gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gotstang? Newbie!

Question Girls race guys.....hmmm

I'm sure all the girls know what I'm talking about....It seems whenever a guy in another car see's me he trys to race me. Like for intance the other day I was on my way to work and this guy with around a 90's RS camaro pulls up beside me at a red light and starts reving his pos chevy so I look over and rev at him. Light turns green and of course I bust his a*S. Well it seems he just don't wanna give up what is it with that? Well then it starts to piss me off. I mean we were already doing 80 in a 25 zone. And I slow down for traffic....well this idiot keeps reving and speeding beside me and then cuts me off in traffic!!!! Well as soon as he gets over in my lane I shoot off into the other lane and bust his as* AGAIN!! I look in my rear veiw mirror and he flys me the finger.. .......If someone can anwser wth....is it that bad to be beat by a girl?

Gotstang? Regular

Hehehe. So demeaning is it to be beaten by a girl that a middle-aged man in a MINIVAN kept inching up at a light, and let 'er rip when it turned green. This was in a place where two lanes narrow into one, and his was about to end. I thought he'd give up after a few feet, but no. He mashed the gas in a valiant effort to overtake me! He may have already felt a bit emasculated in his wife's soccer taxi, and getting passed by a female in a V8 could've been the last straw. I was laughing so hard at his persistence, I let him get almost up to the bumper before showing him how silly of an idea that was. It's probably in the shop now getting a new transmission.
    IF YOU'RE NOT FIRST, YOU'RE LAST - Ricky Bobby's Dad

I only WISH I had more guys try to race me. Seems like when my v6 was more stock I had people want to race all the time. Not anymore. I'm not out in it as much now that I have a different DD but I wish I had more opportunities to show what it can do...

Just remember.. Street racing is BAD mmmkay? I mean that. 80 in a 25 is rediculous.

S.O.B !!! I NEED GAS !!! 91GT347's Avatar

Thats why my wife loves driving my car so much. Most dudes dont expect a girl to be driving anything much over a stock car.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy
    I only WISH I had more guys try to race me. Seems like when my v6 was more stock I had people want to race all the time. Not anymore. I'm not out in it as much now that I have a different DD but I wish I had more opportunities to show what it can do...

Just remember.. Street racing is BAD mmmkay? I mean that. 80 in a 25 is rediculous.
    OMG Girl where ya been.

And I seem to get that all the time. Worse when I am driving the cobra

Gotstang? Newbie!

Well I know street racing is bad but.....I have this deal where I don't even like anyone to think they beat me for any reason no matter where or how and surely no guy in a Camaro . I haven't got 1 ticket yet (knock on wood). I guess some guys think girls can't handle alot of power but I know toooooo many to prove them all wrong.
    Last edited by Evil_Torquetress; 10-30-2007 at 03:07 PM.

Gotstang? Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Torquetress
    Well I know street racing is bad but.....I have this deal where I don't even like anyone to think they beat me for any reason no matter where or how and surely no guy in a Camaro . Plus right through the middle of town is like a big rush. I haven't got 1 ticket yet (knock on wood). I guess some guys think girls can't handle alot of power but I know toooooo many to prove them all wrong.
    I totally understand - because if some guy in a crappy beat-down piece of rusted-out junk got ahead, he'd be running his yap all over town about how he beat a Mustang because a girl was driving it who didn't know how. I've had to tame that down a bit because once (in another car, long time ago...) a plain-looking sedan tried to pass me downtown. I kept speeding up 'cause it was annoying... and found out it was an unmarked police car. The officer called for backup because I had black tinted windows and they couldn't see who/how many were inside... it was very expensive, and not fun.

Gotstang? Newbie!

You know the funny thing is....I'm going to school to be a cop.....lol
    Last edited by Evil_Torquetress; 10-25-2007 at 07:49 PM.

come to raleigh

Gotstang? Newbie!

Raleigh sucks.... ...and it's 4 hours away. I get 13 mpg tahahahahah don't think so. Come to Charlotte. And I will greatly lose against you.

lol im j/k but 13mpg ? wtf i can knock at 25 to 28 mpg on the highway

Gotstang? Regular

Police academy... that's a smart idea. You'll get the inside scoop on where and what to avoid - better than learning the hard way. So I'll definitely behave around any stealthy-looking torqued up Mustangs if passing through Charlotte.

Gotstang? Newbie!

Yeah I don't believe I'll be working for Charlotte though to GHETTO I might as well sign my death certificate. And yes 13 mpg my dad says it's because I keep my foot in it..lol...but i get 16mpg highway. Something is wrong with my car though my smog pump is making noise. I think Im gonna go ahead and delete that. I also think I'm having a fuel problem......and I think my timing is off now

S.O.B !!! I NEED GAS !!! 91GT347's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Torquetress
    And yes 13 mpg my dad says it's because I keep my foot in it..lol...but i get 16mpg highway.
    JEEEZUS. WTF do you drive,a 60's big block or something ? I know several 11 second stroker cars that still get over 20 on the highway. You have a auto ?

Gotstang? Newbie!

Nope I have manual and it's a 95 gt. I got some kind of fuel problem. I get like 210 to a tank which is 15.4 gallons. I just replaced my fuel filter no difference. Umm I gotta go pull my codes at auto zone.

GS Dynasty

I understand a little light to light fun....short bursts here and there, however......and i dont mean to come off rude, but 80 in a 25 is just plain STUPID and you both deserved the finger. Around here when a speed limit is that low, its a school zone or extremely residential. i hope in your case it wasn't. Because that would be even more stupid. Street racing is gay, hands down. Take it to the track and earn your bragging rights. I did, and it was the best thing i could have ever gotten involved in. You talk about how a "girl" cant take that shit from a man...yet doing silly things like this, makes us girls look even worse.....its MUCH more fun, and more impressive at the track, when the announcer says something over the loud speaker to hundreds of on lookers and racers on how well this "girl" did.
    Just food for thought.

PS> sorry that came out kinda harsh, but i take the subject very seriously and will stick to my guns on it.
    Last edited by GirlzGT; 10-29-2007 at 07:43 PM.

Gotstang? Newbie!

The question has nothing to do with street racing. No matter where, no one is going to punk me in anyway what so ever. I could careless what anyones opinion is about the situation on street racing. The whole reason I even posted the thread was to ask a question about girls racing guys not to show I was street racing or that I thought it was "cool". I'm not one of these kids that go out looking for races on the street. If I'm caught in the wrong mood and someone pisses me off while I'm on my way homefrom work and tired and a ricer comes jumping at me I'll F*c*ing blow their doors off . Either way they get out of my way and it's over with. Someone pisses me off they are gonna get just as pissed off so F*c* it. No it wasn't a school zone or residental area it was actually in the middle of town. You can't tell me if someone pissed you off you wouldn't punch it? Well anyways thanks for your opinion anyways.

Gotstang? Regular

Unfortunately, people like messing with Mustangs. I've noticed it in the extreme after driving the Miata last week to keep mud off the Stang. Other drivers were as sweet as pie. That car couldn't overtake a golf cart, so it was cool not to deal with jerks.

A change in rides brought out the nutcases. They tried to cut me off on a highway entrance ramp (wtf - why? we'd all be doing 70 soon anyway), swung around a corner with a millimeter to spare before hitting my bumper, passed on the right, pulled all kinds of shenanigans.

Their craziness made me really jumpy after a week of relative peace - I'd forgotten how much danger they put me and my car into. Once I upgrade the suspension and supercharge the Stang, it's going to the track for sure, because I do want to whup someone's a$$ on the record. But I wish there was such a thing as idiot repellent for everyday use. I'd spray it all over my Mustang.

GS Dynasty

Well, knowing of someone who was nearly killed by immature behavior on the streets such as this, kind of doesnt sit well with me. You will do what you do, and i wont agree with it, but to each their own. Thats fine. I wasnt trying to be ignorant, just stating my opinion based on what you said.

And actually, when someone does aggrivate me, i keep my cool. Why risk something happening to my car, or the like? Sure, you have a little "fun" from light to light, perhaps a blip of the throttle from time to time to let someone know whats up, but id never go that crazy.

Around here there are rusted out hondas/ricers with 700+ fwhp that will rock almost any street stang or whatever. You never know who your gonna be against.

