PDA

View Full Version : QUICK help...76mm mass air and cold air kit

projectfiveo
08-08-2006, 10:44 AM
ok i have a c&l 76mm mass air meter ordered for my 19lbers...well i was just told that i cant use my already installed cold air fender mount with it??? cause of the bend in the tube, they said it will cause rough idle and wont run right and i would loose power...so do any of you have this same setup?? they told me the only way i could use it is if i used my factory air box with the silencer removed...which i sold when i bought the cold air kit.

MustangCRZY302
08-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Im pretty sure you can use the fender well mount tube, you just can't use the new MAF sensor with the Stock Injectors. the MAF and the injectors are tuned for each other. If you want, I have a trick that I did on my car before I put the Vortech on it.;)

boss91gt
11-18-2006, 07:15 PM
I had the C&L 76mm MAF with a Moroso cold air intake before I put the blower on. No problems at all. As long as the MAF is for the 19lb injectors you will be fine. With the C&L you can upgrade for bigger injectors by replacing the sensor for about $25.

YsOffcr
11-19-2006, 10:41 PM
There are two types of tuning for most MAFs. One for a cold air set up and one without. If you have one that is not cailbrated for a fenderwell CAI set up then you will probably have idle issues and it might even lean out under full throttle. There are two options for this, you can get a bigger filter and mount it in the engine bay or get the JLT CAI. I have a 73mm Pro-m callibrated for the fenderwell set up, the Mac CAI. I got the JLT and since the JLT moves the MAF before the the elbow I had idle issues, and when it was on the Dyno it leaned out at the upper RPMs.

YsOffcr
11-19-2006, 10:44 PM
Oops..Just saw the original date of this thread.