PDA

View Full Version : Need hood opinions, and need them FAST

GirlzGT
05-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Ok, saturday, i had an unfortunate incident with my hood.
All i am going to say is NEVER forget to put the hood pins back in....ummmm yeah.

anyway, i was looking at getting a new hood anyway, just because i was never 100% happy with the quality of my old cobra r hood. it just always drove me nuts....

im thinking the mach 2 hood from ramairhoods.com
here is a picture of one with the roush front end...(not a vert though)

if you have any other suggestions please feel free to post them, i am not by any means dead set on any one hood. i just need to make a decision FAST...HELP!

http://www.ramairhood.com/photo_gallery/ford/mustang/99-04/st_002.jpg

J
05-29-2006, 11:22 AM
Cervinis hood... Always will love that.

Cobra R 2000 Hood is hot.

http://www.mrbodykit.com/bodykits/hoodsimages/99Mustang-Cobra-R-2000-Hood.jpg

GirlzGT
05-29-2006, 11:40 AM
The 2000 cobra R hood is what i have now....was trying to veer away from it (maybe)....
the ram air from ramairhoods.com is just like the cervinis ram air, but a bit more aggressive.....its got a tad higher lift.....i dont know! lol
stupid hood pins :(

Hmongstang
05-29-2006, 12:09 PM
how about the steeda Hood, i seen it on stangs with the roush stage 3 front and it looks badass.... or get a hood like the Mach 1s with the shaker system

GirlzGT
05-29-2006, 12:13 PM
well, shaker system is out, because to use it, i would have to change alot of things recently done to the engine bay for room.
I was considering the steeda...what is the quality like? ive havent seen any reviews.
my hubby doesnt care for it though....(not that it matter what he thinks LOL)

crimsonblack
05-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Get something you don't regularly find on a Saleen or Roush. Make it unique.

GirlzGT
05-29-2006, 02:49 PM
i dont know, im really liking the mach 2 hood. can someone chop it on my car???

Hmongstang
05-29-2006, 03:01 PM
i dont know, im really liking the mach 2 hood. can someone chop it on my car???

imo thats mach 2 hood doesn't flow with the roush scene...

Hmongstang
05-29-2006, 03:14 PM
http://fnsweet.com/pics/smoke/cov-friar1.jpg

03 cobra???

http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/feature/reckless/tedsroush01.JPG
heres the steeda hood.....i think the owner of this car is a member her too.... not sure

baddroptop
05-29-2006, 03:49 PM
just go with a 4" cowl

GirlzGT
05-29-2006, 09:41 PM
hmmm, im liking the steeda one...
i dont want a regular cowl...ive had 2 of them now (both from reputable places) and both came out wavy looking...i know they can be smoothed out, but it takes time and time is $$....i like the steeda one because its broken up with the louvers...

Hmongstang
05-29-2006, 10:31 PM
hmmm, im liking the steeda one...
i dont want a regular cowl...ive had 2 of them now (both from reputable places) and both came out wavy looking...i know they can be smoothed out, but it takes time and time is $$....i like the steeda one because its broken up with the louvers...

you can make it functional too, i seen one done and it looks badass

GirlzGT
05-30-2006, 07:15 AM
nah, i would stay away from making it functional...i hadthat done with my cobra r hood....which had the mesh screens in it....after awhile the screens started falling out and it was a pain to fix them....
i think this is it...i think this is the hood. now the question is....do i get the black inserts for the vents or leave them red like the above picture?

02BlueStang
05-30-2006, 01:30 PM
I like both the steeda and the Mach 2 hood...I would go with one of those....

Hmongstang
05-30-2006, 03:00 PM
nah, i would stay away from making it functional...i hadthat done with my cobra r hood....which had the mesh screens in it....after awhile the screens started falling out and it was a pain to fix them....
i think this is it...i think this is the hood. now the question is....do i get the black inserts for the vents or leave them red like the above picture?

I like the hood with the black inserts...

sicboy
05-30-2006, 03:29 PM
i just did the steeda hood (funtional) for a friend. looks great and works! the heat extractors are there for a reason. cooler motors make more power. like all things it must be done right tho....

Roush8702
05-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Thats mine, with the steeda hood, They sell strips for the loovers , I never put them on, there is a Heat extractor in the rear of the hood, so theres no need to cut the loovers to make them funtional, I thought about it , then decieded against it, because you will have to cut into the inner (underside ) portion of the hood as well.

I like the quality, however the corner was damaged during shipping, steeda was willing to replace it, but my shop said they could with no problem, so I just had them do it, never had a problem with it and the shop didnt have to do much block sanding on it , which is always a good thing.

I picked this hood because there isnt alot of ppl running them, The cobra R hood is badass, but its getting overdone

SicBoy- Do you have any pics of the hoods? im curious on what it looks like.

sicboy
05-30-2006, 06:38 PM
i just did the steeda hood (funtional) for a friend. looks great and works! the heat extractors are there for a reason. cooler motors make more power. like all things it must be done right tho....
just confirming opening the louvers removes a HUGE amount of heat from the engine compartment...

hrsepwrbrat
06-01-2006, 08:17 PM
I like my hood, now that the bodywork on it is done and the paint is done. HUGE pain in the ass. I can tell you 2 places NOT to get yours...

ClintEastwood
06-01-2006, 10:30 PM
stock.

GirlzGT
06-01-2006, 11:21 PM
stock.

ewwwe...you said stock....yuk...plain hood with no scoop...not for me.
my stang is show and go...yuk

Thecarphotoguy1
06-02-2006, 12:00 AM
Might look at these sites: http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/site.htm and check out www.abcexclusive.com as they have some pretty good deals on hoods for 'Stangs!

91GT347
06-02-2006, 09:10 AM
Just make sure you get a good brand. I've seen alot of problems with the cheapo's.

GirlzGT
06-02-2006, 11:01 AM
^^^^ thats exactly what i am doing...i am definately going to pay for a good brand....i want NO problems....ive had bad experiences with cheapos...

GirlzGT
06-03-2006, 02:38 PM
ok...the decision has been made, and the hood already ordered.
It was a tough decision on my part, there were a few i felt strongly about....but it came dwn tot he one i have always had a love for, one i kept going back to......yup, i got the same hood i had before! lol
2000 Cobra R hood from ford racing. I spent the extra cash on a good one, as opposed to the $250 one i had before which always dissapointed me.

I will post pics when its all together and newly painted etc.

J
06-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Good call.