What happens when you pull up to one of these guys and you get ROCKED....are you gonna jerk the wheel and run them off the road? Sure sounds like it. relax....enjoy your car, take it to the track and let out your frustration LEGALLY. You will then think differently when driving on the street....you will have a whole new attitude.

Gotstang? Newbie!

I understand where you're coming from but I have a short temper. You sound like you can keep your cool easy. Alot of people say that is going to get me in trouble one day but I have yet to get one ticket (knock on wood). It's not an everything day with me just sometimes I'm caught in the wrong mood. It's like EVERY RICER, Camaro and whatever else that has an idiot in it always trys to race me. I don't always race them but if I'm in a bad mood it's different. Plus if they can beat me good they'll get out of my way on up the road or I'll blow their doors off and they'll be behind me.

And it's rare to find a rusted out honda with over 700rwhp around here. Street racers around here hang out on one road and cruise it looking for trouble or hanging out on the side if the road in the ghetto. Well I work in the ghetto where their little possies stay and I get off late at night and they're ALWAYS there. When I get finished with my Criminal Justice degree atleast I'll know where they hang out. I'm about 50 miles from the track and haven't had my car in the shape I want it in to take it to the track. Hopefually next season I'll find out what it is like to have that rush.

GS Dynasty

you will love the track! and believe me, your car can be 100% bone stock and you will still see/feel the rush. Its a great stress reliever on a friday after a long week at work....regardless of how modded a car is or isnt. You get loads of respect too. Ive been to quite a few events now (just started this year) and i already made a name for myself....im by far not the fastest, and i get beat alot, but i hand the beating out just as well. where else can you take your car from zero to 120 legally....

after going to the track all year, when im on the street i dont really bother with anyone....i know what my car has, and what its capable of.....i dont need to prove anything on the streets. sure, i get those who wanna be dicks and try things...but i learned if you ignore them, they go away.

Gotstang? Regular

::120 legally:: Magic words.

I can definitely sympathize about having low patience though. The increase in fatal road rage incidents finally got me to stop venting at idiotic drivers. Did you know that people don't need driver's ed to get a license in Tennessee? And they give the written test in several languages to help people pass. Road signs, however, are written in English. That's why there are wrecks every single day 'round here.
    I'd love to get a bulldozer-type cowcatcher mod, so the woozy wobblers can be moved out of the way.

Paradoxically, they drive slowly on the highway and race on suburban streets. You can almost hear the soundtrack in their heads when that happens... high-pitched repetitive violin and girls chanting "Konichiwa" or whatever it is they sing, from the garage scene in "The Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift." LOL!

I've street raced a few times; in a "safe" enviornments where ther was no chance of wrecking my stang due to traffic (my stang means more to me than the race itself)

one of my "races" was on the highway against a ricer....was beating him without even trying or even having it floored (street racing I always leave some beef under the throttle incase they gain on me I can punch the rest to the floor) -course I haven't needed to do that Course as soon as we approached "traffic" I left off; a momment later he passes me- but surely he knew he lost- and even if if was too dumb to realize it; I big cloud of smoke came out of his car....lol seriously; it was burning up- maybe his clutch because it was pretty bad.

2x on the track idea; J and I raced there this past October.
    NOTHING beats flooring your car for that quarter mile- NOTHING- totally insane to see exactly what your car is made of; I'm sure even if you have a "hot temper" you'll find the track more "exciting" it's the closet thing to hard core drugs without taking drugs. and with so much "happy time" you may find yourself more easy going in the day to day....

btw; the camaro guy prolly just wanted to "show you what he's made of" it's better to squash them by revving on by them in the next lane when he gets stuck behind traffic.

btw; the "revving past him" works best with a loud exhaust ...hehehe!!!

Gotstang? Regular

I've been gone awhile. but found this topic well worth reviving. There's a fluorescent yellow ricer lording it over the parking lot at work, and a Mitsubishi with a pink triangle logo plastered over its back window. I have yet to see their owners, but can just imagine. My friend's holding it down for the American metal with a new Dodge Charger. One of these days, our lunch hour could be very interesting. ;>

Thread Information