PDA

View Full Version : What's in your wax...and are you damaging your paint?

Nicoleb3x3
06-29-2006, 05:50 PM
I painted my car in 2004 and I'm trying my very best to keep up the paint job looking it's best. Everyone knows after market paint jobs rarely hold out as good as a factory paint job.
so far my effots have been good, and I get allot of compliments on the condition of my paint even 2 years later.

A detailer who was the orginal buffer of my first paint job sold me his shop's wax not available to consumers and it's worked wonderful. But I know allot of people who swear by their own brands of wax that they feel are best and I was wondering if there is something better out there?

well, I stumbled upon this article which talks about waxes and some surprising facts on waxes which contain silicone that could damage your paint. I got worried and quickly checked my bottle of wax for any silicone content and found none.

Concerned about all other car lovers out there I'm posting this link so everyone can beaware of what to watch out for and other points to help keeping your paint like new.

http://www.autosupermart.com/store/shop/articles/intro.html?id=VvG9WCUF (http://www.autosupermart.com/store/shop/articles/intro.html?id=VvG9WCUF)

AmericanMetal
07-02-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm going to check mine too, thanks. There's a problem here that luckily you wouldn't have to worry about... I put silicone stuff on my car bra to keep it shiny, and the cats hop up on the bumper on their way to the roof. So I get paw tracks across the hood. Maybe I should just paint little black footprints all over the car so people think it's on paw-pose. :)

Nicoleb3x3
07-02-2006, 08:16 PM
that sucks, I'm sure if you whipe it off it shoudl be ok

AmericanMetal
08-04-2006, 10:57 AM
that sucks, I'm sure if you whipe it off it shoudl be ok

Well, the cat that liked to sleep on my Stang has passed away, and we're keeping my new kitten inside. Since we let him climb up on the bed, don't really want silicone footprints on the comforter either. :-) He's too small to jump to the height of a hood though, so when he does make a break for it, he hides *under* the Mustang.

Which will be really entertaining if the anti-mod people in my household reach underneath to get him out and notice the H-pipe has mysteriously gotten bent into an X.

So far I've actually gotten some mileage from the excuse, "It's louder because of the shiny tips." :naughty:

Nicoleb3x3
08-04-2006, 07:17 PM
sorry to hear the kitty passed on...

anti-mod...hmmm I don't have that problem anymore :)
my household competes against each other with new mods to out-do the other mod :)

wldponi03
08-05-2006, 07:34 AM
Great Article Thanks Nicole!!!