PDA

View Full Version : Cobra94...guess what???

EddieGT
03-13-2006, 02:00 AM
We're going to test drive a white '94 Cobra coupe that's immaculate, sometime this week... Been communicating with the owner via e-mail and so far things seem very promising! :devil:

I thought this would concern you, since you're probably up all night, looking out the window, making sure I'm not trying to break into yours to take it. :thumpupn:

Wish us luck... It'll be primarily my wife's, and a weekend car (garaged on weekdays), but I'm sure I'll get to drive it as well. :w00t:

VP_96COBRA
03-13-2006, 09:48 AM
it will be nice as hell i promise u that i love my 96 cobra

93ramvert
03-13-2006, 11:41 AM
Thanks, Eddie, I can finally get out of the Eddie Stand in Dan's back yard.

EddieGT
03-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks, Eddie, I can finally get out of the Eddie Stand in Dan's back yard.
:silly:

Cobra94
03-13-2006, 12:45 PM
We're going to test drive a white '94 Cobra coupe that's immaculate, sometime this week... Been communicating with the owner via e-mail and so far things seem very promising! :devil:

I thought this would concern you, since you're probably up all night, looking out the window, making sure I'm not trying to break into yours to take it. :thumpupn:

Wish us luck... It'll be primarily my wife's, and a weekend car (garaged on weekdays), but I'm sure I'll get to drive it as well. :w00t:thats great eddie. :gwtsp:

i bet you'll drive it more than the Audi

got any other info on it like build number or mileage?

now all i have to worry about is 93ramvert!

1nasty96
03-13-2006, 04:18 PM
thats great eddie. :gwtsp:

got any other info on it like build number or milage?

hope every thing works out :thumpupn:

J
03-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Eddie used to have an 03 cobra he knows how it is.... Does this mean yer back in the family?

EddieGT
03-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Eddie used to have an 03 cobra he knows how it is.... Does this mean yer back in the family?
It's looking that way... :devil:

Oh, and that's '04 for ya... :nya:

EddieGT
03-14-2006, 02:49 AM
thats great eddie. :gwtsp:

got any other info on it like build number or mileage?

So I just got back from checking it out... It's a beautiful car, well taken care of. The owner is a lot younger than I expected, but very nice and you can tell he really loves his Cobra.

We're going to wait it out for a couple of weeks as we close on our house this coming week (got pushed back again)... We don't want to make a financial transaction of this magnitude before closing is finalized.

The car has around 82k miles. The exterior is a 9/10, interior I'd divide it into 2 areas... The dash/door panels are like a 9.5/10, the front seats' leather is around a 6/10 (it's clean but they're dry and the passenger side has a small rip). The backseats are an 8/10.

The engine bay is a 10/10 in my book, considering the age... Very clean.

Mechanically I'd say a 10/10 in my preliminary test drive... But I haven't really opened it up... I'm waiting til we are for sure getting it before really testing it (I didn't want to be rude to him, not having 100% certainty). It has a Triax (spelling?) shifter and it clicks right into gear... No problems shifting, and the motor felt smooth...

Full stainless steel Flowmaster exhaust...I love the sound so far...

The only things that I'd change is, remove vinyl work from the hood and change the wheels... I love the SN95 and '03/04 Cobra wheels, unfortunately this Cobra has aftermarket wheels that are not of my preference.

I do have a few pics that he provided, which I will post soon... Need to upload them first.

Anyone have stock SN95 Cobra rims you want to sell or give away (I'd pay for shipping of course)? Or perhaps swap for the ones this car comes with (I'll post pics soon)...? I'm not big on chrome look... (polished aluminum is OK...but chrome is not my kind of bag).

