gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Default Take crap for owning a 6?

I wanna know how many of you guys take shit for having a 6'er ... and what your reponses are...

I hate hearing "its just a 6" or nice "6" i mean at what point does one gain respect for owning a 6... If I ran 400 HP... there is always the.. "well if you did that to a GT itd be at 500+ HP...

My car is not by any means fast.. and I dont claim it to be.. but there is always a faster car out there.. so where is the love?

And do the people who own vipers pick on guys that own v8s... lol

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

Never been dogged to bad about it, but I really don't care about how much power I have, more about how the car looks. When people ask me why I've put so much work into a V6 though, I just say, everyone expects a V8 to be competative, but how many people expect a V6 to be more?

well there are some people out there who use there 2 extra cyl as a status symbol, not just that but theres a lot on the road that smokes Mustang GTs, so they need to take it out on us. not just that but from alot of GT drivers i talk to all they can think about is racing there car or getting it ready to race.

honestly i know ima get flamed for this but if i wanted a race car i would not buy a Mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyb0y3
    well there are some people out there who use there 2 extra cyl as a status symbol, not just that but theres a lot on the road that smokes Mustang GTs, so they need to take it out on us. not just that but from alot of GT drivers i talk to all they can think about is racing there car or getting it ready to race.

honestly i know ima get flamed for this but if i wanted a race car i would not buy a Mustang.
    don't worry about saying what you think... won't be any flaming on these forums. I'll make sure of it

Anyway, my sister owns a 6, and 2 of my best (girl) friends own em too... personally, I was very lucky to be driving a v8. but, i don't think people should ever diss someones car.
    2002 GMC Yukon

Pair of Cadence Triplex 2-ohm 12” Subwoofers
    Custom “Built To Spec” Sealed Subwoofer Enclosure
    Cadence Amadeus 1000w Digital Mono Block Subwoofer Amplifier
    Orion 4004 4-channel Amplifier
    Set of Cadence Ultrashock 5.25” Component Speakers
    Set of Focal Access 165A Component Speakers
    Cadence Ultrashock 1.2 Farad Capacitor
    Cadence Fuseblock
    Cadence In-Line 100 Amp Circuit Breaker
    Kenwood AM/FM/CD/MP3 KTC-SR902 Head Unit w/ SIRIUS Satellite Radio

1999 Mustang GT Vert 5spd

4.10 Gears
    CAI
    FRPP "King Cobra" Clutch

mustangs can be made fast how is 1100 hp
    http://inductionweb.com/UnderPressure2.mpg

Quote Originally Posted by 232stang
    mustangs can be made fast how is 1100 hp
    http://inductionweb.com/UnderPressure2.mpg
    that's thing's a beast when that turbo lag kicks in!!

lol, funny how the hood flew off.
    2002 GMC Yukon

Pair of Cadence Triplex 2-ohm 12” Subwoofers
    Custom “Built To Spec” Sealed Subwoofer Enclosure
    Cadence Amadeus 1000w Digital Mono Block Subwoofer Amplifier
    Orion 4004 4-channel Amplifier
    Set of Cadence Ultrashock 5.25” Component Speakers
    Set of Focal Access 165A Component Speakers
    Cadence Ultrashock 1.2 Farad Capacitor
    Cadence Fuseblock
    Cadence In-Line 100 Amp Circuit Breaker
    Kenwood AM/FM/CD/MP3 KTC-SR902 Head Unit w/ SIRIUS Satellite Radio

1999 Mustang GT Vert 5spd

4.10 Gears
    CAI
    FRPP "King Cobra" Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by _starns_
    don't worry about saying what you think... won't be any flaming on these forums. I'll make sure of it

Anyway, my sister owns a 6, and 2 of my best (girl) friends own em too... personally, I was very lucky to be driving a v8. but, i don't think people should ever diss someones car.
    i agree 110%

Gotstang? Newbie! AutumnOrangeGT's Avatar

v6 mustangs will always get dissed, because its a chicks car. I bought a v-6 firebird before my mustang, and it sucked and i wished everyday someone would smash it for me so i could get the insurance check to buy a v8.....at least i knew well enough not to waste money on it and i finally got a car i really liked..... And yes viper guys can make fun of V-8' people.... but only if they can beat the V-8.... . Until your v6 is faster than the majority of v8' stangs........... put on a flame suit..

