PDA

View Full Version : A Ford GT no more.

Cobra94
02-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Thursday, February 9, 2006 Woman passenger hurt as sports car crashes

http://wtimg.us.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=WT&Date=20060209&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=602090802&Ref=AR&Profile=1052&MaxW=250
(http://javascript<b></b>:NewWindow(600,500,'/apps/pbcs.dll/misc?url=/templates/zoom.pbs&Site=WT&Date=20060209&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=602090802&Ref=AR&Profile=1052&caption=');)

WORCESTER – A 26-year-old woman was injured and had to be extricated from a wrecked sports car last night after it went out of control on Belmont Street and crashed into a utility pole, officials said.

Elizabeth Chambers, 26, of 197 Eighth St., Charlestown, was taken by ambulance to UMass Memorial Medical Center — University Campus and treated for face cuts and multiple scrapes and bruises, according to Sgt. Matthew C. Early of the Operations Division. A nursing supervisor said she was admitted and was in stable condition.

Sgt. Early said the car was driven by her husband, George Chambers, 39, of the same address. He was shaken up but did not require medical treatment, police said.

Sgt. Early said the sports car, a Ford GT with a Herb Chambers dealership plate, was traveling east on Belmont Street when the crash occurred about 5:45 p.m.

It was apparently traveling about 60 miles per hour in a 30-to-35-mile-an-hour zone, he said, when itwent out of control, went over the curb and sidewalk, struck and broke a curb at the Hess gas station and then went airborne before slamming into a pole. The impact of the crash tore the pole with its large concrete anchor from the ground. The car then dragged the debris to Frank Street and stopped. Firefighters cut Mrs. Chambers from the wrecked vehicle.

“Speeding was definitely a factor,” Sgt. Early said.

A salesperson at a Herb Chambers dealership said the Ford GT currently lists for $166,000 but demand and scarcity have pushed the selling price to double or more than the list price. The car is modeled after the famous Ford GT-40 that won the 24 Hours of LeMans, a sports car endurance race, four times in a row, from 1966 to 1969, according to racing fans.

MassCobra
02-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Geez, another GT wrecked.

meneep
02-09-2006, 12:18 PM
:smack:
I wonder if that guy even owned it, or if it was the dealerships car?

Frosty
02-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Sounds like the dude didn't even own it, and if he did, definitely was 2 much car 4 him. Least no one was killed.

93ramvert
02-09-2006, 01:24 PM
I believe George Chambers is the owner/owner's son of the "Herb Chambers" dealerships
which there are many of here in MA. So given that no he probably doesn't "technically" own but does. Double the speed limit, especially in that area, is certainly not a very bright thing to do, whether you know how to drive or not.

1nasty96
02-09-2006, 05:12 PM
:wow: that would make me sick

02BlueStang
02-09-2006, 08:50 PM
we have 2 here in the Seattle Metro Area....both are owned by dealership owners....One is the dads, the other is his sons...:(

wallbanger11_22
02-10-2006, 08:24 AM
that is rediculous. This why they are selling for an arm and a leg. This is at least the 5th one i have heard of getting totaled. Idiots

2006GT500
02-10-2006, 08:25 AM
See what happens when you give a dumbass with too much money a sweet ass car.

yosemiddysam
02-10-2006, 04:56 PM
HMMMM........... I wonder if they would let me have that engine outta the wrecked one?

EddieGT
02-10-2006, 05:22 PM
we have 2 here in the Seattle Metro Area....both are owned by dealership owners....One is the dads, the other is his sons...:(
There's more than 2 in the Seattle area. And 1 of them, the one that was being sold used by Ford of Bellevue, belonged to the daughter of the owner of Cadillac of Bellevue... She never drove it (literally left it parked in a barn...disgusting) so he sold it to the mentioned Ford dealer and they didn't want to sell it for MSRP... Smart move on their part, but I'm not sure if it ever sold (I haven't checked).

There's another up in the Sammamish Plateau. Another belongs to Bill Gates. So that's 3 that I know of... Which 2 do you know of?

electricgreen
02-10-2006, 05:32 PM
I went for a ride in one of those and they are too fast for the Streets, the guy was going over 110 MPH down Woodward and I was never so Happy to get out of a Car in my whole life. He and his Dad both have one, they own Russ Milne Ford's !!! But to drive like that is crazy, he was giving people rides at the Woodward Dream Cruise. My heart was Racing so fast when I got out of that thing!!! I like Speed but not in a area where people are all along side of the road watching a Cruise. If he lost control we would of killed alot of people including us!!!!

Holy $%#$% ya gotta be crazy to drive like that during the WDC!!

Black Stallion
02-10-2006, 08:18 PM
That really sucks, I was at a Ford Dealership in my areathe other day, and they have a few Ford GT's and after I got my price quote for my rear bumper, I was talking to a sales person about them and the sales guys let me start one of them up, they are so badass. I want one so bad.

EddieGT
02-10-2006, 11:09 PM
That really sucks, I was at a Ford Dealership in my areathe other day, and they have a few Ford GT's and after I got my price quote for my rear bumper, I was talking to a sales person about them and the sales guys let me start one of them up, they are so badass. I want one so bad.
A few at a single dealer??? Hmmmm... :hmmm:

meneep
02-11-2006, 01:35 AM
Two of them at Allstar Ford in Olympia. A red with white stripe car that belongs to the owner, Roger, and a Tungsten that they might have sold this week. :thumpupn:

wildthing
02-12-2006, 08:15 AM
humm, maybe i can buy that at salvage yard ,,,lol

blown93feature
02-12-2006, 08:40 AM
There is one white/blue striped sitting in the dealership here in new hampshire and has been there for a year now. I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon at their asking price.

willspride
02-14-2006, 08:43 PM
u can blame those high prices on those lyin ass sales men and dealers they jack the prices up on those just like they did on the mustang in 05 freekin crooks!!! and it dont matter someone will buy it because they dont know any better

stangman
02-15-2006, 01:23 PM
was a nice car but not now that sucks :wow: