PDA

View Full Version : a question posed for thoughtful consideration...

HerNastyNotch
05-08-2006, 06:41 AM
i have been toying with the idea of putting my stock hood back on and putting my 4 inch cowl hood in storage for a bit. here is my quandry:

stock hood: i love the sleeper look of the stock body. with my stock hood on, nobody would expect the 525 horses running them over... especially with a little girl driving it.

also in favor of the stock hood - it's a long story, but with the aggressive cowl that i have, i've noticed that i get treated a little differently in traffic.... in other words, people automatically go on the defense in traffic or they themselves begin to drive aggressively when my car comes in close proximity to theirs. the short end of the long story on this point is that someone began driving very aggressively, cut me off, and ended up hitting me and i was ticketed for the accident.

cowl hood: i know that with my turbo the temperatures inside my motor compartment are astounding. and the cowl hood does help with making sure that heat isn't trapped inside.

and the cowl also houses my shift light and is soon to house my fuel pressure gauge. so the cowl hood is useful.

i don't know which way to go right now... thoughts?

GW269
05-08-2006, 06:54 AM
It sounds like you have already decided girl, so go with what works best for you. The cowl is not why that idiot cut you off, so keep the hood and next time don't let 'em catch up to you!!

crimsonblack
05-08-2006, 07:16 AM
Perhaps you could go with a smaller cowl. It will give a less powerful look (I think it takes away from the car with the high rise cowl.) If heat is a problem for the engine you can install a three row aluminum with adjusted temp fan for cooling. On the stock hood you could have louvers cut into the top of the hood to help dissipate heat build up in the engine compartment. I would prefer the stock hood up to a 2.5 cowl Cobra R hood on the fox body. They look nice.

Your problem however may be more of a woman behind the wheel of a hotrod and a guy driving a shit wagon four banger than your cowl hood. If you like the big cowl keep it. When you get a ticket in an accident, as long as you don't rear-end the car in front of you, you can take it to court and fight the ticket. Always keep a camera in the car for such an instant. One of the throw away cameras in the glove box could save some points on your license as well as fighting the ticket. We carry the one time use cameras in our work vans for accidents.

GW269
05-08-2006, 08:13 AM
I would hate to see one accident make you change your ride........

meneep
05-08-2006, 09:23 AM
I would hate to see you change it, the looks now are awesome!
But, if you are going to change it, try a smaller cowl instead of the stock hood (for all the reasons you listed).

mustangfreak123
05-08-2006, 07:10 PM
I love the way your car looks, so if your going to change hoods, I would just go with a smaller cowl instead of the stock one.....

YsOffcr
05-08-2006, 09:26 PM
I'm with the majority on this one also, keep the cowl or get a shorter cowl hood. I think crimson said it best, the problem is probably because of jealousy of the woman behind the wheel of the fast car and not the hood.

crimsonblack
05-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Wendy - This 2.5" cobra R hood would look sharp on your car. It's my favorite hood for the fox body. It got the cowl hood, but with a nice double swoop to get to the 2.5" :devil:

sublime302
05-09-2006, 12:13 PM
i say go for the sleeper look and put the shift light somewhere else for the time being..