PDA

View Full Version : Blew my motor #2

TrevX
01-02-2005, 11:18 PM
There was no smoke, no spills from where I hit the nitrous at start and from where I came to a roll because it was 3 in the morning and no one was on the road and had my friend drive me up and down the road to check for leakage, none at all and he was behind me when I hit it and just smelt the nitrous.

No smoke or anything coming from the car. Then when we tried to crank it it would clatter...like click click click click really fast and wouldn't idle correctly...I think all that may be wrong is possibly the timing chain snapped like I've seen happen before and threw my timing off....and that is the clinking noise the timing chain hitting stuff. But then again it sounds like it might have brought a piston to high up and smacked a valve and that may be the clicking noise.

There was leaking I checked the next day but wasn't very visible...we checked the dipstick for maybe metal being on the dipshit...no metal. But there was coolant leaking from the car a little at the seal of this part of the picture below...it'll be circled (sorry jacked this from show ur engine pics thread.

http://www.aol-scene.com/photodisplay.jpg

Fastest302
01-05-2005, 02:50 PM
It probly could be your water pump not working that very well or maybe the gasket where the thermostat is, is crakced and it might let sonme coolant sneak out!

TrevX
01-05-2005, 04:01 PM
News update: It busted one of the pistons....and it scored the side of the cylinder wall....but the shop said they could hone it down because there was some alimunum on the side of it sorta or something of the sort.

Should I do this, or will I have more problems and just should get the motor remanufacutred by JASPER?

Joe Friday
01-05-2005, 04:26 PM
get teh reman motor w/ forged internals. Throw away your nitrous kit and get a nice KB intercooled kit for it.

AcidKoolz
01-05-2005, 05:21 PM
damn man, that sucks

Fastest302
01-05-2005, 07:33 PM
You should get the cylinder honed before anything else starts happening again and u should get rid of the nitrious

fastmustangs1
01-06-2005, 10:15 PM
How much nitrous are you running. You probably to high for a stock internal motor. What is your jetting?

Matt

FastRedPonyCar
01-17-2005, 12:11 PM
That sucks man. Did you have any monitors to keep an eye on your A/F ratio or anything like that? What size jet were you using?

How much is this shop saying they'd do the honing work? If I were you, I'd look into a used or new crate engine from www.karkraft.com

They sell used and new GT, Mach 1 and cobra engines, forged and assembled short blocks, long blocks, 03 cobra take outs with the SC and wiring harness ;)

Oh and if you've got an extra $40,000 burning a hole in your pocket, you can get a brand new 5.4L supercharged GT engine. :D