PDA

View Full Version : Quick help....76 mm mass air with cold air kit

projectfiveo
08-08-2006, 10:43 AM
ok i have a c&l 76mm mass air meter ordered for my 19lbers...well i was just told that i cant use my already installed cold air fender mount with it??? cause of the bend in the tube, they said it will cause rough idle and wont run right and i would loose power...so do any of you have this same setup?? they told me the only way i could use it is if i used my factory air box with the silencer removed...which i sold when i bought the cold air kit.

YsOffcr
08-09-2006, 12:47 PM
I have a Pro-M which has been calibrated for a CAI, then I put it on the JLT CAI which moves the meter to the end of the tube into the fenderwell. This new setup puts the air filter on the meter and is causing mine some idle issues. If they don't offer one calibrated for the CAI, then you have a few choices. 1) live with the idle, 2) get a stock setup off of eBay, 3) take the fenderwell part off and stick the air filter on the C&L (you need to make a shield for the fan wash), or 4) Get the JLT true cold air set up.

91GT347
08-09-2006, 08:58 PM
I would try it,just to see what it does first. If you decide to go the airbox route. Im pretty sure I still have mine. Just let me know if you want it.

lxexpress
08-09-2006, 09:15 PM
i have a pro m 75mm mass air with a bbk cold air intake.i never experianced an idle problem with mine.originally i had it with 19 lb injectors,now upgraded to 24 lb,still no issues with it.the only thing i can tell you is to get your throttle positioning sensor checked for voltage flux. i had an idle issue where the idle would stay at 1200 rpm coming up to a light,shut it off,start it up,800 rpm..did it really intermittently took a while to figure it out.hope this helps. p.m. if you need to know more

MustangCRZY302
08-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Im pretty sure you can use the fender well mount tube, you just can't use the new MAF sensor with the Stock Injectors. the MAF and the injectors are tuned for each other. If you want, I have a trick that I did on my car before I put the Vortech on it.