PDA

View Full Version : FS: Rolling Chassis - 1992 Mustang LX Hatchback - Drag Racing

GirlzGT
08-15-2007, 10:36 PM
Car is located in Buffalo, NY for viewing....it is up to you to arrange any kind of shipping means. More pics will be provided for SERIOUS inquiries ONLY.

It is a 1992 Mustang LX Hatchback. It is calypso green. It is set up for drag racing. Basically all you need is a motor and trans, and your good to go!

I will list everything it has (the best i can) and you will have a bunch of options, such as...if you want the car without the fuel system, or without the ignition system etc etc, those can be deducted to reduce the cost.

I only have 1 pic of it in its recent state. Keep in mind...there was NO expense spared in the construction of this rolling chassis.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72/frogiiie/NorwalkFire073.jpg

EXTERIOR

Fresh paint on 1/2 the car. It is solid, with no rust or dents. Its quite nice. It has lexan windows, all the way around (except the rear quarter glass). It has a cervini's cowl induction hood, and ed quay rear spoiler.

INTERIOR

Fully gutted. Doors have been hollowed out, and covered with aluminum inner door skins. It has 1 racing seat with harness. It has a custom 12 point roll cage with padding. Aluminum dash with autometer gauges. It has a painless wiring kit, with switch box and push button start mounted overhead. B&M Ratchet shifter. Aluminum rear firewall, protecting the fuel cell and battery (optima) with a cut off switch exiting where the license plate goes.

FUEL SYSTEM (OPTIONAL)

Mallory 175 Pump, mallory Regulator (return style). SS Braided fuel lines from front to rear. 5 Gallon Fuel Cell in hatch area.

ELECTRONICS (OPTIONAL)

MSD Digital 6 box (NOT INCLUDED). Blaster 2 Coil, Optima battery with cutoff. Painless wiring with switch box. Push button start. Autometer Gauges, Temp, Volts, oil pres. and 5 inch tack with shift light.

CHASSIS / SUSPENSION

. It currently has a Tubular k-member in it for a small block chevy. (no comments please) A QA1 small block ford k-member will come with it if you choose. Though, i am told if you flip the motor mounts around, a small block ford WILL bolt into this k-member no problem...but i have not tried this, so i cannot guarantee it. If the buyer plans on keeping with having a SBC powered mustang, we have a killer set of custom Lemons headers for sale seperately, as well as a drive shaft.
In the front, there is custome made Tubular lower control arms, and QA1 fully adjustable coil overs. the rear Has the Comp eng. adjustable rear shocks, double adjustable upper and lower control arms with spherical bushings, UPR anti roll bar kit. (basically the whole UPR package... Weld 8 hole big and skinnies complete as pictured. UPR steel Caster Camber plates. Flaming River manual rack & pinion. Im pretty sure it has new brakes as well.

REAREND

8.8 Rear jig straightened and welded tubes...4.10 gears with a full spool, (have 4.46's if you want them, c-clip eliminators, and 31 spline axels...welded wheelie bars.

MISC.

I am not 100% sure if its going with the car or not....and im sure it is, but it has a wizard aluminum radiator and electric cooling fan....keep in mind, the rad is set up for a chevy and was custom made to fit in the mustang, so the upper and lower outlets may be on the wrong side if using a ford motor.

This is the gist of it, and i am CERTAIN i am missing tons of info. I can tell you this car is built as solid as it gets, and goes down the track straight as an arrow. The reason for selling, he upgraded to a lighter tube chassis car with his current motor/trans combo. There is NOTHING wrong with this car!! Drop in your motor /trans combo + ignition and take it down the track, or nix some of the above things and make it your own!

If you or anyone you know is SERIOUSLY interested...PM me and we will talk.

$5500 B/O Minus Motor/Trans/ MSD Digital 6 box.

Thanks.