gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
    Gotstang? Newbie!

Default X pipe or H pipe?

I have a 05 GT 5 speed Vert. I have added Flowmaster exhaust & I love the sound. I plan to add a JLT cold air intake, Bassani BX pipes W/cats, SCT X Calibrator 3, & do a dyno tune after all this is done. My question is I understand that you lose the "deep" sound that I have now when you install the "X" pipes. I know this , because I have a friend who has the same exact car with the same exact mods done to his & he lost that sound he loves. I understand that if you go to a more aggressive "Y" pipe you don't lose the deep sound you actually increase it (which I want). One of the "Y" pipes I am considering is the company MRT out of Detroit. If anyone has any experiece or knowledge I would appreciate your knowledge. Feel free to email me personally.

Merry Christmas everyone.

OHYELLER
    Last edited by OHYELLER; 12-19-2007 at 07:37 AM.

I know wldponi has a good relationship with the MRT guys... I would talk with her.

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

Gotstang? Newbie!

y- pipe is alright just to combine the two pipes pressures but if you want the best performance under any situation the x-pipe is always going to flow the best. ive personally flow tested each and the x-pipe performed the best no matter how much exhaust pressure i put through it. if you want a great deep tone you can either go with off road x-pipe or a good x-pipe w/high flow cats and put a edelbrock cat-back on it, that cat-back acually flows 10% more than the flowmasters. you would be pleased with that.

S.O.B !!! I NEED GAS !!! 91GT347's Avatar

Just go with a H pipe. For maximum HP a X pipe is better,but at the cost of some low end torque. Which torque is what you want in a driver. If you have a naturally aspirated 4.6 you definately dont want to lose low end. On a stock to mild car go with the H.

The H-pipe is the only way to go if you want the deeper sound.

Thanks Crimsonblack

Thanks to Nicoleb3x3 for this one.

Gotstang? Newbie!

Go with a h pipe for better sond

Queen of Team BLING 3 wldponi03's Avatar

I have the MRT H-Pipe on mine and it is awesome, when you call there talk to Dan and tell him I (Judy) sent you there it might help get you a small discount!!! 1-734-455-5807 or direct a Email to Dan at dan@mrt-direct.com let me know if I can help at all.
    Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.' ----Harvey Mackay

POSSE MOTTO:
    "life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
    but rather, to slide in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming 'wow, what a ride!!' "

Thread Information