PDA

View Full Version : Improperly Informed

Stephanie
05-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Hello everyone,

I wanted to come over here and check out your website because I was improperly informed about it and just wanted to check it out for myself. I decided I would go ahead and make a post as well. On Saturday Myself and 5 of my friends (3 guys and 2 other girls) were at the AER car show in Carrollton, TX. We were all sitting around and one of your members approached the group. He proceed to ask one of the guys if he owned a Mustang and he responded with yes, then he asked the other two guys if they had a Mustang or even a Ford and they responded with a yes as well and he handed them a little strip of paper with this websites name on it and invited them to come check it out and then he walked off. He never acknowledges us three girls sitting there, that was kind of a slap in the face. Because all three of use girls have Mustangs that we have put time, money, blood, sweat and tears into to make either race or show read. With today’s society it is really hard for a woman to be in the car hobby and when you have people like the person that came up to our group and did what he did makes it even harder. Women have to work their ass off to get respect and recognition in this hobby. But anyways I am really hoping this website is not this way and it was just that person who approached us that has the mind set that women have no place in the hobby. Because I see there are women on this site and that there is even a forum for the ladies and I think that is aesome. :woohoo:

BTW ~ I never got the person’s name that approached us but I do know he drove a 06 Blue Roush Convertible.

Thanks,
Stephanie

tweety
05-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Well from one female stang owner to another WELCOME TO GS.

Stephanie
05-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Thank You.

YsOffcr
05-15-2006, 01:57 PM
I hope your experience doesn't keep you from this site. Welcome to GS.

NewOneSoon
05-15-2006, 02:08 PM
HI Stephenie and i understand how you feel ( im a female ).... I have worked on and re done 3 mustang ( having owned 13 all total ) and still guys treat me like i dont know any thing ....But your young dont let this bother you Hun be proud your able .. And enjoy being car crazy nothing wrong with it either ...... and enjoy this sight cause its really cool and there are some really fine Mustang here that belong to both guys and Gals alike ...:-D

FierceRage
05-15-2006, 02:09 PM
Welcome to GS!! :devil:

sicboy
05-15-2006, 02:26 PM
yes welcome and while we are on the subject where the hell is the mens only forum?? the ladies are running this place! :lol:

trikpony
05-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Hmmm that discription sounds a lot like GUY ...Where is he? Im going give him a spanking.. :smack: lol j/k
If it was GUY (whom is a very nice person) Im sure it was an honest mistake...maybe he thought you were one of the boys g/f's and didnt wanna offend anyone..Yea never know .. but rest assured there are ALOT of us female wrenchers on Gotstang so you should feel right at home...So Welcome to the site Stephanie...Look forward to posting with you.

Hmongstang
05-15-2006, 02:38 PM
don't just check us out..... stay with us, gotstang is a really great site....... and the people here are friendly.......especially me:D

sicboy
05-15-2006, 02:45 PM
don't just check us out..... stay with us, gotstang is a really great site....... and the people here are friendly.......especially me:D
yea and feel free to rank my ride too :dance:

Fastest302
05-15-2006, 02:51 PM
Welcome to gotstang!!!

steelfalcon29
05-15-2006, 03:06 PM
Welcome to the site and as Trikpony said from the description and location it sounds like Guy and I'm sure it was an honest mistake!! If you do want to make a website on here just let me know and I'll help as much as possible.

Stephanie
05-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Thanks everyone. It seems like you all are pretty nice. It might had been a honest mistake on his part, but there are still a lot of guys still out there that have a mindset that women have no business being in this type of hobby.

HerNastyNotch
05-15-2006, 04:58 PM
welcome stephanie... boys are stoopid. you know that. ;)

95mustang302
05-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Welcome to GS!

Davegt02
05-15-2006, 05:33 PM
:silly: .....welcome steph.....

J
05-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Maybe he was intimated by your good looks! lol

hrsepwrbrat
05-15-2006, 05:40 PM

Yup!

Welcome!

Brickyard
05-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Howdy, Welcome.

jason2004gt
05-15-2006, 06:09 PM
Welcome to GS!!!!!! I have seen some girls on here that make me jealous as to how sweet there cars are, so no hatin' here!!!!!!!

electricgreen
05-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Ha! People always ask my husband about my Stang when we're at shows....welcome from another female stanger!

tankglh21
05-15-2006, 06:51 PM
welcome! I think girls that are into mustangs are a rare breed. But great to see more are joining. some guys are just ignorant :beerchug:

crimsonblack
05-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Boys are stupid and us men aren't much brighter for that matter. But a girl who maintains her own car and if it happens to be a mustang - well, that's just plane ass awesome.

Hmongstang
05-15-2006, 07:30 PM

Not me though........ i'm a MAN!!! :attention

wldponi03
05-15-2006, 08:03 PM
Welcome Steph, I am glad to see more Women Stanger's...I always get Slack from the guys at shows asking about my hubby's Stang, Hell he is no where around he hates my Mach...I get so mad when guys think its a guys Stang!!! But when they see me out there under the Hood and Detailing everything they change there Tune Real Fast...Oh also I am a Grandma but am very Young at Heart!!! Go Chicks With Sticks!!!!

Nicoleb3x3
05-15-2006, 08:22 PM
Welcome to GS,

you'll be surprised just how many women ARE into this sport of modifying their stangs! Whether it be just rims, custom paint job, or even a 5.0 motor swap; yup girls are in it too; and we're all here in Gotstang.

I was surprised to learn I wasn't the only mustang sick girl out there, and I feel allot less alone in my hobby since coming to GS. ...beware the life altering affects of the Mustang and Mustang websites alike!

Stephanie
05-15-2006, 10:53 PM
Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome. I have enjoyed reading your board today.

Nicoleb3x3, I have been on mustang message boards since 2001. My best friend even runs a website that is dedicated to women and the car hobby. She was one of the girls sitting in our group that he approached.

swervo
05-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Welcome to GS. Get your website up soon so we can see some pics of the stang!

NorCalRoush2
05-16-2006, 07:35 AM
Thanks everyone. It seems like you all are pretty nice. It might had been a honest mistake on his part, but there are still a lot of guys still out there that have a mindset that women have no business being in this type of hobby.

Ah, not all guys think that way. Some of us (by that I mean me) Will talk to the girls at the shows whether they have a mustang or not. The only time it really backfires is when the girl is actually someones g/f then things just get a little wierd. Anyways, welcome to the site.

wallbanger11_22
05-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Ah, not all guys think that way. Some of us (by that I mean me) Will talk to the girls at the shows whether they have a mustang or not. The only time it really backfires is when the girl is actually someones g/f then things just get a little wierd. Anyways, welcome to the site.
lol yeah Im with him. I love a girl that turns wrenches on her own car. Especially when it is a stang. Welcome to the site. Kick back and stay awhile. :thumpupn:

mustangfreak123
05-16-2006, 10:15 AM
Welcome to GS :beerchug:

Frosty
05-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Yeah, 2 b honest he was probably intimidated to say anything to u all. Like the previous posts say guys can be stupid or just don't wanna look stoopid, haha. Don't let it get to ya, this is a really cool site.

02BlueStang
05-16-2006, 01:50 PM
welcome to gotstang.....a lot of guys still do that stuff but a lot of us love having girls around to talk cars about.....I mean we all love girls...whats better than having one that wont yell at you for working on your car all day and better yet, help you when you need an extra set of hands and knows what she's doing :)

Snake
05-16-2006, 02:00 PM
some guys are uncomfortable talking to girls when their boyfriends or whatever are present.That could be all it is.
he doesn't know if you wrench or not if he doesn't know you,you'd have to let him know that.