PDA

View Full Version : NEW FEATURE DISCUSSION: TEAM EVENTS

J
04-25-2006, 09:13 PM
How would you guys like to compete against other teams?

Currently I am thinking of a way for a team leader to challenge another team in particular hunt items to see which team can complete them first....

Any other ways you guys want to compete against other teams?

This will open the doors for TEAM records and even allow 'TEAM POINTS' to be awarded to keep track of which team is doing the most ass kicking.

The Guardian
04-25-2006, 09:15 PM
Hey that sounds great, can we do a team tourney? What do you think?

Hunts would have to be items that are not regional. Things that anyone can get.

J
04-25-2006, 09:17 PM
For sure... I can add tournaments to the event list.. But we need to come up with how they are going to be setup... is it 1 v 1 matchup within the team? or just THIS TEAM VS THIS TEAM type of thing.

As far as hunt items.. I will have a drop down list of limited items you get to choose from.. and I will make sure they are all doo-able

wldponi03
04-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Hey that sounds great, can we do a team tourney? What do you think?

Hunts would have to be items that are not regional. Things that anyone can get.

Now that the weather is Nice I can finally do hunts and the rest of the Team would be able to do that also!! A Tourney sounds Great!!! But everyones Team isn't full yet!!!!

wldponi03
04-25-2006, 09:27 PM
I hate to Beat a Dead Horse LOL But have you gave any thought yet to the Team Leaders being able to join in the Fun of the Team!!! Please Please!!!!! Sorry to Bug you J, but I am not alone in this!!!!

YsOffcr
04-25-2006, 10:30 PM
The tourney could be group vs group, ex. Moderate Modded members of 1 team against the same of another. How about team specific JFOs, the win goes towards the team points instead of just for the member. If team owners are allowed to participate, I think it should be limited to one Stang (if they have more than one website set up). This should also apply to the members as well, just my .02 to keep it fair.

J
04-25-2006, 10:36 PM
Only 1 car per person can be on a team... or did I mess something up.

tobedeleted_blnpony05
04-26-2006, 12:36 AM

as a team owner with 2 stangs I can't participate at all....the 05 ownes a team and can't play and the 66 can't play because the 05 ownes at this point if the owner can't participate I would like to change ownership of my team to the 66 and be a member with the 05....

stangracer44t
04-26-2006, 12:54 AM
I think that we should have a team vs. team tourney, but have it set up whare one car goes against the other teams car

trikpony
04-26-2006, 02:53 AM
Good idea :clap: I think the HUNTS within Teams would be a BLAST....Oh and we still have a bunch of stangs that need to be put into classes, *cough "J" cough cough* .. :lol: Like I said before...just hollar if you need me to help you out with that :naughty:

J
04-26-2006, 08:01 AM
if you are a team owner, your car will automatically be in the events. You dont need to 'join' your car within your own team.

tobedeleted_blnpony05
04-26-2006, 09:30 AM
would it be up to the team to choose the car involved in the face-off/tourney??

wldponi03
04-26-2006, 10:13 AM
if you are a team owner, your car will automatically be in the events. You dont need to 'join' your car within your own team.
Will the Team Leaders Points Count within the Team?
When I add the Teams points as you said it is still not coming up right, no I am not adding the Team Leaders Points to it!!! Its way off anyone else having the same thing!!! Just wondering!!!

YsOffcr
04-26-2006, 05:49 PM
I might have misunderstood an earlier thread/post. I thought someone had one of their stangs as the owner and their other stang as a member. If you have it set up as you say then just ignore my last.

J
04-26-2006, 06:36 PM
blnpony what does that mean?

If its a team tourney.. the entire team is in it.

tobedeleted_blnpony05
04-26-2006, 06:54 PM
blnpony what does that mean?

If its a team tourney.. the entire team is in it.
was refering to stangracer44t's post.....i may have misunderstood what he was saying...two teams of say 8 face-off as indivudal cars but all in the same team...it would have to be like a mini tourney..in the mist of the tourney...this could get confusing. Or say 2 teams did a face-off...how would you vote on that? It would almost have to be a mini tourney I don't see how you could do it any other way...the team page may help with this because you would have to look at mods and such overall...right?? :wow:

tobedeleted_blnpony05
04-26-2006, 06:57 PM
I might have misunderstood an earlier thread/post. I thought someone had one of their stangs as the owner and their other stang as a member. If you have it set up as you say then just ignore my last.

Prob me Greg...I own a team but had my 66 in another team.....won't allow it now tho so it really is moot.

J
04-26-2006, 07:55 PM
A team tournament would be when we have 32 teams to participate.... so each team would start in its own spot. Looking deeper.. to figure out who wins each round would be determined by the individual face-offs within.

