PDA

View Full Version : can anyone...

spiffy
01-02-2005, 12:15 PM
give me details about removing theat bolts or bolt threat how ever its said i need to remove my rear taillight harness what tools do i need ..exc.:thanks:

thunderbolt64
01-02-2005, 12:29 PM
Are ya taking out the busted up tailights? the tailight assembly has stud that run through the body, and are held on stamped metal nuts. I think they are 10mm.

spiffy
01-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Are ya taking out the busted up tailights? the tailight assembly has stud that run through the body, and are held on stamped metal nuts. I think they are 10mm. but how do i get it off i already removed all the bolts i see taht just screw on and all i see thats left is glue ans those things that i thought where tack welds btu was informed that they where threat bolts all i realy want to know is how to get it off so i can replace it :thanks:

thunderbolt64
01-02-2005, 12:46 PM
Once you remove the nuts, pull gently but firmly. That sounds kinky! Anyway, they will come off, just pull on 'em. Make sure you have all the nuts off.

spiffy
01-02-2005, 01:00 PM
Once you remove the nuts, pull gently but firmly. That sounds kinky! Anyway, they will come off, just pull on 'em. Make sure you have all the nuts off. pull the threat bolts? or the harness cause these "threat bolts" just look like dots to me and i would have to push right? soory i juat watn to be clear

thunderbolt64
01-02-2005, 01:06 PM
From inside the trunk, you should just see the studs, where you took the nuts off. All you haft to do on the harness, is twist and unplug. Do you have a Haynes repair Manual? It might explained it clearer, and would prolly have pictures as well.

spiffy
01-02-2005, 01:28 PM
From inside the trunk, you should just see the studs, where you took the nuts off. All you haft to do on the harness, is twist and unplug. Do you have a Haynes repair Manual? It might explained it clearer, and would prolly have pictures as well. yeah but i didnt think they would show body repair but worth a shot ill check right now.. :thanks:

My Cobra
01-02-2005, 03:22 PM
on mine i removed the the nuts kinda taped on the screw and it came right off with no problems at all.

spiffy
01-02-2005, 05:11 PM
im talking about these http://www.gotstang.com/photodisplay.php?file=940 im pointing to one ..sorry the pic is so big im pointing to it in the lower right

thunderbolt64
01-02-2005, 05:30 PM
That came out of the tailight, you just need to remove it.........your new tailights will have the studs in them already.

My Cobra
01-02-2005, 05:34 PM
hmmm yea hmmmm i have no clue what that is

spiffy
01-02-2005, 05:38 PM
That came out of the tailight, you just need to remove it.........your new tailights will have the studs in them already. not that im pointing directly at it its a small circular spot and is indented a bit

thunderbolt64
01-02-2005, 05:46 PM
not that im pointing directly at it its a small circular spot and is indented a bit

That is a spot weld. Is the rear panel bent? If so, you may need to get a body shop to do some work for you.

spiffy
01-02-2005, 06:30 PM
That is a spot weld. Is the rear panel bent? If so, you may need to get a body shop to do some work for you.well thats exacty what i thought it was when i frist looked at it

spiffy
01-02-2005, 11:49 PM
im just going to drill out the spot welds and and remove it then do the same to a junker then take it to a shop and get them to just weld the jucker replacement in place