EddieGT
03-14-2006, 03:12 AM
http://www.gotstang.com/1104/EddieGT/uploads/Cobra_94/KIF_0370.jpg

http://www.gotstang.com/1104/EddieGT/uploads/Cobra_94/KIF_0362.jpg

http://www.gotstang.com/1104/EddieGT/uploads/Cobra_94/KIF_0359.jpg

http://www.gotstang.com/1104/EddieGT/uploads/Cobra_94/KIF_0358.jpg

http://www.gotstang.com/1104/EddieGT/uploads/Cobra_94/KIF_0355.jpg

http://www.gotstang.com/1104/EddieGT/uploads/Cobra_94/KIF_0379.jpg

http://www.gotstang.com/1104/EddieGT/uploads/Cobra_94/KIF_0373.jpg

http://www.gotstang.com/1104/EddieGT/uploads/Cobra_94/KIF_0374.jpg

Cobra94
03-14-2006, 10:32 AM
damn eddie! that car is clean! I hope u get it. your right. the rims gatta go.
I have my old rims still. PM me well will chat.

VP_96COBRA
03-14-2006, 03:47 PM
nice as hell like i said lol

1nasty96
03-14-2006, 04:48 PM
:wow: nice

EddieGT
03-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Update: The guy's being a little strange via e-mail... Not sure what to think but somehow I don't feel right about it, almost as if it might be stolen.

Even though we had agreed upon specific terms of payment (it's still financed so our credit union would need to get the title from his bank, etc etc), in his email he acts as if we hadn't even discussed such process and says he wants a cash payment in the full amount and that supposedly then he'll take care of the title a few days later (no financial institution would allow such a thing... They need to secure the title from the other bank).

Another thing, the car has Oregon plates. I haven't asked for the VIN, yet, but it was strange to me that he never registered it here. He claims he bought it from Oregon while living in Idaho, but then he's supposedly owned the car for 2.5 years and has never mentioned actually living in Oregon ???

Oh yea, and he said he prefers not to let me take it out for a more thorough test drive out on the freeway... Saying how "Every car drives different and you wouldn't know how to handle this one"...

*looks down to his signature*

What do you all think? His e-mail writing style is so strange also, sounds like those scams from Craigs List... Like he calls it "the sports car" instead of the Cobra, or he uses the full name such as the 1994 SVT Mustang Cobra...

I wonder if I should call up the Portland Police Dept and at least do a plate check on it to see if they match the car..and if so, if the car (or plates) have been reported stolen...?

He's usually really quick to reply but when I sent him reply (within minutes of his last email) to let him know how I felt about the e-mail in general (him being hesitant to letting me test drive it before exchanging money, and requiring a full cash payment without going to the bank...), he hasn't responded yet... So who knows. Smells a little bit like a scam to me but I want to make sure that if it involves a stolen vehicle, that it is returned to its rightful owner.

EddieGT
03-15-2006, 06:28 PM
I think when he wrote the e-mail he had been awake for 3 days or something... We've now been communicating "normally" again... A few things got cleared up and all seems well, for now...

We'll see how this turns out.

Cobra94
04-17-2006, 11:58 PM
EDDIE,,,any update???

mustangfreak123
04-18-2006, 12:30 AM
looks like a very clean car, but the rims and stickers have to go and why doesn't it have a Cobra rear bumper cover?

EddieGT
04-18-2006, 01:29 AM
EDDIE,,,any update???
Yea...we decided to hold off on the purchase for a number of reasons, including that we didn't think the price he was asking was optimal (and he was firm on it).

There's 2 '97's that I've been keeping my eye on... I love the top end of the 4.6's... But who knows, I also love the low/mid of the 5.0 Cobra motor...

I'll create a new post when the time comes. :)

Black Stallion
04-18-2006, 04:58 PM
looks like a very clean car, but the rims and stickers have to go and why doesn't it have a Cobra rear bumper cover?

Good point, maybe it was involved in an accident that should have totalled it but he rebuilt it and is trying to sell it.

crimsonblack
04-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Get the Vin and got through Carfax.com

Cobra94
04-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Yea...we decided to hold off on the purchase for a number of reasons, including that we didn't think the price he was asking was optimal (and he was firm on it).

There's 2 '97's that I've been keeping my eye on... I love the top end of the 4.6's... But who knows, I also love the low/mid of the 5.0 Cobra motor...

I'll create a new post when the time comes. :)
so now i gatta lock my car up agian!

EddieGT
04-24-2006, 03:10 PM
so now i gatta lock my car up agian!
:nya: