PDA

View Full Version : OWNED A MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE YESTERDAY!

AutoBadges.com
12-12-2004, 03:44 PM
Mooohahahahah!

Well I was in burbank yesterday with my g/f to watch Oceans 12 (great movie!). Anyhow we were running super late b/c she got out of work and there was massive traffic, so I went to drop her off to go in and get the seats so I can go park and meet her inside. Well right where you drop them off is a light and she got out and i saw the 00 eclipse with rims, lowered, gauges, tach..the works...I was like how cute. Well I took off in first a bit and let off..only to hear him gun it to zoom by me in 2nd gear with his fart muffler :gay:

So instead of making my right turn to go around the block I pulled up next to this ricer and stopped, looked over and reved nicely at him :nailbite: I looked over and saw them observing the decals on my skirts, emblems, exhaust, everything...I would have thought they would recognize its not a ricer with just ANY stickers but sponsors decals...but guess not :nutkick:

The light turned green and we both peeled out slightly on our launch...well needless to say right on the launch I had him by 1 car length...damn did my car launch from a dead stop! :wow: ..when I hit redline on it and went into 2nd gear i got NO TRACTION, the tires just kept spinning, but you wanna know the funny thing? with no traction i still had him by 4 car lengths.....after middle of 2nd I had him by so much it wasn't even funny, so I kicked it into neutral and hit the brakes to roll 20mph or so for him to catch up and say "nice try" or something...only to have him go 18mph just to not catch up :lol:

Then a car got behind him and i was in the turning lane and they just looked over and I just gave them a friendly rev to say "thanks for trying" :rofl:

This was the very first time I have ran the engine redline from 1st to 2nd and a good launch since the new engine and 270rwhp,280rwtq numbers I pulled...good lord can you feel it wonderfully!!! :devil: I think the eclipses are like low 15's in the 1/4 no?

It was just so fun to know right on the launch how much better a mustang launches with rwd then his pathetic rice rocket :silly: Its not wonder why they always want to run from a roll huh? :nya:

Hmongstang
12-12-2004, 03:48 PM
what model eclipse?

232stang
12-12-2004, 03:51 PM
nice kill

J
12-12-2004, 03:51 PM
good kill! post pics!

Joe Friday
12-12-2004, 03:56 PM
what model eclipse?
00 is a 3rd gen eclipse. My mother drives one. it's a pretty nice car, but it's to heavy for the engine.

_eazy_
12-12-2004, 04:01 PM
cliffnotes?

Joe Friday
12-12-2004, 04:21 PM
cliffnotes?
Lazy?

232stang
12-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Lazy?
lmao

mysteed
12-12-2004, 07:36 PM
cliffnotes? :weakestli
Eval owned an eclipse. there ya go.

spiffy
12-12-2004, 09:43 PM
my dad got his stang out of the shop he whiped a lotus and a corvette recently :devil:

Stang Gurl
12-12-2004, 09:55 PM
Thats awesome erick... that story got me a bit peckish picturing that in my head hehehe <----- giggle...

NoSlo5.0
12-12-2004, 11:38 PM
This was the very first time I have ran the engine redline from 1st to 2nd and a good launch since the new engine and 270rwhp,280rwtq numbers I pulled...good lord can you feel it wonderfully!!! :devil: I think the eclipses are like low 15's in the 1/4 no?

Those are nice numbers for a six, my 5.0 only had it beat by 8 hp and 15ft-lbs on a relatively crappy tune (Speedbrain software sucked bad).

Driving that car must be about as fun as driving my '00 was with the 347 before the body kit, everyone thought it was "just a six" until they heard the lope...

AutoBadges.com
12-14-2004, 01:13 AM
oh its fun alright! never really HIT IT until then..and wow its super cool

MBM..you need to call me i have such a story for you....its for what to AVOID...seriously get a hold of me asap.

off of 1st gear it was ok i had a good launch but after i floored it w/ boost...bye bye! LOL

CLIFFNOTES:

Eclipse reved me....i pulled up reved back...took off....i owned him by 4 cars or so halfway into 2nd gear and he was too chicken to catch up and rolled 18mph so he wouldn't have to :rofl:

csc
12-15-2004, 07:35 PM
lol, good job. sounds like you had fun!

NoSlo5.0
12-15-2004, 07:55 PM
I treat most would be contenders the same way, roll along side of them in first or second, let them them think they're actually in it...Then drop the hammer, blow off some tire smoke, grab a car length and shut right down. Not enough to get myself into trouble or reach high speeds, just enough to say "You'd lose"

AutoBadges.com
12-15-2004, 08:34 PM
BINGO!! Just what i did!! haha

"officer i just went quick UP TO THE SPEED LIMIT" can't say i was speeding lol

My Cobra
12-15-2004, 10:26 PM
Sounds like a nice kill. Keep up the good work.

AutoBadges.com
12-18-2004, 03:21 PM
will do...i drove by there and relived it...hahahah :rofl:

AutoBadges.com
12-18-2004, 03:25 PM
hehehe <----- giggle...

:secks: :humpybana :lovemachi

:naughty: