gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com

Thread: Nitrous.......

Default Nitrous.......

Ok i have some nitrous stuff from a friend of mine... i have a 10lb bottle, solenoids (purge,fuel,nitous) bottle warmer. Now i need all lines, bottle brackets, fogger nozzle, fuel rail adapter, full throttle switch. now what i need to know is what jets do i get to run a 100 shot of juice???? and what line do i need? I have an 03 gt and i will be getting it tuned before using it.... any advise will help..

Hey Guy,

What type of kit is it? The kit I am familiar with is the Zex kit. It comes with a Module that hook into your TPS (its an electrical wire, used to see if you are at open throttle or not). The device also has a place where you run the fuel and nitrous lines. You run the nitrous and fuel line from the device to the nozzle that is in your CAI. On full throttle the device opens the fuel lines and nitrous lines, thus giving you your shot. I ran a 50 shot on stock internals with no issues back in the day. I would NOT recommend doing a 100 shot on your stock bottom end.

There is a nitrous guy that comes to cruise nights at the Home Depoy in Londonderry on Saturday nights.. It starts at 5:30 - 7:30. You should stop up this weekend.

I can recommend a dyno guy for you too if you want to do it right.

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

i might be able to make it on saturday.... i am running the Nos kit, where i am going to tune my car is in concord i noticed you go to pete also. i have done alot of research and from what i have gathered i can run 100 shot on stock internals..as long as i stay under 380whp my rods can take it.

Yeah Pete is the man... if you have done the research, good stuff. Just keep in mind, alot of people will report no problems with 100 shot, how long will it last though? you know? Might be worth saving some money for a bottom end!

Let me know if you are gonna go on Saturday, I can give you my number.

dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol

Saturday sounds good.... i will email for your info...

Looks like its gonna rain

yeah just found out,, i cant meet next saturday i have to work until 5

not sure if the stock lower end will hold up. I have been through some NOS classes and installed the stuff for a living for a while. NOS was created for stock cars to be able to go fast for cheap. Most average V8 engines that have oh less then 80K miles should run 100shot fine. I know the 5.0 mustang engines we use to tune them with 125 shot on stock motors. no issues at all but very tricky if your running manual tranny. if you miss a gear it will straight burn a whole through the top of your piston or pistons. be careful. first thing is to find out what bottom end you got. if you have a cast crank and forged pistons 150 shouldnt be a problem. they actually have pistons that have a special coating for if you are going to be running alot of NOS. Think the most i ever run on a race motor was 350shot of NOS.

Well said grey

S.O.B !!! I NEED GAS !!! 91GT347's Avatar

100 should be no problem. As long as the timing, ect, is in check. Run it a little fat on the fuel side at first, and then start leaning it out until its where it needs to be. Make sure you keep the solenoids clean too. Especially the fuel. It will get gummed up. Just like a carb or anything else that has fuel running through it, and isnt used alot. A nitrous filter is a good idea too.

Thread Information