PDA

View Full Version : Junkyard Dawg. Scored some parts!

crimsonblack
03-30-2006, 02:09 PM
My GT style taillights are scratched and starting to fog over and they've been cleaned and painted once already. So, I hit the local junkyard Monday looking for some taillights from an 85/86 model. Not as nice as the LX but it's... different. Well, I found a new junker with near mint (no scratches)condition LX taillights. Got both assemblies for just $50. These are like $180 for each complete assembly. The car just happen to be white and a notch so I took the trunk lid (add the spoiler and I can dump the nasty luggage rack) and some small interior parts that I can paint white to mach the car and look pretty interesting against the all black interior. :nutkick:

meneep
03-30-2006, 02:45 PM
Nice score!! :beerchug:

hrsepwrbrat
03-30-2006, 07:21 PM
Got to love junkyards!

crimsonblack
03-30-2006, 09:04 PM
I still like the GT taillights though. If I can get my old ones cleaned up and painted to mactch the car I might put them back on. Luckily it's a pretty easy change out and can make a huge change to the look of the car. The GT lights give appearance on the LX models. I am amazed at how many GT owners are switching to the LX style.

baddroptop
03-30-2006, 09:59 PM
looks nice
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1990 stang vert
1984 ford f150

mustangfreak123
03-30-2006, 11:21 PM
I still like the GT taillights though. If I can get my old ones cleaned up and painted to mactch the car I might put them back on. Luckily it's a pretty easy change out and can make a huge change to the look of the car. The GT lights give appearance on the LX models. I am amazed at how many GT owners are switching to the LX style.

personally i like the LX style tails better and i know of a lot of people that switch to them on their GTs.

yosemiddysam
03-31-2006, 01:24 AM
Great find. I like it either way. I guess its all in taste. Your car rocks anyways. keep up the good work.

meneep
03-31-2006, 03:45 PM
May sound funny, but I like GT tail lights on GT cars!
LXs look great either way! :beerchug: