PDA

View Full Version : Pride for Ride for the 9/11

Drkblu02Gt
08-18-2006, 04:15 PM
If anyone would like to come please more the better...

When: Saturday, September 9, 2006. The Ride will depart at 2PM. Some of us will arrive around noon to chat, detail cars, etc. Please make your plans so you arrive at the staging area no later than 1:30PM. Once on the Beltway, the cruise will take roughly 1.5 to 2 hours to complete, and cover a distance of about 80 miles. Please make sure you have enough gas before you arrive.

Staging area: Cameron Run Regional Park, 4001 Eisenhower Ave., Alexandria, Virginia. I decided on this location because of it's easy access to the Beltway(495/I95N). Last years ride was broken up badly as we passed through 'Old Town' Alexandria, and with the current construction ongoing at the Wilson Bridge, Cameron Run seems a logical choice. http://www.nvrpa.org/cameron.html

Directions to Cameron Run: To reach Cameron Run from the Beltway (I-95), take exit 174 Eisenhower Avenue Connector and turn right on Eisenhower Ave. Continue 1/2 mile to the park on the left.

Vehicle requirement: Any American muscle car, sports car, hot rod.

If you want, bring an American flag to fly from your vehicle, or something to put on your vehicle that shows what the ride is for, or something to say hello and give support to our troops, etc.

Also, lets get lots of pictures and video, maybe we could put the videos on DVD/CD/VHS and send it as part of a 'care package' to a relative/friend/unit serving abroad; reference the 'Moto Mail' thread posted in the Lounge, it is stickied up top so it's easy to find.

If you post on other boards and would like to help spread the word, by all means go for it. Lets make this a big turn-out, so no one will doubt that the American muscle car enthusiast remembers 9/11.