PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Stanger's, I could use your help! Please Read

GirlzGT
04-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Recently a very close friend of mine, and fellow long time co-worker Brian Finn was diagnosed with Stage 4 gastro-esophageal cancer. This is the 2nd type of cancer he has had. The first was at the age of 25...which he beat. Now in his late 30s, cancer strikes again.... :(

At the end of June, we are holding a benefit for him. He has had to leave work, so his wife is the sole supporter of 3 kids. They need help! Not to mention the medical bills are going to start rolling in.

Obviously 99.9% of you wont be able to attend, however a credit card donation can still be made. from as little as $5 to whatever.

I normally do not do this, but then again, ive never had it happen so close to me. I am simply asking for any help you fellow stangers could provide. wether it just be a prayer, or a small $ donation, it would be GREATLY appreciated, more than you know.

To read more about Brian's story, and to make a donation, you can do so here... Make an Online Credit Card Donation (http://www.active.com/donate/brianfinnbenefit)

Click on home page for the local benefit info as well as other ways to donate.
Home page = Brian Finn Benefit (http://www.brianfinnbenefit.com)

THANK YOU!!!!

no1fordgirl
04-20-2007, 11:24 PM
I just donated.. it was a small amount, but wanted to give something. I lost my dad to cancer 5 years ago. He was 51. :( So I know what you all are going through. I hope he pulls through.

Take care!!
Tammy

GirlzGT
04-21-2007, 12:55 AM
Thank you SOOO Much for your generosity! what you call a small amount, could put food on the table for his 3 kids for a couple days.....seriously.
It really does mean alot to me!!

I am very sorry about your dad. :(

as for Brian, he is making slow progress....because the cancer was in his stomach and esphegus <sp> he wasnt able to eat at all because of the pain....so in with the feedng tube......just the other day he actually ATE...so things are looking up!