Thumpin on this! The only thing I would add is, some companies make pullies for certain cars and they've found that lean spot for you.. ex: SLP makes a pulley for the 03-04 svt cobras that double boost and require no tune..

good luck with it!

Thread Information