PDA

View Full Version : Chest pains

Badrad1
08-17-2006, 02:08 PM
my 91 vert while driving starts acting like its dropped a cylinder or two, but if I turn the car on and off real quick it goes back to normal. I've changed the map sensor, tps, plugs, wires, and distibutor. Any suggestions before I pull this piece of s**t out and get another motor?

5.0literriceeater
08-19-2006, 03:54 PM
if it goes back its probably not the engine. I wouldnt pull it just to solve your prob. Its definitely a sensor somewhere because it resets itself when you turn off the ignition. Guess what! if it is and you put a new engine in it, its gonna do the same thing!

Hmmm... got me thinking. Try replacing the ignition module on the distributor if you can.

Badrad1
09-07-2006, 09:50 AM
thanks for your advice, please keep it coming, I just got the ignition module, so I will see if that is it tonite. Thanks again and please stay tuned, I'm sure I will need you again.

yosemiddysam
09-07-2006, 09:31 PM
could be the ignition switch inside the car also. Ya never know. I had one do that to me. Instead of turning it off just wiggle the keys around. If it helps then thats it.

91GT347
09-11-2006, 08:32 AM
Mine does the exact same thing. I think mine is the switch inside the car though. I noticed the key doesnt come all the way back after starting anymore too. You new distributor didnt come with a new module ?