PDA

View Full Version : Intake

Fastest302
12-27-2004, 07:37 PM
Man guys i put a new Cold air intake in my stang. Then after a few days it started to make a popping noise so then i took out the intake and it got better but was still the same way. I took it to Ford and they said it was my Mass air flow sensor was screwed up. I just want to kno what kind of intake should i put on my 1990 Mustang amd if i put one in what mods to i have to do. Let me kno!

My Cobra
12-27-2004, 07:58 PM
should not be that hard. most peopel relocate them to there finderwell anyway. There is one out that is a lot better than the FIPK. I ordereed one the other day spose to pick up like 4 hp more than the FIPK i will post web site addy later and you can also get it painted to match your car.

Fastest302
12-27-2004, 08:00 PM
Yea the intake i had before screw up my sensor so i had to buy anew sensor and cost me 450

NoSlo5.0
12-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Yea the intake i had before screw up my sensor so i had to buy anew sensor and cost me 450

Holy crap man, you should have bought any performance aftermarket meter instead. I don't think you'd have spent much over $200.

My Cobra
12-27-2004, 10:39 PM
yea that is what i am saying lol. Let me guess you went in to ford told them you had a problem with that pipe that goes in to your car and they ordered you everythign they could and told you that you had to have it? Find a car repair place and stick with it. Make sure you stick with it they will cut you deals all the time on parts and labor and they will do a good job on your stuff cause they know you will come back. That is what i did. go around and find a place where the mechanics like your car. I found a place where the guy has 3 stangs all running from mid 9's to 12's in the 1/4. he loves my stang and takes care of me when i show up. Or if ya want you can turn your own wrenches and get it done that way. before you buy anything i woudl come on here and ask people what they think it will cost and everything you need to know about it.

Fastest302
12-28-2004, 01:51 PM
Nah it really was the mass air flow sensor for my car and they only ordered was the sensor but my dad friend works at the ford dealer and he hooked me up so it didnt pay for the labor only for the part to install it. I didnt tell them i had the intake on it. My dad told his friend and he said that could of been the problem. DO u think i can get a BBk COld AIr Intake of rmy car with the mass air flow sensor installed into itfor my stang. Let me kno.

AcidKoolz
12-28-2004, 02:59 PM
maybe the sensor just needed cleaning. Sometimes if you touch it while installing the cai, then it will get fingerprints and not read correctly. Oh well, too late for that. I got my cai from www.mustangtuning.com and i have had no problems at all.

Fastest302
12-28-2004, 03:50 PM
Maybe it was that im gonna buy the bbk cold air intake and see or the k&n intake!

FastRedPonyCar
01-18-2005, 05:41 PM
the bbk is worthless. The k&n is marginally better. you'd be better off just going to lowes and buying some pvc plumbing and making your own like I did. The filter is what's important. Slap a K&N on the end of it and if you can make the tube as straight as possible. Ideally, you'd want it go go striaight out of the throttle body across to a hole in the fender. you'd have to bust out the dremel for that one though.

Fastest302
01-19-2005, 01:23 PM
Thats a pretty good i dea, but i want to get a nice chrome pipe to go with my motor though.

Js281GT
01-19-2005, 01:40 PM
Ya bbk's suck. I dont even think you can upgrade the mass-air on them. I just don't think they fit. That is why I sold mine.

Fastest302
01-19-2005, 05:27 PM
Nah it fits i had one on mine before but it didnt have the mass air flow sensor on it which u can get it for 89 and up mustangs!