gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com

Thread: Cam Suggestions

Gotstang? Newbie!

Default Cam Suggestions

I have a 01 mustang with headman headders, dual flowmaster 40's, K&N FIPK, Diablo Tuner with 4.10 gears and T-lock and want to get a cam to make it sound a littler more aggresive any suggestions on what one would be good for me
    Last edited by doomhunter69; 08-14-2008 at 05:06 PM.

stock as a rock
    Owensville IN USA the only one that matters

The best cam is one that is made for YOU. But since you dont have much done to your ride, you may want to hold out until you start doing some more serious mods.

Cams are expensive, and thats the only reason I say that.

If you are dead set on a cam right now, I suggest you call comp and see what they recommend for your setup. Custom grinds IMO arent worth the extra money for the level of mods that you currently have.
    Come on man, its stock! How could you loose!

Gotstang? V6 Team stangracer44t's Avatar

I am running a comp. cam (part #44-703-9)
    You also need springs, retainers, and rocker arms. If you want to do the cam you need to do everything at the same time. Also its a good idea to get a retune with the cam. I just added 30lb injectors and a 310 fuel pump to help with the cam.

"Do you remember the little red button? Push the little red button, and you might want to fasten your seat belt!"

Stock injectors are good for 250 RWHP, if your cam is going to give you an aditional 40 RWHP (its not) then you need to change your injectors.

Depending on which cam you go with you will most likely need the other things stangracer has suggested (other then the injectors and fuelpump). I would have to say that most gains from a CAM come with heads/intake change along with it... I would only do a CAM if you know what you are planning to do with the engine down the road. Dont get a Naturally Aspirated CAM if you are going to go boosted... Get a CAM that takes advantage of BOOST.
    Last edited by J; 08-15-2008 at 01:11 PM.

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

Gotstang? Newbie!

ok thanks guys i am going to save up and go for the power package from supersix then

Gotstang? V6 Team stangracer44t's Avatar

always a good choice. I dont know how many miles are on your stang, but around 90K or higher I have noticed that the stock injectors go to shit. Thats why opted to upgrade for future plans instead of just replacing them.

"Do you remember the little red button? Push the little red button, and you might want to fasten your seat belt!"

Gotstang? Newbie!

talk to super six motorsports or delk performance and they can help you out

Thread Information