Gotstang? Newbie!

I personally think the base mustang is an insult to the mustang name. it comes from the factory with lame looking wheels, sounds like crap, and its pathetically slow. Then you got all the guys that slap body kits and all the other ricer junk on there, its just ridiculous. Luckily the majority of owners are females or old guys - neither of which care about "mustangs" they just think they have a pretty car, LOL

Gotstang? Newbie!

Quote Originally Posted by 2kGT
    I personally think the base mustang is an insult to the mustang name. it comes from the factory with lame looking wheels, sounds like crap, and its pathetically slow. Then you got all the guys that slap body kits and all the other ricer junk on there, its just ridiculous. Luckily the majority of owners are females or old guys - neither of which care about "mustangs" they just think they have a pretty car, LOL
    Hey, why don't you bit me?? Mabye all of us can't have mommy or daddy buy us a GT like you have. Leave the 6 out of this. Thanks.

Gotstang? Newbie!

my friend had a 6cyl. and lets just say with minor bolt ons and gears, i got it to 14.7's. that is w/out DR's. she was happy and i was impressed

i would love the GT and i have mad respect for them BUT when im done with my car this summer i will suprise and make some GT owners eat there words. i don't dislike GT owners . . just the cocky ones.

Alchemic Mechanic

Dont bother... people will always diss yur 6. Im just focusing on making the car nice. I have a surround sound dvd system in mine, you know.. the 800 dollar LCD high def flip out screen on the consol... ohh baby yes. with a custom painted interior... beautiful. but when i got my car i was 17 and mom didnt like the idea of a V8. im 18 now.. i bought the car with my own money but hey... you get what you got. make the best of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist
    Dont bother... people will always diss yur 6. Im just focusing on making the car nice. I have a surround sound dvd system in mine, you know.. the 800 dollar LCD high def flip out screen on the consol... ohh baby yes. with a custom painted interior... beautiful. but when i got my car i was 17 and mom didnt like the idea of a V8. im 18 now.. i bought the car with my own money but hey... you get what you got. make the best of it.
    well im going more show then go but the supercharger will make it more fun, i am only gonna push 6psi cause i don't wana to internal work on my daily driver. right now im working on cosmetic and suspention.

Alchemic Mechanic

well im going more show then go but the supercharger will make it more fun, i am only gonna push 6psi cause i don't wana to internal work on my daily driver. right now im working on cosmetic and suspention.
    yea past 6psi would blow your engine in 10K miles.. guarenteed. I'd grab a blower but i dont have the 3.5K to front for it right now. entering college and all that.

yea past 6psi would blow your engine in 10K miles.. guarenteed. I'd grab a blower but i dont have the 3.5K to front for it right now. entering college and all that.
    i got a Eaton M90 complete for $250 from a guy in my club, i would be a moron to not use it.

i got the pipeing, 30# injectors, new blower (he blew the old one), intercooler,lower intake,pulleys etc. .

Alchemic Mechanic

i got a Eaton M90 complete for $250 from a guy in my club, i would be a moron to not use it.

i got the pipeing, 30# injectors, new blower (he blew the old one), intercooler,lower intake,pulleys etc. .
    oh yur kiddin me.... dang man. i dont have any connctions here in ohio. in my town it sjust a bunch of kids that dont know shit about cars. the Eaton has what.. a 25-40% increase in HP? I know the good vortects give around 40-50%. I dont know the stats on the eatons.

oh yur kiddin me.... dang man. i dont have any connctions here in ohio. in my town it sjust a bunch of kids that dont know shit about cars. the Eaton has what.. a 25-40% increase in HP? I know the good vortects give around 40-50%. I dont know the stats on the eatons.
    im not sure on the percent but i know the car this blower was on was pushing 9 so i need to tune it down with a pulley and a blow off valve.

