PDA

View Full Version : selling the fox need advice

Fastest302
02-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Hey guys ive been recently having problems with the stang and after i fix it comes another problem so i realized that its up for sale.. im thinking of getting another pony and i need your gusy advice so i can make a decision. i was thinking about getting a 99-04 GT or possibly getting a 06 GT..

REEF93
02-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Keep the Fox...............2 words crate motor :thumpupn:

ClintEastwood
02-09-2006, 07:11 PM
how about a mach 1 :)

Fastest302
02-09-2006, 07:25 PM
That sounds pretty good only if i can find one in the area

Cobra94
02-09-2006, 07:40 PM
you'll have have J change yr name to fastest4.6

Fastest302
02-10-2006, 09:56 AM

yup oo well i hope its for the best

91GT347
02-10-2006, 10:44 AM
I have to agree with REEF93 Cnt go wrong with a crate motor !!!

Fastest302
02-10-2006, 12:21 PM
I have to agree with REEF93 Cnt go wrong with a crate motor !!!

i wouldnt mind either but it is my daily driver and i dont have anything else because of the winter.. and they way gas is up here i can even afford it.

crimsonblack
02-10-2006, 03:46 PM
I would rather put $300 a month into my car to fix it up/ restore rather than make a $300 a month car payment along with new car insurance. This way the money I spend is actually going back into the car. Your GT is sweet, and you should keep it.

Stuff breaks all the time, in newer cars too. If you get a newer car and have to make a car payment, you'll still put money into the car to fix it up... right? Headers, throttlebody, exhaust, alternator, steering pump, heads, interior, wheels, tires... You'll do that to your old car and not have to make a payment.

yosemiddysam
02-10-2006, 04:33 PM
Keep it. Dont sell it. I regret selling my 86 so bad. :diss:

99GTtony
02-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Keep the Fox...............2 words crate motor :thumpupn:

Definitely!!!! Don't get discouraged cause you're having issues. Get another motor, or rebuild what you got now if you have something else to drive.

REEF93.....Tarheels Rule!!!!!
I lived in NC for awhile, and have a NC tat on my arm.

auriansmustang
02-10-2006, 06:43 PM
well. idk what to say except for, your next stang needs to be black, and you need to sign up for BMC.

Black Stallion
02-10-2006, 08:22 PM
well. idk what to say except for, your next stang needs to be black, and you need to sign up for BMC.

Werd

Fastest302
02-11-2006, 08:05 AM

You can count on it being black... I was looin at a 2002 Saleen yesterday only 400 miles on it.. 30000 and the guy at the dealership is mad cool so hes giving me 5500 for the fox and im gonna do a trade in.. Just need my dad to come back form vacation and to take a look at it. :thumpupn:

auriansmustang
02-11-2006, 12:01 PM
^^^^

sweet! www.blackmustangclub.com we're waiting for you to come to the darkside.

White Stang
02-11-2006, 12:40 PM

Not necessarily just install a 302 stroker kit in the 99/04. Don't make all that extra work for J by making him change your name :lol:

Fastest302
02-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Not necessarily just install a 302 stroker kit in the 99/04. Don't make all that extra work for J by making him change your name :lol:

lol i kno hes bein so busy... changing the name is so much hard work.

blown93feature
02-12-2006, 08:56 AM
J complains about picking his nose because it's too much like work so good luck in getting ur screen name changed!!

I would go with yeller my son and imbrase the light don't subside to the "dark side" because vader is ur stepfather and an alcoholic........ :devil:

Just bustin good luck in what ever u do and remember the dealership isn't giving you 5k for your car he's just making it up with reducing the price of his car and showing you prolly 1k for yours and discounting his about 4 to make it look good on the books.

I would tell him to give you a acv on your car which is "actual cash value".I would then go from there and tell him that you want 3500 acv and then discount his car another 3500 to take 7k off the sticker and that's a good deal. :thumpupn:

Nicoleb3x3
02-12-2006, 11:28 AM
DON'T SELL THE FOX!!!!!!!!!
If I can put all my time and money to change over my 2.3 to a 5.0...then you can fix your issues too!

And beleive me, a newer stang is going to be much more money! and the mods still stack up on the payment...and insurance...and they still suck balls in the snow...just ask J!

and the winter..easy; get a beater for the winter; I got an 90 olds cutlass for the winter snow, and it cost me $50 at a local auction!

CrimsonStang04
02-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Man u gotta keep the fox lol there arnt enough around here, its all late models... But yea i mean u drive urs during the winter and im payin the same prices for gas lol thank god the mustang is in the garage (but it gets better mpg then my explorer haha) but honestly i would go w/ a crate motor u dont need 2 get a HUGE HP one lol u could get one thats fuel efficient 2 lol, but yea if u get that saleen ill be 2 jeleous so go w/ the crate !

Fastest302
02-13-2006, 07:47 AM
DON'T SELL THE FOX!!!!!!!!!
If I can put all my time and money to change over my 2.3 to a 5.0...then you can fix your issues too!

And beleive me, a newer stang is going to be much more money! and the mods still stack up on the payment...and insurance...and they still suck balls in the snow...just ask J!

and the winter..easy; get a beater for the winter; I got an 90 olds cutlass for the winter snow, and it cost me $50 at a local auction!

your right im gonna try to fix it and then ill see from there.. :thumpupn:

YsOffcr
02-13-2006, 08:22 AM
I'm going to agree with Crimsonblack and Nicole and keep the fox. I would just like to point out you were complaining about the gas prices where you are, then say you're lookin' at buying a Saleen. How much better gas mileage can a Saleen have? especially when you put your foot in it 'cos you have a faster stang. So you get the Saleen and now you have a car payment ($500-600 a month) and lets not forget the all important car insurance which will increase because the loan will require FULL coverage, so lets add another $100. That makes about $700 a month for a limited edition Saleen you want to drive on a daily basis, which if someone dings or scratches it you're going to get pi$$ed and will think twice about making a claim because you don't want your already high insurance payment to go up. Good decision.

Let's do the math. $600 x 60 = $36000 Saleen OR $600 x 6 = $3600 crate motor.

Fastest302
02-13-2006, 09:40 AM
I'm going to agree with Crimsonblack and Nicole and keep the fox. I would just like to point out you were complaining about the gas prices where you are, then say you're lookin' at buying a Saleen. How much better gas mileage can a Saleen have? especially when you put your foot in it 'cos you have a faster stang. So you get the Saleen and now you have a car payment ($500-600 a month) and lets not forget the all important car insurance which will increase because the loan will require FULL coverage, so lets add another $100. That makes about $700 a month for a limited edition Saleen you want to drive on a daily basis, which if someone dings or scratches it you're going to get pi$$ed and will think twice about making a claim because you don't want your already high insurance payment to go up. Good decision.

Let's do the math. $600 x 60 = $36000 Saleen OR $600 x 6 = $3600 crate motor.

thats true but trust me i can do the payments and the insurance is def not a problem with that... but if i was to get the saleen it would be almost spring time and im always working so becasue i get to drive the company truck all the time since my dad owns the company.. but i dotn want to deal with any payments and plus i got to get health insurance which is dough so that comes first... so i decided the fox is staying. trust me everything was set just waiting for my dad to come back form vacation but i did some thinking. :beerchug:

REEF93
02-13-2006, 05:02 PM
:thumpupn: Good decision :beerchug:

Nicoleb3x3
02-13-2006, 05:13 PM
YAY!!!!
:beerchug: