gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
    Gotstang? Regular thunderbolt64's Avatar

Default Roast'em if ya got em!

The battery died in my Nissan beater truck last nite. Luckily I was able to get back home, fire up the Stang and make up the lost time, and was still on time fer work. Today, I'm checking out the dead battery, and I notice there is battery acid under the battery in the battery tray. The receipt is still on the side of the battery, but it has become black due the battery acid, and there are no dates on the battery, so I figured I'm screwed. (battery is only bout a year old). I put some plastic, and some old towels in the Stang, and take the battery to the local Autozone. They test it, it's bad, duh! So I get a new battery, hold down clamp(the battery may have been sliding around, prolly caused the leaking), and a new clamp.

At the cash register, the guy behind the register, starts asking about my Mustang. It tells me it's nice, wanted to know where I got the projector headlights....blah, blah. As I'm leaving, I notice he and another employee, are watching the car as I leave the parking lot. So I figure, I give a brief show. I pull out onto Dixie Hwy(local road), rolling in 1st gear, I nail the throttle, the rear tires immediately break loose. I come off the pedal just a tad to keep the tach around 5800, then I grab fer 2nd gear, and the car is still spinning.
    At this point, I am almost at the stoplight, so I get out of the throttle. The whole burnout didn't last but a few seconds, but it was so much fun!

So, as the title implys, roast'em if ya got em! Sorry for the long windedness!
    Let's hear your stories of cool everyday burnouts.
    Last edited by thunderbolt64; 01-07-2005 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt64
    The battery died in my Nissan beater truck last nite. Luckily I was able to get back home, fire up the Stang and make up the lost time, and was still on time fer work. Today, I'm checking out the dead battery, and I notice there is battery acid under the battery in the battery tray. The receipt is still on the side of the battery, but it has become black due the battery acid, and there are no dates on the battery, so I figured I'm screwed. (battery is only bout a year old). I put some plastic, and some old towels in the Stang, and take the battery to the local Autozone. They test it, it's bad, duh! So I get a new battery, hold down clamp(the battery may have been sliding around, prolly caused the leaking), and a new clamp.

At the cash register, the guy behind the register, starts asking about my Mustang. It tells me it's nice, wanted to know where I got the projector headlights....blah, blah. As I'm leaving, I notice he and another employee, are watching the car as I leave the parking lot. So I figure, I give a brief show. I pull out onto Dixie Hwy(local road), rolling in 1st gear, I nail the throttle, the rear tires immediately break loose. I come off the pedal just a tad to keep the tach around 5800, then I grab fer 2nd gear, and the car is still spinning.
    At this point, I am almost at the stoplight, so I get out of the throttle. The whole burnout didn't last but a few seconds, but it was so much fun!

So, as the title implys, roast'em if ya got em! Sorry for the long windedness!
    Let's hear your stories of cool everyday burnouts.
    nice
    wanna race tonite!? lol j/p! i love showen off my baby!

466RWHP 490RWTQ
    Magnaflow Cat-Back, UPR O/R X-pipe, K&N FIPK
    2.76 Non Slip S/C Pulley
    4 Peice Idler Set 3 100mm 1 92mm
    Gates 74.5" Belt
    NGK TR6 Plugs
    SCT Multi Chip Package Custom Tuned By Herman

GSMC#1

I am a and I am definately a

hahahah my could only do one-wheel burn-out :cry:

"I use Castrol GTX on my girlfriend, and I use the high mileage Castrol on my older ladies. Its an excellent lube"

Louisville Kentucky United States of America

Yeah the metro police on dixie love for people to do that I know you saw the video are you attempting to take my title as the brodie king ?
    Imports: When Old School means 1991

-Adrian
    -2000 Black GT

Sorry, I didn't see the video...............that was the other interesting part of the burnout. It was 12:30 afternoon. I was looking all around trying to figure where the "man" would come from. I was gonna tell him my throttle cable got stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmongstang
    hahahah my could only do one-wheel burn-out :cry:
    My Fairlane does killer peg leg burnouts. Hopefully that will be fixed in the near future.

When I lived in Brandenburg, I used to cross the bridge into Indiana, and go have a beer at this little hole in the wall bar called the River Bottom Inn (it was in the news awhile back for a shooting that occurred there). Anyway, when I would leave, I would perform this 100+ foot burnout. I would look back in my rearview mirror, and see nothing due to the cloud of tire smoke, that had engulfed the bar. I fondly referred to it as the Brandenburg Burnout.

Louisville Kentucky United States of America
    Imports: When Old School means 1991

-Adrian
    -2000 Black GT

Ok, now I remember it. Brake torquing is fun, but it's even more fun to smoke'em when the car is roll'n.

We will haft to shoot a vid of the rolling burnouts!

LOL the man? LOL thats what you guys call them? We call them pigs or as i like to call them #@$%#$%#$%'s
    2000 White Mustang GT Twin Turbo T/3 T/4 380HP 470TQ = Nuff Said

Sold:
    1999 Chromalusion Cobra
    2000 Mustang GT

Thread Information