PDA

View Full Version : POSERS

StarDriver
04-04-2007, 07:34 AM
I just looked at the cars nominated for "BEST OF" for this month, there is a car nominated for Best Roush, that isn't even a ROUSH, the owner put a Roush badge on the side, SORRY, that doesn't make it real. The badge is the ONLY Roush part on the car.

IF you build a clone of a Roush,Saleen, Steeda etc, then say it is, don't say I have a REAL whatever and it's not. You only make yourself look like an ass and give the people who have real ones a bad name.

The admins here should start kicking people off this site if someone posts false info about their cars.

VP_96COBRA
04-04-2007, 08:33 AM
your so badass cause you have a roush. how the hell does it give you a bad name? do you think before you speak? :diss: :attention :dupe: :ranting:

yellowshaker04
04-04-2007, 02:20 PM
looks like they got more than just the badges to me. some pretty bad ass cars as well.

06Roush_St_3
04-04-2007, 02:27 PM
It's not a matter of being bad ass for having a ROUSH. It's a matter of people posing as they have something.

This goes back to the double standard of "You bought your car like that." Then why do people try to make their car look like a Roush, or Saleen when it's not? People don't want to give me credit for my car becuase I "bought" it, so then why should someone get credit for being a Roush when it's not. That seems much worse to me. At least my car has the mods I say, and I am noy lying about what the car is.

What's your beef with it anyway VP? It don't effect you, you aren't trying to be a poser.

GW269
04-04-2007, 05:10 PM
A poser is someone who says thier car is a Cobra "R" when in reality it is just a GT with a splitter and rear wing added. As far as bought vs built goes, some people have more money than talent or time so get off peoples ass when they have a kickass car that came with all the mods already put on.. SO tired of hearing this complaint. 06Roush_st3 is a very KICKASS car.

VP_96COBRA
04-04-2007, 05:12 PM
ok some stupid people said you bought as is "out of the box" i understand that you bought it as a package already assembled and respect/ would have liked that. but let those people talkthey are jealous but when you make fun of people who cant afford a fucking 70k car and do a few mods and put a symbol on there let them.... its because they wish they had your cars. you know how many fake cobras there are out there? with peices and parts from cobras? i look at it as they wish they had my car or something like my car. everyone dreams about having a roush or saleen but reality few can afford it. so i went with this and decided ill make it a 70k car over a few years dreaming/building up to a "fast" "flashy" "asskickin" car like the roush and saleen

StarDriver
04-04-2007, 06:42 PM
your so badass cause you have a roush. how the hell does it give you a bad name? do you think before you speak? :diss: :attention :dupe: :ranting:

What the fuck are you talking about? You have no idea of what I said or what you talking about.

I'm talking about a car that the owner says is a Roush BUT it doesn't have 1 Roush part on it except for 2 badges that can be bought off of ebay.

Get off your high horse asshole!

VP_96COBRA
04-04-2007, 08:04 PM
my horse is pretty low bout 1 1/2 inchs of the ground

VP_96COBRA
04-04-2007, 08:04 PM
thats good..... if you read what people write i.e. the judges they all say the same thing that you would win or it would be way better compition if you put more pics on your site. you have a bunch of exterior pics. and then a pic of your seats most judges look at interior, mods list, exterior, undercarraige, engine bay, trunk. how many of those do you have displayed with a all around pic? the exterior and thats it... oh and guess what thats where all the judges say you would have a point but fall short in the other catagories... not everyone one owns a roush not everyone knows what it has.. do you have a mods list of like what a stage 3 roush comes with? unless you typed it in invisible then no you didnt make a effort so yes turn off your jfo cause it will keep happening. you have a nice car but dont have a site to support it. and your right this isnt a real carshow its a site. so site rules and guidelines the judges are following whats put out. your right you would kick ass in a real car show. you would kick ass here too if you just took a couple more pics.

Roush8702
04-04-2007, 09:43 PM
I have to agree with StarDriver here,

I get asked at times if mines "real", mostly from ppl that dont know what a roush is. I dont think there is anything wrong with someone making a clone of a Roush, Saleen, Steeda etc. but I do think if your going to do this you SHOULD make it right by putting on at least some of the correct parts. With a Roush at the VERY least the front fascia, and side exhaust ( unless your cloning a R car ).

