gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
    Gotstang? Newbie!

Default Here's why I have the F/Os turned off...

I've been asked why I turned the F/Os off, so here it is: I will always lose to the new guy. I have participated in GS a lot, and that is where my member points come from. My average car rank and overall car rank are not near that high. This is appropriate, since my car is mostly stock, and a less than perfect daily driver, as well. So unless I want a ton of losses (which I don't really), I have to either sink a ton of money into my car, or turn off the F/Os. I don't happen to have piles of money laying around to drop into my car, so sorry, the F/Os are off...

Earlier, I did some of the F/Os against unarmed opponents, and had a few losses, but after realizing that I was setting myself up for a ton of losses, I shut them off.

Here's my proposed fixes:

1. Change all faceoffs rules to be based on average car ranks instead of member ranks. The points from the win should still be added to member points. This would keep the GS veterans from taking a loss from the noob with the brand-new GT500, or Roush Blackjack, etc.

2. Limit the faceoffs to only cars with equal classifications and primary use. My ride is slightly modified, and a daily driver. The new guy that comes in with the custom show car will beat me repeatedly untill he passes me on the ranking chart. A limiter on what types of rides can challenge what other types of rides would prevent this.

I know this has all been discussed before, but just wanted to through my two cents in!!!

A good post...

Ive heard alot of this before but im thinking number 1 would make sense...

I might have to put number 2 in place if it would bring the feature back.

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

Gotstang? Newbie!

Being a judge I can tell you that presitation and having the right pictures that shows off the car has more to do with it then what you have done to it. A higher end car should not be in the same class that your in.

Just a quick glance you only have one interior pic and two or three of your other areas, from what I can tell everything is very clean and looks good, but what you show is very limited.

Sig done by CrimsonBlack

Sam's 03 Terminater

I agree with Presentation, presentation, presentation. Agood site beats a better unprepaired site/car most of the times.
    THANKS TO CRIMSON BLACK FOR THE AWESOME SIG.

J I thought it was already based on car rank and not member rank? It's also limited to a 500 point difference, right?

Thanks Crimsonblack

Thanks to Nicoleb3x3 for this one.

Gotstang? Newbie!

Agree with Dapack and Yosemiddy - I do need additional pics, but again, walking into the gunfight with my knife drawn seems a little foolhardy... But then again, I really don't have an excuse for not having more pics up - maybe I should fix that, eh?

Good feedback from all of you - thanks!

YSOffcr - you may be right on whether it is car rank or member rank - the rules don't specifically say which. I believe they are member, although a quick way to check is find a high-ranked member with a new car and see who they can initiate a F/O with...

The 500 point difference doesn't stop anyone from beating someone that has more points, that protects the new guys with the stock rides and few or no photos.

the 500 point different just makes them have to agree to the faceoff... it shouldnt stop you from challenging them... I havent looked at the code for awhile...

We had alot of people challenging new users before they even had pics up...

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

people challenging new users and going after easy wins? i don't believe it J. lol

when two hearts race... both win.

Thread Information