Gotstang? Newbie! fastmustangs1's Avatar

I would have rather gotten a Cobra instead.

Matt 01 stanger

Gotstang? Newbie!

Default Take shit for owning a 6?

Take shit for owning a 6?
    This is a every day thing for me but i put sometime into my motor. And all my buddys say oh its just a 6 but when all they see r my taillights they can tell me oh its just a 6. my car sounds like a blowen gt. The cam gear make it sound like theres a blower on it. car mods i've done cai, cam,cam gear,saved heads, a blowers and 4.2 liters on my to do list right now.

And as for the guys with v8s they pay more for gas,insurance and speeding tickets haha .

Alchemic Mechanic

well personally.. the best thing to do is grab a 302 V8 like on the GT.. and stroke it. you're livin large then.

also update on the psi. 6 actually would be a good idea.. in fact 9 will work also. but about 12+ is for racing and at about 14 psi your blower would be pushing it at around 6K rpm. so yea. Turbo's the way to go. properly turned and located right next to your headers you negate the lag effect.. and the amount of boost you recieve is the square of the exaust.. against the supercharger your gettting more boost cause the super tax's horses off your car from the belt and in return adds more.. negating the tax but whatever. 9psi should work fine. just take it in to get a turn up and youll be rollin'

well personally.. the best thing to do is grab a 302 V8 like on the GT.. and stroke it. you're livin large then.

also update on the psi. 6 actually would be a good idea.. in fact 9 will work also. but about 12+ is for racing and at about 14 psi your blower would be pushing it at around 6K rpm. so yea. Turbo's the way to go. properly turned and located right next to your headers you negate the lag effect.. and the amount of boost you recieve is the square of the exaust.. against the supercharger your gettting more boost cause the super tax's horses off your car from the belt and in return adds more.. negating the tax but whatever. 9psi should work fine. just take it in to get a turn up and youll be rollin'
    uhh what year GT are u talking about with the 302 in it? GT's are 281's i thought...

466RWHP 490RWTQ
    Magnaflow Cat-Back, UPR O/R X-pipe, K&N FIPK
    2.76 Non Slip S/C Pulley
    4 Peice Idler Set 3 100mm 1 92mm
    Gates 74.5" Belt
    NGK TR6 Plugs
    SCT Multi Chip Package Custom Tuned By Herman

GSMC#1

I am a and I am definately a

Quote Originally Posted by BruntzySVT
    uhh what year GT are u talking about with the 302 in it? GT's are 281's i thought...
    95 was the last year of the 5.0 302, all the GT's after that were 4.6l 281s

95 was the last year of the 5.0 302, all the GT's after that were 4.6l 281s
    thought so, lets hope he ment old ones!

466RWHP 490RWTQ
    Magnaflow Cat-Back, UPR O/R X-pipe, K&N FIPK
    2.76 Non Slip S/C Pulley
    4 Peice Idler Set 3 100mm 1 92mm
    Gates 74.5" Belt
    NGK TR6 Plugs
    SCT Multi Chip Package Custom Tuned By Herman

GSMC#1

I am a and I am definately a

DrewSStanG

Quote Originally Posted by 38 special
    Take shit for owning a 6?
    This is a every day thing for me but i put sometime into my motor. And all my buddys say oh its just a 6 but when all they see r my taillights they can tell me oh its just a 6. my car sounds like a blowen gt. The cam gear make it sound like theres a blower on it. car mods i've done cai, cam,cam gear,saved heads, a blowers and 4.2 liters on my to do list right now.

And as for the guys with v8s they pay more for gas,insurance and speeding tickets haha .
    i have a hunch you have no idea what you are talking about, or maybe you are just drunk.

And as for me, i have the money to buy a V8, and i will, but im only 17 and until i get bored with my current car im not going to get another. A big part of modding my V6 is too learn how engines work and get some experience inside an engine. I do not want to attempt a complicated cam swap or something of that nature for the first time on a 30k dollar car. To me, its all about havin fun and being unique.

Thread Information