PDA

View Full Version : Chip

Fastest302
12-29-2004, 09:34 PM
i want to by a chip but i cant chosse which one i shouwld get. I either want the diablo or the Superchip. Anybody got a suggestions. :attention

NoSlo5.0
12-29-2004, 10:50 PM
I use a Tweecer. If you're running it on a Fox, you'd get the hang of it in no time. A chip is a one time deal, unless you want to pay to have it re-burned. The Tweecer lets you add mod after mod, at your own pace. Similar to the EEC tuner, only easier to use IMO.

Fastest302
12-30-2004, 08:15 AM
Thnaks man do u kno where i can get one for my car!

NoSlo5.0
12-30-2004, 10:21 AM
Here's some stuff to check out, it's a support board. Some people have figured out how to use the thing better than others and will share their tech knowledge.

http://tweecer.oplnk.net/

Here's where you could go to learn how to buy one...

http://www.tweecer.com/

I love the thing, it holds four programs. I got rid of the shift timing retard, advanced my timing without having to turn the dizzy, that way all the low rpm timing stays optimal while WOT gets the advance it needs for max power. I run 30lb injectors with a MAF calibrated for 24's. Using a wideband kit, I tweaked my a/f ratio to be 13:1 at WOT. You can properly adjust idle rpm instead of dorking up the factory TB settings, so the car can carry a big cam without "issues". I'm sure I've tweaked more than that, but those are the big hitters from what I can recall without looking.

Fastest302
12-30-2004, 11:24 AM
Thanks man im lookin forward into getting one for my stang.

Roush2960
12-30-2004, 12:33 PM
SUPERCHIPS......Diablo SUCKS. How that for a suggestion.

My reasoning...Start to tune the car for the KB install. Went through "5" chips (Yes five ) and one car computer. Switch to SCT and was done and running in 5 try's. Thats 5 chip loads and I was on the street running the car. The 5 Diablo chip took a month and a half to figure it out that they just SUCK and caused my computer to fail.

The SCT software has been solid and reliable. Their software is by far a better tunners software.

./M@

04redmach1
12-30-2004, 12:37 PM
Im a SCT dealer for that reason Roush. Its a better program all together.

NoSlo5.0
12-30-2004, 01:30 PM
The A9L family of processors found in Fox stangs are a lot simpler than the latest breed of OBD-II stuff. For that matter, my CBAZA stuff is much simpler too.

Fastest302 has a Fox, not a new edge, he would be much better off doing his own tuning with a Tweecer. There aren't going to be any "blown computers" or "bad" chips using a tweecer. Just learn the ropes and there's no limit to what can eventually be accomplished. He could even go to a dyno tune with someone familiar with the software and get the best results. Don't fear the unknown...

Fastest302
12-30-2004, 02:00 PM
yea im sticking with what NoSlo5.0 says. i was looking at it and im thinking of buying it!