gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I see dumb people... blacksunshine's Avatar

Default What does everyone do for a living??

I thought it'd be cool to know what people did for a living, so if you ever had a question in their particular field, maybe you could get some expert advice...
    So I'll start it... I work for Ford Motor Co. at Cleveland Engine Plants (Home of the now extinct 5.0)... we now build engines for the Taurus, Escape, Freestyle, Five Hundred, Mazda Tribute, Mazda 6, Mazda MPV, Lincoln LS-6, Jaguar X-Type,and the Jag S-Type 3.0.. So in other words, I build engines. Thanks to all of you for buying Ford products and not the jap-crap that has become so nauseatingly (is that a word?) popular! Buy American!!

Might sound geeky or lame but I work in a library, puting books back on shelves and workin the front desk, its a really easy job but I get paid well (over 12 bucks an hour) and it works around my school schedule so its perfect for me!
    "There are only two things I've ever been good at, racing cars and chasing *****." - Caroll Shelby

GSMC#29 Got Stang? Midnight Crew Baby!!!
    "Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting!" - Steve McQueen in Le Mans
    Gas is for cleaning parts...Alcohol is for Drinkin....Nitro is for Racing!!!
    When you drive a Ford you dont need a goodwrench!!

Be Afraid, Very Afraid ComputerGuy's Avatar

I'm a Systems Administrator for the Air Force (Contractor). My main job is Systems Management Server. I patch all the workstations on base for any vulnerabilities. I also do threat mitigation. I also build servers, patch them, and secure them before deploying them into the enterprise environment.

I am also the somewhat "Go To" guy for when a workstation does something weird. I am also a tester for new applications, testing them before deploying them via SMS.

No I'm not a Ricer... FastRedPonyCar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blacksunshine
    Thanks to all of you for buying Ford products and not the jap-crap that has become so nauseatingly :
    When ford can make an engine that makes decent power for it's size then I'll have respect for their engines. They did a lot right with the 03 cobra but they had to use a blower to get things done. And anyone can slap a set of forged pistons and rods in an engine, call it a day and watch the community make crazy power with it (like toyota and the supra). I still love the cobra to death but I just wished they could have made that power N/A you know? Like how chevy has no problems doing this for the last 20 years. I know ford could have done it. They have the technology, skill and $$.

Don't take this personal. You don't design them; you build them. It's not your fault. I just wished that ford wouldn't be so conservative with their "muscle car". It makes me sad seeing Camaros with just a cam be able to smoke a supercharged mustang or cobra.

Now look at this Jap crap for a minute. Why does the 2.0L 4 cylinder under my hood have the same HP as the 4.6L V8 under my 97 GT's hood

And the guys who play the "oh but look what happens when you supercharge and build up the stang engine". That's nice but a entry level single turbo kit for the S2K's and RSX-S's usually net about 300~330 to the wheels. Forging the bottom end and porting the heads really only limits the power output to the size of the turbo but there is a guy in Birmingham with an orange S2K fully built engine that has over 600 rwhp on pump gas that he's been driving every day for almost 2 years with not a single problem.

They'll never match the torque output, which is a given, but love them or hate them, when the engines are half the size and the cars can match the HP and 1/4 times of the V8 counterparts, it leaves most people in disbelief.

I can only think of a small handfull of stangs with that power and every one of them has problems keeping it runnign well.

All the quibbles aside, I think that Ford's new GT supercar is the 2nd most amazing machine on the planet. (Ferrari's F430 takes the cake.) And I'd kill just to drool on either one.

Oh...I almost forgot, I'm a (according to my job description) a Computer programmer level III. Oddly enough, I don't do any programming at all. I'm what one would call "help desk".
    Last edited by FastRedPonyCar; 01-21-2005 at 07:48 AM.

Got Stang Import Crew Member #1

No I'm not a Ricer... FastRedPonyCar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuy
    I'm a Systems Administrator for the Air Force (Contractor). My main job is Systems Management Server. I patch all the workstations on base for any vulnerabilities. I also do threat mitigation. I also build servers, patch them, and secure them before deploying them into the enterprise environment.

I am also the somewhat "Go To" guy for when a workstation does something weird. I am also a tester for new applications, testing them before deploying them via SMS.
    AKA "The OS crusha!"

It's hilarious when something goes wrong with the machines, everyone immediately turns and asks him what he did!

Got Stang Import Crew Member #1

Quote Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
    Now look at this Jap crap for a minute. Why does the 2.0L 4 cylinder under my hood have the same HP as the 4.6L V8 under my 97 GT's hood
    Great, what about the torque ratings?!?

Oh, the thread topic...

