PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO I BRAKE/REMOVE TAC WELDS

spiffy
12-28-2004, 01:52 PM
im trying to remove my tail light harness but its taced to the rear of the qaurter pannels and a few other spots how do i remove it correctly? if any one know i would be a huge help i can take pics if needed :thanks: :gso:

Joe Friday
12-28-2004, 03:53 PM
pics woule be appriciated, if they are what I'm thinking of you can just drill them out.

thunderbolt64
12-28-2004, 04:50 PM
drill or grind them off.........the harness is tacked welded on?

Hmongstang
12-28-2004, 05:10 PM
grind it off

232stang
12-28-2004, 05:19 PM
just drill them off

spiffy
12-28-2004, 05:23 PM
great this is great i love the people on this site :gso: yeah i acualy thought of drilling or ginding and thankfuly i have a drill lust need bits now but ill take pic just so u guys can confirm :thanks: :gso:

My Cobra
12-28-2004, 05:24 PM
why would that be taced on there?

AcidKoolz
12-28-2004, 05:44 PM
why would that be taced on there?
That is what i was wondering. Why would a harness be tack welded on? That makes no sense, that's why I didn't reply, I don't want it to be my fault if he fucks something up, lol. :thumpupn:

spiffy
12-29-2004, 11:17 AM
why would that be taced on there? i didnt check arond the entire area yet but so far thats all i see holding it together if u where to remove the right taillight on my style of stang and u look at the right corner once it is remover u will notice that the sheet metal has 3 or 4 circular indentations i beleve thos e are tacl welds.. if u look in side the trunk once the trim is removed u will notice a few more and if u look belowthe wireing harness u will see what i think is a type of rubber or something and there are tack welds to ether side u should see depending on how much rubber stuff is there

spiffy
12-29-2004, 11:20 AM
That is what i was wondering. Why would a harness be tack welded on? That makes no sense, that's why I didn't reply, I don't want it to be my fault if he fucks something up, lol. :thumpupn: well i was just asking for suggestions and witch ever was the best is what i would go with i would not just blindly go with a suggestion anyway so i ts not likely i would have screwd up from one suggestion

Roush2960
12-29-2004, 11:24 AM
I would be suprised to see the harness tacked to the body. Espically since I have never even heard of that being done. GET PICS of it- PLEASE.

Your harness should be sectionalized. I tore mine half apart when I did the sequientials.

Grinding off the tack weld with a dremel would be that best way to remove it.

./M@

spiffy
12-29-2004, 11:33 AM
I would be suprised to see the harness tacked to the body. Espically since I have never even heard of that being done. GET PICS of it- PLEASE.

Your harness should be sectionalized. I tore mine half apart when I did the sequientials.

Grinding off the tack weld with a dremel would be that best way to remove it.

./M@ that is exactly what i thought when i looked in the trunk woth my trim off but once i took off my lights it apeared to b e tacked i amy be wrong and if so i have no prob with that if i gain more knowledge from i t adn yeah ill have pics soone i cant do it now because i am not at home :thanks:

spiffy
12-31-2004, 12:27 PM
ok here are some pics in one pic im pointing to what i think are the tack/spot welds also i found some small bolts near the bottom with i will remove even tho im no sure what they are for and there is a pic of what im guessing is some type of sealent not sure what its made of and anouther is of a spot that i think was bent in the crash but is still held together but a spot/tack weld
http://www.gotstang.com/photodisplay.php?file=937
http://www.gotstang.com/photodisplay.php?file=938
http://www.gotstang.com/photodisplay.php?file=940
http://www.gotstang.com/photodisplay.php?file=943
:thanks: :gso:

Roush2960
12-31-2004, 03:33 PM
I remember when I did mine that there is a bolt theat is ..Glued in connecting the tail light assemly to the car frame/body. I just had to tap it with a hammer and it came loose.

./M@

spiffy
01-01-2005, 05:09 PM
I remember when I did mine that there is a bolt theat is ..Glued in connecting the tail light assemly to the car frame/body. I just had to tap it with a hammer and it came loose.

./M@MUAHAHAHAHA! THANKS A BILLION!
:thanks: :gso: :thanks: