PDA

View Full Version : Irwindale Speedway Club Day 6-9-07

rrobello
06-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Sorry for the late notice but if anyone is interested in the following please speak up quickly and Ill reserve you a spot.

I organized an event for SoCalStangs to do a club day at Irwindale Speedway on Sat. June 9th. The event is that we get a private car show of our own and before the races start we will do a parade lap around the track. And we have space left over so Id like to extend an invitation to you.

We are able to bring 40 cars (80 people get in free, driver+passenger) to show and do the parade lap and I would like to fill all 40 spots.

DETAILS:
June 9th-CRAFTSMAN TOOL NIGHT
Auto Club Late Models
King Taco Super Trucks
Vista Paint Super Stocks
Justice Brothers Mini Stocks

We would need to be there by 3:30pm. After we check in and sign waivers to get on the track, we will do one parade lap around the track and then park the cars in the Park Challet for our own private car show. All events start at 7pm and we will have our own roped off section in the grandstands. If youd like I can have them set us up with an option to buy meal cards for $6 each. General adult admission for any extra people wanting to attend (we get 2 free per car) is discounted to only $10.

I spoke to Ed at Stangwerks and he offered to let us all meet up at his shop before hand to regroup and head over since it is real close to the track. For those of us coming from SD (almost everyone I would imagine) we can meet down here and cruise up the 15 together.

To be fair I am going to make this just a first come first serve signup, unless anyone objects. So sign up fast! Also mention if anyone will be coming with you.
(I have added those who said yes on the previous thread, if you can not make it speak up and I will remove you from the list)
So whos in:
Richard-rrobello
Ed-Stangwerks
Ronnie-DarkShadowCobra
Ty-sonicvenom
Mike-SDKB +1maybe
Paula-R281
Nate-Domin8stang
Robert-01yellerCobra +3
Glen-Gut
Jarrod-JMagMach1
Adrian-WC_Racer
J-Whippld
Marco-2IN TURBO COBRA
Jason-black cat
Ed-C1Bullitt
Nestor-03 Mach 1
Mike Herman-67 Gt500
Richard-Surfnsocal
DR Riley-madmax305 +1

rrobello
06-04-2007, 11:06 PM
adding chris-vertiblemenace to the list

21 spots for cars left

rrobello
06-06-2007, 03:47 PM
****UPDATE****

Heres the plan, Ed has graciously offered to not only let us use his facility for a regrouping area where we can take a quick look at his shop and get an idea of what they do there, in case any of you havent been before; but has also just informed me that he will buy us pizza courtesy of Stangwerks.

So this means we will need to be heading up there early. For those of us coming from SD, lets plan on meeting at at the North County Fair Mall in front of Sears at 11:45am and wheels rolling at 12 noon on the dot. The reason for this time, is because the cruise up will NOT be a race, most of the way the speed limit is 70mph so it will be a pretty swift pace and we should make it to his shop between 1:15-1:30. We will leave Stangwerks at 2:45 SHARP to be at Irwindale by 3:30. It shouldnt take more than 30 minutes to get there.

SO TO REITERATE:
North County Fair Mall, SEARS- 11:45am wheels rolling at 12 NOON
Stangwerks-1:30pm wheels rolling at 2:45pm
Irwindale- MUST BE THERE BY 3:30pm NO EXCEPTIONS!

Addresses:
North County Fair Mall- 272 East Via Rancho Parkway, Escondido, CA 92025
Stangwerks- 9449 Richmond Pl, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Irwindale Speedway- 13300 Live Oak Ave, Irwindale, CA 91706

Directions and Maps:
From North County Fair Mall to Stangwerks- http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result.php?q1=272+East+Via+Rancho+Parkway%2C+Es condido%2C+CA+92025&q2=9449+Richmond+Pl%2C+Rancho+Cucamonga%2C+CA++917 30&q3=&q4=&q5=
(ATUALLY ON THIS ONE TAKE OUT STEPS 6 & 7, SO JUST TURN RIGHT ON 4th AND THEN RIGHT ON RICHMOND)
From Stangwerks to Irwindale- http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result.php?q1=9449+Richmond+Place+Rancho+Cucamo nga%2C+CA+91730&q2=13300+East+Live+Oak+Avenue+Irwindale%2C+CA+9170 6+us&q3=&q4=&q5=