I definatly dont think it should have ever won Best Roush

96C. I think you might get a little upset if someone were to put a few snakes on the side and won Best Cobra, I might be wrong.

VP_96COBRA
04-04-2007, 09:49 PM
i see it all the time... even a ford dealership was selling a 2001 cobra and tried telling me it was supercharged. bet your ass turned them into the better business burrow cause it was bone stock and the 01 dont come with no supercharger. i understand where he is coming from. just like giving people shit. im an asshole what can i say. he would do better also if he just took some pics

06Roush_St_3
04-05-2007, 12:03 AM
StarDriver is not bitching about winning or losing JFO's. He is bitching about dumbasses nominating a car for Best Roush, but is not a Roush. That is the issue here. It has been an issue forever with the clones being made. My 98GT is built as a SALEEN, but I tell people it's NOT a SALEEN. I tell them I just liked the parts and installed them, then educate them on how to tell if it were real.

If people want to install Roush parts then cool. If they want to install Roush badging ok, they sell it. but DON'T call the car a Roush, SALEEN, Cobra, whatever. And don't nominate their ass for a trophy in a class they don't belong. I don't get nominated for GT in 2005-2007. The car is a GT, but it's a Roush so it's not a GT in my book.

Nominating a clone car to that specific class is like nominating a v-8 to v-6, or a coupe in the vert class. It just don't work.

I am glad I could get this car, and happy that people like it. I know I like it. I just wish the few people would get off my ass and judge the JFO's right. I would go after more cars if that were the case but it's not. Just look at the JFO of me against the Saleen.

02BlueStang
04-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Im going to have to agree with Star on this one....I just went and looked at the car in question and there is nothing roush on the car whatsoever...it is a nice car, lot of work done to it...but it in no way is even close to a Roush nor does it even somewhat resemble one...

I enjoy all Roush's Saleens Cobras or customs alike regardless if they were purchased like that or modified themselves...the fact that someone would be willing to pay for one means they enjoy the look and performance of the car or wish to acheive such a look or performance with their car by modifying it to resemble an authentic one...

I have always said that mine is a replica...and feel even bad saying that simply because it is only a V6...I would have liked to have done the complete body kit with the car but was unable to because it is my daily driver and the side pipes would hang too low...so I decided to clone a 360....or somewhat close to it...not perfect....

I think that a car claiming to be a replica should at least share the same/partial look of an authentic one....and Im sorry but badges, floor matts etc should not count into considering whether or not the car can be considered a replica...

IMO this is like talking apples and oranges about this car (It is a very nice stang though, just not a Roush/Roush Replica)

91GT347
04-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Maybe whoever nominated them didnt know it wasnt real. They didnt nominate themselves. I agree they shouldnt be in the Roush catagory if they arent real.Some people just dont know the difference. Honestly I dont know usually.I looked and still dont know which car your talking about.I have an idea,but I'm not positive. I never had interest in those types of cars(Roush,Saleen,Cobra,ect.),because I would want to change 99% of what makes them what they are. Shit,maybe it is a roush that has had everything changed.I doubt it,but maybe.lol Im just saying it was probably an accident by an unknowing individual. I think banning someone for false info is a little harsh.

GW269
04-06-2007, 03:23 PM
They should ban you 91.... :smack: LOL

VP_96COBRA
04-06-2007, 03:33 PM
i agree with gw f+ck you 91! >owned< :ban: :ban: :ban: :weakestli :weakestli :censored: :cussing: :cussing: :smack: :diss:

yosemiddysam
04-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Yeah get yer perc takin ass the hell outta here. But when ya leave ya have to come to San Diego to visit me and see if I am VP's baby daddy.

Nicoleb3x3
04-06-2007, 09:05 PM
I think I know what 91 is talking about...
you can't "change" a roush or saleen- and maybe even a cobra to an extent
those cars are already mean ass stangs which are built to be "perfectly mod'd" cars- why tamper with them?

a GT, LX or v6 on the other hand, allows someone to make their own special stang using their choice of parts in different areas etc etc

there's nothing wrong with either, however;
in the actual topic about replica's and clones- if all the "roush" parts are used...to the exact specs and all teh parts -it's an "unoffical" roush. same with a saleen- I've seen at least 2 true replica's saleens down to every part being authentic- and I respect that. -In those few rare cases when that happens (all parts upgraded to the proper part to make it that car...) then they should be able to compete against other roush's and saleens- but honestly how many "true" replica's are there? not many- that's for damn sure.

What I think of is the tour of the saleen plant- the plant worker's assembling the cars are no different that most back yard mechanics- so what makes a saleen a saleen other than the factory production number? that's valuable- but I beleive it's possible to build a true replica and I beleive those "few" deserve the respect.

- that said, I disagree to using a badge unless the car has every single part installed that would be installed on the claim.

Nicoleb3x3
04-06-2007, 09:12 PM
btw....I have "GT" on my side skirts...should I be banned?

VP_96COBRA
04-06-2007, 09:36 PM
im banning you as you speak! :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban:

:looney: :rofl: :dupe: :attention :thanks: :closed:

5.0literriceeater
04-28-2007, 10:04 PM
I agree with a litle bit of what everyone here says. I get it all the time with my car. My car is a gt, but if you dont really know what to look for you would think its a cobra. I have all the stuff on the outside (except the brakes). When I go to car shows I always get "thats a nice cobra". Every single time I make sure they know its not. And yes, I do kinda feel bad when I say it, but I also think it should be said.

I havent looked at this guys site, but if he doesnt come right out and say its a roush its probably not his fault someone nominated him. A ban is a little harsh for a situation like that, dont ya think?

VP_96COBRA
04-28-2007, 10:06 PM
i get that alot of times about mine too people thinking its a cobra

06Roush_St_3
04-28-2007, 11:56 PM
People think my car is a Roush all the time to... O' Wait it is... lol

I do have my old 98 GT built as a SALEEN Replica, The GF owns it now. People would ask me if it's real, or say nice SALEEN. I would take the time, usually, to explain it wasn't real and even show then the stickers and what was missing.

Saying you have a car that you don't have, or stating that your car is something it's not is purely a lame ass move. To build something as a replica on it's own is cool though.

yosemiddysam
04-29-2007, 04:24 AM
I absolutely hate badging a car for what it aint. If you take the time and money to make it whatever your trying to clone then by all means but to put all kinds of Cobra emblems or steeda or roush or sallen on a V-6 mustang ......then I have a serious problem. Us people that struggle to pay the car note for the Cobra, Saleen, Roush, Steeda stangs we have take pride in them and in no way shape or form should see an exact replica of our cars with a V-6 powering them. Nothing against the 6er crowd cause theres a few of em on here that kick as but for the most part when ya see these exterior mods they dont do shit with the engines and would get spanked by a honda civic. That makes us look bad and that part pisses me off. Like I said I dont care if they use all the parts and make it real but to just do the looks part and no performance to me is ricing out a stang.

VP_96COBRA
04-29-2007, 07:43 AM
fine fine i have a 96 cobra clone

UNCobra
04-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Well, this is an interesting discussion. Let's see, were do I fall into this category? I have a GT with ALL the parts of an 01 Cobra Except the airbag steering wheel cover, IRS, and...oh yeah, VIN. Let's see, most drag will remove the IRS for better hooking which leaves airbag and VIN. Well, I could spend a few hundred more and get the airbag but the VIN is a toughy...keeps my insurance lower!!! As for paying more for a Cobra...you can kiss my ass there! I could have went out and bought an 03/04 Cobra for what I've put into this car!!! Money wasn't the issue. I bought my 02 in 02 cause they didn't have a new Cobra that year. I traded in my 98 Black COBRA for this one. It was a bad ass car but I was driving from VB to Charleston almost every weekend (20yr old tail) and decided to go with a car with lower miles. GT's are nice but didn't replace my Cobra so started the process of making one out of it. I think I've earned ("You can't handle the Truth...") my Cobra Badge and feel that I should even be able to compete as BEST COBRA anytime!!! I think I've earned it in every way possible!!! HOWEVER, I do agree that throwing on a badge doesn't earn you the right. As for banning, that's a knee jerk reaction and I hate knee jerk reactions. I've seen them too much in my job. If a REAL Saleen or Roush (see, spelling it right now...must be my Porsche that causes me to screw up) can't beat a half-assed Replica then guess we have a problem Houston
Alan/UNCobra

VP_96COBRA
04-29-2007, 04:32 PM
well im proud of my clone... i think we shoudl ban nicole and alan

james/vp/vp_96cobra :)