I'm an operator at the Arkansas Nuclear One plant. Homer Simpson in the flesh...

[

Gotstang? Regular

work for a sporting goods manufacturer that sells to schools,. little leagues, park and rec and so on. Also just sold my sports bar about a year ago that I have for 7 years..good times. Now I am getting into real estate with my new company a buddy and I founded
    New Car - 2011 5.0 - let the fun begin

Past Car - 1997 Cobra
    Black & Dark Shadow Grey
    S/C'd - 413.4 rwhp / 362.2 rwtq
    Check out the Snake and vote

Im IT/IS Tier2 help desk + linux admin for about 8 servers.

2 more months of school and ill have a BS in Networking and Telecommunications Management

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by J
    Im IT/IS Tier2 help desk + linux admin for about 8 servers.

2 more months of school and ill have a BS in Networking and Telecommunications Management
    god im marrying a geek

"Lick it up bitch"

I work for Targay Corporation... oops "Target"... I was a computer tech in charge of programming the software on a number of symbol units. Really easy job but I hurt my back and now I'm on workmans comp since beginning of December.

For Sale: My 2001 Mustang GT 10,500.

Updated 12/17/06 http://01GTType.gotstang.com

I am a hotel supervisor. I have had many jobs. The best one i had was a computer tech i guess you could call it. I would show up at peopels houses and do on site calls for computer repairs. I have a little bit left for my BS degree in IT and small business ownership. had to ditch that computer job when i moved out to the sticks where peopel do not know what a computer is.
    2000 White Mustang GT Twin Turbo T/3 T/4 380HP 470TQ = Nuff Said

Sold:
    1999 Chromalusion Cobra
    2000 Mustang GT

im js sex slave cook and childcare offical...

"Lick it up bitch"

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerbabe
    im js sex slave cook and childcare offical...

I have the best girlfriend.

dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol

I work in a paper factory. I am in shipping <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Yea Fun!!!!

I work in IT/MIS...Fun fun stuff...

autosoundandperformance

I own a automotive performance and accessory shop in Columbus,Ga. Just got my dyno up and going take a look at pics on page 2 of website. Im also SCT dealer.

Sr. Engineering Technician.../Lab Manager.../Man Whore...

Work for a start-up company that has designed the new Pre "n" guage wireless networking cards. Curently being shipped retail by Belkin , Linksys ,Bufflo , and a few others real soon. I do almost anything related to Hardware and software testing and development.

Before that I was a Sr. Eng Tech/Lab Manager/IT Admin/Fac cord./Phone system admin for a small..now defunked startup called Filanet. Best and Most fun I have ever had at a job.

Before that I did a ten years stint as a Eng. Tech for a defense contractor ..making devices for the 3-letter branches of the goverment and our allies.
    2K Stg2 Roush Vert S/C 430/440
    I am not a Psycho...But I play one on a PC!

Legendary:
    It's like if a cobra and a saleen had a kid, it grew up, and kicked the sh*t out of it's parents, this is what it would look like.

I'm just a student. I do work during the breaks at the highly intellectual job of stocking shelves at Duckwall's.
    I also do some Graphic Design on the side though.

Quote Originally Posted by 04redmach1
    I own a automotive performance and accessory shop in Columbus,Ga. Just got my dyno up and going take a look at pics on page 2 of website. Im also SCT dealer.

SWEET. Gonna have to check you out. Got a website up for products, etc. I prefer my money go to friends than other companies.

I recently graduated with a Bachelors in Business. I am currently working for an accounting firm in downtown Chicago. I am a tax processor and my other new title is "E-filing coordinator" It is not my dream job, but I still have no idea what I want to do!! But I keep telling myself that I am only 22 and that I still have time = )

Im general Manager of a Custard Franchise from Kansas, Sheridans Frozen Custard

466RWHP 490RWTQ
    Magnaflow Cat-Back, UPR O/R X-pipe, K&N FIPK
    2.76 Non Slip S/C Pulley
    4 Peice Idler Set 3 100mm 1 92mm
    Gates 74.5" Belt
    NGK TR6 Plugs
    SCT Multi Chip Package Custom Tuned By Herman

GSMC#1

I am a and I am definately a

autosoundandperformance

No website up yet but soon. I sell everything for a car though. So whatever you need i got. Just slap me a email or a message on here what your lookin for.

Quote Originally Posted by 04redmach1
    No website up yet but soon. I sell everything for a car though. So whatever you need i got. Just slap me a email or a message on here what your lookin for.
    got any 8.8 rear ends for a 99+ stang?

Gotstang? Newbie!

Civil engineering technician (designing highways/bridges)

Any Underdrive pullies for a 99 V6?

Thread Information