PDA

View Full Version : My baby's in the paint shop

hrsepwrbrat
04-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Finally! They said I might get her back Friday. I'll be visiting her every day. Told them I would, so they shouldn't be irritated at me LOL They're fixing her hood and painting it. Can't wait!!

Black Stallion
04-17-2006, 08:50 PM
What color is she getting painted?

hrsepwrbrat
04-19-2006, 12:37 AM
The hood is going to be painted silver plus another thing that's going to be a secret! Can't wait...

1nasty96
04-19-2006, 01:51 AM
:gwtsp:

sublime302
04-19-2006, 03:01 AM
YESSSSSSSSS, congrats.. cant wait to see her finished.. wait.. it is a she right? or a he since ur a girl? lol.. cant wait to see the suprise.. now i am not going to be able to sleep.. i need to know the secret.. LOL

hrsepwrbrat
04-19-2006, 10:43 AM
LOL Yes, she is a she! I'm gonna go over there again this afternoon and take pics. I forgot the damn camera yesterday. Poor girl was wearing a giant baggie. Yesterday they were almost done doing the work on the hood, they got rid of the hump and made the other side smooth and straight. They fixed 2 dents that I forgot about too! The guy showed me the paint on a stir stick and man... it's awesome! I can't wait, hopefully she'll be done before Friday... yeah right LOL I'm just itching to get her back, I was tired of the rental the first day. Got pics of the rental anyway LOL

hrsepwrbrat
04-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Here's what she's doing right now... they said their compressors aren't working!!!! I might not get her back Friday. I'd hate to have to leave her over the weekend, I'm so bummed!

Frosty
04-19-2006, 03:50 PM
I know it's tough, but don't rush em. U wanna get a paint job done right the first time, or it'll be shiznick 2 pay later on. Oh by the way, I c u "big pimpin" in the malibu!!!lol.:silly:

hrsepwrbrat
04-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Oh I'm sure they'll do it right, it's those stupid compressors. Everything about this hood has been bad. It's been on for over 3 months now, and there was a fight to get it in the first place. Had to send the first one back cause it was trash, then no one wanted to work on it cause it's fiberglass... it's been one long damn struggle!

That Impala is pretty yucky, too quiet, too smooth, too slow! It's a bit snippier than I thought it would be, but it's still a new Chevy car... I like old Chevys or the trucks, the new stuff is crap..

hrsepwrbrat
04-21-2006, 02:41 PM
A little more progress. Looking like hopefully late Monday.... They can't do what I wanted, so the secret kinda fizzled LOL She'll still look good, and there's still something cool going on (I hope) so hopefully I'll have some new pics Monday.

swervo
04-21-2006, 07:48 PM
Looking good Brat!

hrsepwrbrat
04-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Wish I could sneak in and take her, then bring her back early Monday morning! I miss her so much!