The Guardian
04-26-2006, 07:58 PM
Okay I want my points to count as part of the team and I want to play, so if we do faceoffs I want to do them also. I agree with Nicole on the tourneys though my moderately mods against the the team and such. Of course all the teams will have to be set up for that to work. My team is all set up just waiting on ya'll:dance:

yosemiddysam
04-28-2006, 01:21 PM
Yeah I agree. Put the moderately mods against the other teams moderately modded and so on and so forth. These could be JFO's or Reg Face Offs. Then whoever won would get points either way but it would be better for the entire team to get the points. Just my .02 hope it helps.

Brickyard
04-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Whats the point in having teams if it takes a week just to get classified.........

Kinda counter productive no ?.

YsOffcr
04-28-2006, 05:05 PM
Whats the point in having teams if it takes a week just to get classified.........

Then have a few judges, who are not on a team, just for JFO's involving teams.

J
04-28-2006, 07:53 PM

There are only 2 people allowed to classify... there are like 7 judges... the judging will be much faster!!!!!!!!!!!

Brickyard
04-28-2006, 09:34 PM
How do I go about doing that then ?. I am not the most aptitude at websites.

YsOffcr
04-29-2006, 01:48 AM
How do I go about doing that then ?. I am not the most aptitude at websites.
Go to the JFO section and click on "see cars", under the list of cars waiting is a button to sumbit your car.

YsOffcr
04-29-2006, 01:53 AM
I had an idea for the team Face offs. How about face offs between members of teams that only can be voted on by the team. For example, a member of GS Dynasty challenges someone with GS Cruizers and only people belonging to a team can vote.

meneep
04-29-2006, 03:19 PM
I like the team 'Hunt' idea! Make a Hunt item that can be a challenge to multiple teams. Kinda like the UH. The teams would have to find similar items in different geographical locations.
For example, if the team Hunt Challenge gave an item like a baseball stadium, you would have to get at least three different submissions (different cities) from the team.
I know that some teams have members in the same town so I think three would be enough.
What do you guys think?

The Guardian
04-30-2006, 06:41 PM
I like that. No one on my team is in my state. The BMC is so spread out, the beautiful black stangs are everywhere.
I like the team 'Hunt' idea! Make a Hunt item that can be a challenge to multiple teams. Kinda like the UH. The teams would have to find similar items in different geographical locations.
For example, if the team Hunt Challenge gave an item like a baseball stadium, you would have to get at least three different submissions (different cities) from the team.
I know that some teams have members in the same town so I think three would be enough.
What do you guys think?

stangracer44t
05-01-2006, 03:00 AM
Thats a great idea. I am the only one from Oregon in my team. There are only two people from Oregon that are on gotstang!

donngregorio
05-01-2006, 04:36 PM
do you mean that only the people from the teams that the cars are from can vote or all people that are in a team can vote... if its just the teams that have a car in the face of that wouldnt be good because of there being on side because poeple would only vote for their team members you know what imean. but its its for all the people that are in a group then that sounds good

I had an idea for the team Face offs. How about face offs between members of teams that only can be voted on by the team. For example, a member of GS Dynasty challenges someone with GS Cruizers and only people belonging to a team can vote.

YsOffcr
05-02-2006, 01:12 AM
do you mean that only the people from the teams that the cars are from can vote or all people that are in a team can vote... if its just the teams that have a car in the face of that wouldnt be good because of there being on side because poeple would only vote for their team members you know what imean. but its its for all the people that are in a group then that sounds good
I was thinking all members of all the teams could vote, not just the teams represented in the face off. If someone was not on a team they wouldn't be able to vote.

topnotch5.0
05-02-2006, 09:18 PM
What about having a challenge for the most referrals? Whatever team refers the most in a period of say, 1 month gets X amount of points. Whut cha think?

YsOffcr
05-03-2006, 01:17 AM
What about having a challenge for the most referrals? Whatever team refers the most in a period of say, 1 month gets X amount of points. Whut cha think?
I think you have a stack of GS flyers that you just handed out at the last car show. :lol: :lol: :lol:

topnotch5.0
05-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Awh, BUSTED! :ranting: I did too, about 30 of 'em. But only one so far as showed up. I even made 'em up a little bigger than business cards. I keep a stack of 'em by the car for people to pick up and I also handed out quite a few.
Aint no foolin you! >owned<

stangracer44t
06-08-2006, 12:54 PM
So J, how about an update. How close are we to some team events?

CrazyHorse
06-27-2006, 01:29 PM
OK, the hunts and face offs are great ideas and easiest to do because it's web-based. How about a tourny where the team picks it's contender to pit against all other teams contenders?

How about a team chat also? Make it easier to converse with everyone on the team?? :devil:

J
06-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Teams are opened up to 1 heavily and 1 custom

YsOffcr
06-27-2006, 11:56 PM
Well I'm sure that's gonna make some people happy.

sicboy
06-28-2006, 12:19 AM
Well I'm sure that's gonna make some people happy.
yeah! i was really getting board with gs :clap:

91GT347
07-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Well Sic.If your bored you can paint my car for me !!! lmfao

sicboy
07-05-2006, 06:22 PM
you would have to help me finish my new spray booth.....