PDA

View Full Version : "FWD IS BETTER THAN RWD"

Nay
09-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Okay guys. I've been in the Automotive MySpace Chats for.. about an hour now. Half of it was spent arguing with this kid about how his Honda engine is nothing compared to what my car came stock with. However, he used the "Domestics Suck" routine, and told me that FWD is better? WTF?

HEre's the last bit of the convo. You'll have yourself a good laugh.

steelfalcon29
09-11-2006, 12:11 PM
LOL.....That's funny.

drgnracin72
09-11-2006, 01:02 PM
some people just dont understand simple phyisics i guess. what a dumbshit. he deserves to have his car shit on

HerNastyNotch
09-11-2006, 01:23 PM
no sense arguing with people like that. let them believe what they want.

StarDriver
09-11-2006, 06:54 PM
no sense arguing with people like that. let them believe what they want.

Those people think those little cars are the greatest thing ever built, if they had real horsepower, they'd know which wheels need to be driven.

Look at the pic below, if you like it, check out www.kockyproducts.com

Nay
09-11-2006, 08:36 PM
My fiance and I just ordered two "Torque Happens (unless you drive a Honda)" shirts. LMFAO.

Good find.

J
09-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Ask em to post timeslips :)

01FR500
09-11-2006, 11:20 PM
Yeah, I never beleive an import driver. I have a friend that drives a Honda Civic SI he said he dynoed it at 132 FWHP and about the same torque but then he claimed he ran a 14.2 in the quarter. I don't even know if that is possible by the laws of physics. I never saw a timeslip.

02BlueStang
09-11-2006, 11:40 PM
im pretty sure his moms minivan cant pull on you....I hate those online discussion forums...only 1 in every 100 members actually own the car they are talking about

02BlueStang
09-11-2006, 11:40 PM
and Im tired of people makin fun of hondas......they make really good lawnmowers :rofl:

HerNastyNotch
09-12-2006, 06:30 AM
and dirt bikes!

StarDriver
09-12-2006, 10:28 PM
You can tell them that when a 2 liter of Soda is bigger than their engine, they need to stay home. :weakestli

GirlzGT
09-14-2006, 08:19 AM
I have to tell you....I have a new found respect for imports...(not rice), but nicely done ones. A good friend has a 94 honda civic, 4 door. it came stock with something like 96 hp....I helped him put a T3 turbo on the car, for VERY cheap, and hes pulling about 170hp to the wheels. it dont sound like much, but in a small car, its freaking fantastic!! It pulls hard, and in my honest opinion will rape any stock v6 mustang....straight power to weight....I raced him in my GT and he hung for a little bit....i said a "little" bit lol....not great on the low end, but the top end is crazy when he hits that 7 lbs of boost. with a few more small mods...he could easily hang with a stock GT...and keep in mind, its a 1.5 litre, NON v-tec....its one of the slowest around lol.....so now you take this same turbo set up, slap it on a newer civic with a 1.6 v-tec and your puttin down over 200 to the wheels.....you would be amazed at what can be accomplised in these little hondas, and maintain great gas mileage. the best part about his car is....you would NEVER see it coming. Just be careful that you know what your talking about....
i found out first hand what terrors these little cars can be with little invested.

PS: dont get me wrong....i think the guy your talking to is a tool lol...but in general....anything is possible.
Heck, my daily driver is an 04 nissan maxima...3.5L 6 banger, and it puts out 265 hp....yes, 265...thats MORE than what any stock GT is putting out (except 05+).....and it is automatic, with the option to shift....so its both....cars are built alot different these days.

Nay
09-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Oh, I'm well aware what those little Hondas can do. My fiance [before the new stang] had a 92 Civic hatch with a B18B swap. Ported heads, bigger throttle body, lighter flywheel and CAI were all the engine mods, but the thing was [as we realize now..] easily ready for AutoX.

It accelerated fast as hell against my stang, but once the power kicked in, he was done.

GirlzGT
09-14-2006, 02:17 PM
b18b is a good swap....but turbos ftw. like i said, my buddies D15B7 mostly stock with a turbo is puttin down 170ish to the wheels. an 05 V6 mustang stock only has 210 at the crank.....so thats about 180ish to the wheels. add in the power to weight ratio and that little honda will take any stock v6....

oh well....not trying to be an ass....you just cant trust those sneaky little hondas....they can surprise you LOL

psyfire
09-15-2006, 01:46 AM
Yeah, I never beleive an import driver. I have a friend that drives a Honda Civic SI he said he dynoed it at 132 FWHP and about the same torque but then he claimed he ran a 14.2 in the quarter. I don't even know if that is possible by the laws of physics. I never saw a timeslip.

that can be easily explained.....

he cut the car in half and ran it down the strip!!! lmao

StarDriver
09-18-2006, 11:21 PM
Even Einstein knows.