PDA

View Full Version : Site Owner?

powermelissa
09-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Hi, everyone! I was wondering if anyone could put me in touch the owner (or one of the owners) of the site. We are interested in working with the site on some really cool technology we're developing. I can be reached at mlawrence@gopowertv.com. Thanks!

J
09-15-2006, 08:42 PM
j@gotstang.com, I have no money.

02BlueStang
09-16-2006, 02:49 AM
I have no money.....:rofl: hahahahahaha

sublime302
09-17-2006, 02:20 AM
lol poor J.. created a kickass site.. and is broke.. lol

powermelissa
09-18-2006, 11:47 AM
That's ok, because the program we're offering is free! I'll email the details!

Frosty
09-19-2006, 12:04 PM
Free is good.

HerNastyNotch
09-19-2006, 01:39 PM
so whats up with this J??? huh??? inquiring minds, ya know!

powermelissa
09-19-2006, 02:53 PM
We are in the process of developing a new video technology that would be perfect for this community. It basically brings cutting edge video sharing, you-tube.com like technology and features to your users, and can provide a revenue stream on top of that.

Here's the official press release:

September 11th, 2006
powerTV to create online video and television network -- to allow any motorsport website or company to create own channel

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA – SEPTEMBER 8, 2006 - powerTV Media announced today the planned release of the powerTV media platform – an online video network which will allow any automotive website or company to create their own fully featured, branded TV channel to distribute video content directly to consumers. The powerTV network will include hundreds of channels in the performance enthusiast markets – automotive, truck, marine, and motorcycle.

powerTV's technology is built on a network television model adapted to the internet. powerTV’s media platform allows channels to broadcast both professionally produced video (featured video), as well as user-generated and uploaded video (user video), with two distinctly unique user experiences. Channels can choose to incorporate either type of video content, or both, in a fully integrated manner.

powerTV’s media video application, fully hosted on their servers, will allow the company to broadcast official powerTV channels (i.e., NMRA TV), third party channels, and manufacturer branded channels—complete with full syndication capability. Any two channels will be able to share content using the syndication tools, and video can be shared outside the network by embedding players or individual video’s in users myspace pages, forum posts, blogs, and web pages.

“The power behind the powerTV network is that it was assembled with the latest social networking, search, and viral video technology available”
“The power behind the powerTV network is that it was assembled with the latest social networking, search, and viral video technology available,” said James Lawrence, powerTV’s President and CEO. “Users within the network can have their own fully customized user profile. They can watch professionally produced content, watch and upload their own user videos just like YouTube, comment on video, rate them, and share them. All viewers on the powerTV channels even get a user reputation, just like eBay, earned based on the number of videos watched, commented on, and uploaded. It will be a great way to display your status within the powerTV motorsport community.”

Any website, publisher, or company within the motorsport industry looking to add video content to their website, or that wants to allow their community of users to upload or share videos, will be a perfect fit for the powerTV media platform. “Each channel can be fully branded with a custom skin -- including fonts, colors, backgrounds, and header graphics,” explains Kevin McIntosh, Digital Technology Manager. “Using the moderation tools, you will have full control over the video content. And we’ve made it easy for you to get your forum users involved in watching, sharing, and uploading videos to your channel.”

powerTV’s service is available in two flavors: free and enhanced. Free service is available to any performance enthusiast websites, content producers, publishers, or communities that would like to broadcast and share video content, at no cost to them. powerTV will provide the technology, servers, backup, hosting, and bandwidth at no cost, and will be responsible for advertising sales. Free channels will have the opportunity to earn revenue sharing through this service. With enhanced service, powerTV will offer the entire service on a licensing model to websites and companies who want to sell their own ad inventory, or who want to launch a branded channel with no advertising at all.

powerTV’s media platform will launch in beta form in November 2006, with a full gold launch of version 1.0 in December 2006. Online communities or companies interested in participating in the beta launch of the powerTV video network can e-mailcontact@powertvmedia.com for more information.

About powerTV Media, LLC.
powerTV is a digital media company that broadcasts video and television online in the performance industry. For viewers, powerTV offers video content targeted to car, truck, marine, and motorcycle enthusiasts. For advertisers, powerTV offers a powerful online marketing solution via online advertising, branded channels, and viral marketing.