My Cell in case anyone needs it: Richard-760-688-6400

I NEED A FINAL HEAD COUNT BY TOMORROW MORNING SO I CAN CALL AND LET BOTH IRWINDALE AND ED THE FINAL HEADCOUNT, SO PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK THE LIST BELOW TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON IF YOU ARE COMING, THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE YOU ARE BRINGING AND IF YOU ARE NO LONGER COMING PLEASE SAY SO. THANK YOU.

So far 26 cars and 34 people

Richard-rrobello
Ed-Stangwerks
Ronnie-DarkShadowCobra
Ty-sonicvenom
Mike-SDKB + 1maybe
Paula-R281
Nate-Domin8stang
Robert-01yellerCobra + 3
Glen-Gut
Jarrod-JMagMach1
Adrian-WC_Racer
J-Whippld
Marco-2IN TURBO COBRA
Jason-black cat
Ed-C1Bullitt + 1
Nestor-03 Mach 1
Mike Herman-67 Gt500
Richard-Surfnsocal
DR Riley-madmax305 + 1
Mike-MikeEMT609 + 1
Leo-Leos06gtLL + 1
Clay-06 GT
John-05 GT
Justin-misled20
Jacob-06GTwJUICE + 1
Miguel-1sickcorba

rrobello
06-08-2007, 12:27 PM
I spoke to the lady at Irwindale yesterday and confirmed that we will have a section in the grandstands roped off for us to sit and watch and that she is making arrangements to provide us with food cards for $6, I will get more details on that today. For now I have committed us for the list of people below so thats it, see everyone tomorrow.

ok now 29 cars and 39 people + Paula for pizza - Habu and Guest for pizza + Alex_96Cobra for Stangwerks

Richard-rrobello
Ed-Stangwerks
Ronnie-DarkShadowCobra
Mike-SDKB + 1maybe
Nate-Domin8stang
Robert-01yellerCobra + 3
Glen-Gut
Jarrod-JMagMach1
Adrian-WC_Racer
J-Whippld
Marco-2IN TURBO COBRA + 1
Jason-black cat
Ed-C1Bullitt + 1
Nestor-03 Mach 1
Richard-Surfnsocal
DR Riley-madmax305 + 1
Mike-MikeEMT609 + 1
Leo-Leos06gtLL + 1
Clay-06 GT
John-05 GT
Justin-misled20
Jacob-06GTwJUICE + 1
Miguel-1sickcorba
John-In-A-Roush
Brian-habu + 1
TehSleeper-06 GT + 1
Jose-Enorbit3 + 1
Sherry- MrsMystic652 + 2
TJ-TNumber5

rrobello
06-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Ok one more update:
I made arrangements so that everyone in our group is getting in free including those of you that are bringing the kids making total passengers in your car 3+ people. They will have an area roped off for us to sit for 40 people in a section that we can see our cars in the Chalet area. If you need to leave at some point for any reason, not a problem, just find someone in charge of the Chalet area to help you get through the crowds, the cars just can not be moved during the peak times like the autograph sessions because there are way too many people walking around.

Meal Cards are available to us for $6 you get a choice of burger, hot dog or chicken sandwhich plus fries and drink.

For kids its $4 and they get a hotdog and drink

of course you are free to purchase from any of the vendors but I thought this would be a good idea and most likely cheaper. So if any of you are interested in this speak up, I need to let them know how many we will need because we need to pay for this in advance.

rrobello
06-09-2007, 12:49 AM
***ATTENTION***

I just found out that there is another group of Mustangs that are meeting up at the North County Fair Mall as well. They are not meeting at Sears but I dont want anyone to be confused. WE ARE MEETING AT SEARS! So dont go with the other group, and if you could please help spread the word or direct people that seem lost once there that would be great. Thanks.