PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a Lawyer...

mustanggrl00
08-31-2006, 04:13 AM
Hey everyone from the Hampton Roads area!!

I have kind of a strange question for you all.... do any of you know any lawyers, or know of where I can talk to a lawyer.. or any of you lawyers yourself?! I have never dealt with lawyers before, but I have some questions I would like to ask one... off the books.. no file opened... nothing.. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for some questions and questions only. I think I am being drug around by a company I am dealing with and just would like to know if I have a leg to stand on if I go in fighting. I'm trying to find a lawyer to talk to because of their knowledge of the VA laws (which to me, change about every day)

If ANYONE can help or point me in the right direction.. please lemme know.. THANKS SO MUCH!

Sexi_Lil_Stang04
08-31-2006, 05:25 AM
Wish I could help ya in the situation but unfortunately I don't know of anyone.. I wish you the best of luck!

crimsonblack
08-31-2006, 07:39 AM
Visiting a lawyer to discuss an issue costs about $100 per hour. You can call any lawyer and they can tell you what type of lawyer you need to discuss your problem with and maybe suggest a good lawyer for you.

mustanggrl00
09-01-2006, 12:31 PM
$100 even to just ask them a question... ouch... I just need to know if something is legal in this state or not.. I think I am being screwed by the car dealership.. AGAIN!

05Classic
09-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Being that you are military you should be able to talk to you legal office on base for free.

mustanggrl00
09-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Yeah..well it's my husband thats in the navy.. but anyway.. I have heard that by one other person that I can go to JAG and talk to them.. but my husband doesn't know anything about it and seems to not really want to get involved with all of this mess... so I am in this alone.. I could still talk to them, can't i?

wildthing
09-02-2006, 08:24 AM
you can call consumer affiars if you think you have been ripped off. i travel through va. and on interstate 81 they have a bill board up advertise this. they should be able to answer your question at no cost.

mustanggrl00
09-02-2006, 09:44 AM
hmmmm.. I also thought about the automobile dealer association down here.. I just feel that I paid $400 for something I didn't need to.. they agreed one day and was going to send me a check.. then the next they were "investigating" because they said I really did have to pay it. Everytime I call..they avoid me.. and no one calls me back.. I just want to make sure I am fighting for what I should be.

Fastest302
09-02-2006, 09:48 AM
i would fight it.. 400.00 is hard working money..

blueponygirl
09-02-2006, 11:03 AM
you can still seek help with JAG-- there should be a legal office at the base, and yes family members can talk to legal. They might not know specifically about a car issue but can point you in the right direction, and its FREE!!! I would just call the base information line to get the phone number.

mustanggrl00
09-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Hey thanks.. I might have to check that out... this whole car thing has been crazy and would like to see if I can recoupe some of my money lost aside from the $400.. I have spent well over $3000 just to get it legal and get a plate on it!!