PDA

View Full Version : '05 fuel gauge errors!!! any suggestions?

stolenheron
04-14-2006, 08:02 AM
this is the 2nd time this has happened...I am driving down the road and all of a sudden my fuel guage is below Empty and my warning light is on indicating I need fuel...Well thats bullsh** because I filled up the tank the day before. I pulled over to the side of the road and restarted the car. Car restarts just like normal, everything looks fine except for a check engine light....so I whipped out my heavy artillery, my Diablo Predator, I ran the diagnostics and got:

P0463 - Fuel Level Sensor A. Circuit High Input.

I cleared the error, restarted the engine, no more problems....except it happened 2 weeks later with the same error...I really wanna know if any other 2005+ have had this problem (i know its been happening to alot on other forums). IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA HOW TO PREVENT THIS PROBLEM OR WHAT THE PROBLEM IS I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW!!

91GT347
04-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Hey stolen. I havent found a cure yet,but I copied and pasted this. "Fuel level sensor. On roughly 3/4 of our mustangs they had a problem with getting proper fuel level readings. The gas tanks would be full however the gauge would read that they were empty. This would intermittently go away, but it is very annoying, and will after a few times trip a MIL (malfunction indicator lamp, also known as a Check Engine Light). Ford claims that it was just bad gas put in the mustangs, however after working a LOT with these cars, I do not agree. Out of the 6000 cars (of all types..) i was in charge of, very few cars other then the mustangs ever had problems with their level sensors. (the DTC you will normally get is a P0463)" I got it from http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?mode=hybrid&t=1157876,about 3/4 down the page. Well,at least you know it's not just you. Still looking for you though.

stolenheron
04-15-2006, 05:15 PM
problem has reoccurred!!! WTF!?! I NEED HELP!!

crimsonblack
04-15-2006, 06:48 PM
Dealer? The car is still under warranty isn't it? Take it to the dealer. They may have already dealt with the problem on other mustangs and have a fix for it.

stolenheron
04-15-2006, 07:20 PM
well it might be under warranty...the supercharger kit voids alot, most likely they will blame it on the blower even though it isnt.

tobedeleted_blnpony05
04-17-2006, 11:06 AM
Did you get your tank replaced?? I had some simmilar issues and it was because of the gas cap and the tank issues. The blower should not void that part of the warranty...also check for TSB's on the issue.

speedyhank
04-17-2006, 12:14 PM
get the Fuel Level Sensor replaced and that should take care of it

GW269
04-19-2006, 01:25 AM
well it might be under warranty...the supercharger kit voids alot, most likely they will blame it on the blower even though it isnt.
Checkout the Magnussen Moss Warranty act... your Supercharger should not void any warranty, especially the Fuel sensor. The dealer would have to prove that the power adder was the initial cause of the problem, and since it is happening on alot of '05/'06 Stangs(most without SC) then I doubt they could say that.....

Blow-By Racing
04-21-2006, 06:08 AM
Checkout the Magnussen Moss Warranty act... your Supercharger should not void any warranty, especially the Fuel sensor. The dealer would have to prove that the power adder was the initial cause of the problem, and since it is happening on alot of '05/'06 Stangs(most without SC) then I doubt they could say that.....

exactly what he said.

I could have said it better myself.