PDA

View Full Version : Great Flick Where You Last Expect It

Nicoleb3x3
10-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Everyone knows sequals suck for the most part...

and The Fast & The Furious would be the last movie you'd think would have a 3rd sequal with any buget left to be any good or even worth watching...
...so I thought anyways.

J and I watched Tokyo Drift and I was surprised as hell!

got to see it if you can or havent already;
the ending was great, and I'm not going to give away too much -just go watch it

stangracer44t
10-03-2006, 02:13 AM
i bought it thursday and watched it that night. Great movie

RedTwilight
10-03-2006, 06:32 AM
I agree! A good movie. F&F sequels seem to be better than the first movie. And this one had alot more racing than the second.
If anyone wants to see another good drifting movie check out the Initial D movie. Great movie and excelent shots of not only the racing but also the foot work.

2006GT500
10-05-2006, 08:40 AM
The driving in the movie was alright, but putting a Skyline motor in a '68 Fastback is a just wrong.

crimsonblack
10-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Have to agree it was a pretty good flick. Even the dual turbo charged V6 (foreign) job stuck into the Mustang was a pretty hot egine. I was surprised.

ClintEastwood
10-06-2006, 11:02 PM
As a mustang lover, I refuse to watch this movie.

02BlueStang
10-07-2006, 03:33 AM
I thought it sucked....yea the cars were cool....until you looked at the stats...."DK" had the 350Z Twin Turboed and the car could barely do 14.4 in the quarter...thats ridiculous...the custom 240SX was pretty cool though.....The Skyline engine in the stang was ridiculous though....

I will say it was better than I thought it would be...DEF wont buy it though...first and second were worlds better

My Cobra
10-07-2006, 07:41 AM
The driving in the movie was alright, but putting a Skyline motor in a '68 Fastback is a just wrong.

X2

I saw the movie i thoguth it was ok but to me they are getting farther and farther away from what i would like to see (Real drag racing)

lxexpress
10-12-2006, 06:01 PM
skyline motor in a mustang?????????? i just heard enough..... :bs: i wont be watching it...

J
10-12-2006, 06:32 PM
I liked it.

If your comparing it to the first one.. lol the 1/4 mile race ended up being 5 miles long.. what a joke.

sublime302
10-12-2006, 07:17 PM
lol... i wish they would make a "fast and the furious" movie that had all mustangs and muscle cars... thats what would make alot of cash at the box office.. right?

05Classic
10-13-2006, 10:45 AM
lol... i wish they would make a "fast and the furious" movie that had all mustangs and muscle cars... thats what would make alot of cash at the box office.. right?

I agree. The next movie should be called The Fast and The Furious: American Muscle.

Nicoleb3x3
10-13-2006, 11:42 AM
yes, what we wouldn't give to see a muscle car movie...
...maybe one day they'll get smart

for now we can only watch FF as the clost thing to mod'd street cars as the main subject matter.

let's face it, it's hard to make a good movie about street racing so there's isn't many movie's out there. I can just hope the money made on FF so far, will clue hollywood into making a 'real' street racing movie with stangs and other muscle cars.

as far as the crazy engine swap into the stang at the end...I was just greatful to see a stang in the movie period, especially as an important part of it. -you got to remember what kind of movie you're watching to start with :)

AmericanMetal
10-17-2006, 05:53 PM
I was kinda hoping to see more wrench-turning, part-acquiring, "the making of" the cars, but the racing footage was interesting... I don't like it when a movie spends too long with bogus romances and silly dialogue - this cuts to the chase!

I have to admit that I don't really understand the advantage of drifting. Why go from A to B all sideways, tearing up three sets of tires and damaging the suspension, when you can get there faster by pointing the car straight? True, there's going to be some skidding involved on a winding mountain road, but the whole course doesn't need to be covered in near-rollover mode on purpose. Unless my uncle had wads of money, and I liked tearing up cars more than going fast... then it'd be fun to risk, like, dying! :) But they don't seem to get up to really high speeds.

AmericanMetal
10-17-2006, 05:57 PM
I agree. The next movie should be called The Fast and The Furious: American Muscle.

Oh hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! Like Pinks only with more money to sink into the cars. What could be more fun on the big screen than truly LOUD exhausts, throbbing V8's, wide tires leaving smoky trails and the jet engine screaming of several dozen superchargers!

skispony
10-21-2006, 07:01 PM
personally i think the movie kicked ass! if i wasn't a true car guy i wouldn't like the cars in the movie. all cars are good and i can appreciate any work people put into them to make them there own. well back to the movie by far the best one yet. i am glad that paul walker was not in the movie that guy couldn't act his way out of a paper bag. the mustang was also very cool pretty origional thinking if you ask me they used what they had available. that is what this hobby of ours is all about. customizing our rides are making them ours. sorry about the rant.