PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, it's time to have more than 32 cars in a single tournament

Droptop2001GT
04-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Especially when people can put more than 1 of their own cars in the tournament. :ugh2: The tournaments need to be expanded to a field of 64 cars at a minimum.

Or, you could do something to change it up a little bit. There's too many more things we could be doing with this to just keep running the same 32 cars through every 3-4 weeks.

How about having tournaments where you're only voting on a certain aspect of a car, like appearance, engine, interior, stereo, etc?

How about a tournament filled with only V6 cars, or foxes, or convertibles, etc?

Anyone else have any ideas?

gunner_501
04-02-2007, 07:41 PM
I'm thinking that it wouldn't matter if you had 32 or 64 people because you would still have the same ones month after month .. i think the winners of the car show should be the ones in the tournament the following month .. like if you win best Gt in April then you would be allowed in the tournament for May if you wanted to be in it .. i don't know how many positions that would make but i'm sure it's more than 32 .. another possibility is that if you enter the tournament and win or lose you are not allowed to enter for like 60 or maybe 90 days to give others a chance .. well that's my .02 Ryan

Squid
04-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Or, you could do something to change it up a little bit. There's too many more things we could be doing with this to just keep running the same 32 cars through every 3-4 weeks.

How about having tournaments where you're only voting on a certain aspect of a car, like appearance, engine, interior, stereo, etc?

How about a tournament filled with only V6 cars, or foxes, or convertibles, etc?

Anyone else have any ideas?
Those are great ideas. I like them all.

I was thinking of the different aspect when I saw your blog. :goodbye:

YsOffcr
04-04-2007, 06:31 PM
There were a couple of Special tourneys held a long while ago, red vs white (candy cane tourney) and a black vs yellow (the bumble bee tourney). Those were the only two and they just stopped.

Droptop2001GT
04-05-2007, 12:34 PM
There were a couple of Special tourneys held a long while ago, red vs white (candy cane tourney) and a black vs yellow (the bumble bee tourney). Those were the only two and they just stopped.
We need some foxes only tournaments, some V-6s only tournaments, some convertibles only tournaments, some 05-and-up only tournaments, etc. Hell, a lot of these could even run at the same time.

Or, let's open up the regular tournaments to 128 people, or at least 64. C'mon J, make it happen!

91GT347
04-05-2007, 01:25 PM
all good ideas I think

AmericanMetal
10-21-2007, 10:31 PM
When does the tournament begin each month? By the time I get to it, the slots are filled, and I keep missing the start date.

boss91gt
10-22-2007, 10:39 AM
It varies but generally in the last part of the month. I have missed two of the last three as it fills up in only a couple of hours or less usually.

bucket
12-30-2007, 10:14 PM
i like all of those ideas, i think that you should also have all of the different tournys running at the same time, or atleast 2 or 3.
Brannon

Nicoleb3x3
01-02-2008, 06:16 PM
I think J should just build a framework and allow someone to take over tournement creations- sort of how different people manage the member of the month and UFO's and Trivia. This would allow that person to make up different tounement events based on criteria they set up.

I also like the idea that if you've won a tourney, you can't enter another one for 30 or 60 days -or at least enter in a tourney of the same "kind" like if more "red vs white" or best engine builder tournements start happening then it would only prevent them from entering that particular "type"

gunner_501
01-02-2008, 09:08 PM
We all mostly agree on the same thing so I'm wondering what J's thoughts are on this

HerNastyNotch
01-03-2008, 08:39 AM
i am 100% in agreement.

crimsonblack
01-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Yeah. A best ass under 35 competition sounds about right. J/K... lol

They all sound like good ideas.

crimsonblack
01-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Some nice Tournament winner banners need to be created or a bigger trophy for the winners.

A Tournament Winners Wall.
Banners for posting around the site to feature the months tourney champ(s)
Set dates when a tournament will take entries.
Approval of Entries from whomever handles them...

Tournaments
Black & White Tourney (Ballroom Tourney)
Odd Paint Tourney (colors like green, orange, multi-paint, blue, etc.)
Candy CaneTourney
Engine Tourney
Interior Tourney
Exterior Tourney
Fan Favorite Tourney - (members vote other members into the tourney)
Classification Tourney - (Stock only, Moderate, Lite mod, etc)
Fox Tourney
SN95 Tourney
SN197 Tourney
Gen 1/Gen 2 Tourney
Red Tourney
White Tourney
Yellow Tourney
Mach 1 Tourney
GT Tourney
Roush vs Saleen Tourney (clones included)
Two on Two Tourney (Two car team tourney)
Halloween Tourney (black, white, and orange)
Firehouse Tourney (red, yellow and white)
Gen 5 tourney
Gen vs Gen tourney
Winners tourney (Grand tournament where only previous winners compete)
And whatever else someone thinks up.
V6 Tourney
Cobra Tourney
Monster Tourney (128 car set-up)

bucket
01-03-2008, 06:59 PM
add a V6 tourney to that list and also a cobra tourney.

gunner_501
01-03-2008, 10:10 PM
That's a damn nice list Crimson

J
01-04-2008, 11:00 AM
I will be building this... HerNastyNotch will be able to create tournies ON DEMAND through an admin interface...

She will be able to decide

Year of stangs allowed to enter
Class of stangs allowed to enter
Color of stangs allowed to enter
Amount of stangs allowed to enter
Gender of owner of stangs allowed to enter
How much each round is worth
How long each round lasts
Who cannot enter in the tourny (previous winner)

Please add to this list.

Coding starts Saturday

crimsonblack
01-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Will there be some option she can use for say... two car teams in a tournament? That would be cool. They could be teamed up randomly. A... "doubles" tournament so to speak.

How about a winners room for the "winners" of course. You could even feature the guy who has been in the main event the most and never won. he/she could be the top competitor.

J
01-04-2008, 05:52 PM
We should do Team faceoffs first :) not gotstang teams but me and you vs you and your buddy

crimsonblack
01-04-2008, 09:50 PM
I agree. No big team crap. Just two on two or three on three stuff.

gunner_501
01-05-2008, 10:13 AM
This sounds like it's going to be fun

crimsonblack
01-05-2008, 12:12 PM
It could be neat. I still think some winners banners for peeps sites would be cool and maybe something for the winners room like a fake plaque on a wall.

I might work on something. Hmmmm... Juices are flowing. Dammit, right down my leg too - crap.

crimsonblack
01-05-2008, 01:03 PM
A winners banner - something like this...

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z171/panama013/Sample_Tourn_winnerJPG.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z171/panama013/Sample_Tourn_winner2JPG.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z171/panama013/Sample_Tourn_winner3JPG.jpg

HerNastyNotch
01-05-2008, 09:43 PM
thass hawt timmy