PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Muscle car allowed to go fast

Cobra94
02-10-2006, 08:02 AM
Anyone know of any counties or states using 05-06 stangs for their fleet?

The police version of the 2006 Dodge Charger is seen in this photo provided by DaimlerChrysler Corp. The New York Police Department said Thursday, Feb. 9, 2006 that it plans to purchase 15 Chargers for a pilot program. Some of the new cars will be unmarked and others will be painted with NYPD colors and logo

93ramvert
02-10-2006, 08:48 AM
Any know of any counties or states using 05-06 stangs for their fleet?

The police version of the 2006 Dodge Charger is seen in this photo provided by DaimlerChrysler Corp. The New York Police Department said Thursday, Feb. 9, 2006 that it plans to purchase 15 Chargers for a pilot program. Some of the new cars will be unmarked and others will be painted with NYPD colors and logo

ummmmm yeah you'll def. need the 07 Cobra to go thru New York.

I was talking to a guy yesterday who was looking at a 2006 Chrysler 300M RTX Model. He said the car was loaded to the teeth, and was putting out 450 hp. Now this is not a "Special Car" like the 07 Shelby Cobra, but it was going for $50,000 no small price tag, but at least Chrysler isn't afraid to take the gambles on a style, and obviously a little hp in there production cars.

Black Stallion
02-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Linwood, NJ is buying 3 of them. Yay for me.......

1nasty96
02-10-2006, 08:33 PM
thats not that bad

02BlueStang
02-11-2006, 11:06 AM
better than the Impalas the police force changed too....those things are slow as hell...ugly, unfomfortable and numerous other complaints from the police departments....

meneep
02-11-2006, 12:40 PM
It would be nice if they bought cars that the profits stayed in the US. If they are going to use Chrysler products (Daimler) they may as well buy imports that are assembled here, like Toyotas.
At least Ford and GM patrol cars are truly American cars (even if the Impala is ugly!).

wildthing
02-12-2006, 08:11 AM
i still think the charger is fugley and doesn't derserve the charger name......so the cops might as well drive one ....

Cobra94
02-12-2006, 08:46 AM
i still think the charger is fugley and doesn't derserve the charger name......so the cops might as well drive one ....
:lol:

crimsonblack
02-12-2006, 01:56 PM
The only decent Charger was the "Dukes of Hazzard" style. The later years turned the Charger into nothing more than a V8 boat on wheels. I had one while I was at my "C" school in the military. When I Virginia Beach, VA the title was left sitting in the drivers seat for the first moron to pick it up. Decent 318 engine, piece of shit car.

The new Charger doesn't really have the look of any past model, but it does look nice enough and comes with the power too. It comes in a four door model and that is what the cops are looking for these days. Can you image a four door mustang? Yeah, me neither.