PDA

View Full Version : 4.10's, Guages, P&P intake, other stuff done

My Cobra
01-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Well i installed a set of Richmond 4.10 gears in my cobra. I also installed a 3 guage pillar with a air to fuel, oil pressure, Water temp. I will do the boost guage when the blower goes on this summer. While i was in the shop i flushed the collant, the oil and the tranny fluid and rear end fluid obviously. I used royal purple all the way around. Changed the plugs. I had the upper and lower intake ported and pollished. I have a set of subframes that i will put on some time soon they are on backorder. While i was in there i put new hawk racing pads on all the way around, figured i would post some pics you can check them on the site.
http://www.gotstang.com/profile.php?My%20Cobra&detail=1&page=9#jump

StangGT5.0
01-10-2006, 11:19 PM
nice keep up the good and can't wait when you get blower! :thumpupn:

yosemiddysam
01-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Christmas came late huh. LOL Sounds good. Keep going!!!

My Cobra
01-11-2006, 09:45 AM
yea had to wait on a lift.

sicboy
01-11-2006, 11:14 AM
tell me how you feel about the gears soon... try ordering the maximum motorsprots flsfc's they are the best on the market for stiffness.

My Cobra
01-11-2006, 01:02 PM
the 4.10's are great. I did not want to go too low of a gear due to the blower going on soon. i will see how i like them when the blower goes on i might end up droping down to some 3.73's. Seems like the 4.10's pull in every gear. i can put it in 3rd gear at around 4 grand let off and punch it and it will get sideways. I ordered a set of MM subframes. they will be here in like a week. Those should make the car feel more as one piece.

J
01-11-2006, 01:26 PM
the 4.10's are great. I did not want to go too low of a gear due to the blower going on soon. i will see how i like them when the blower goes on i might end up droping down to some 3.73's. Seems like the 4.10's pull in every gear. i can put it in 3rd gear at around 4 grand let off and punch it and it will get sideways. I ordered a set of MM subframes. they will be here in like a week. Those should make the car feel more as one piece.
Yeah OK.. how long does 1st gear last? .025 seconds?

My Cobra
01-11-2006, 02:35 PM
1st gear last? Acording to how hard i am in it. If i am all the way in it not long at all but you got to remember that in 1st gear when i am changing gears i am a half a car or more in front of where i would have been.

ChromaLusion
01-11-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm glad that all worked out too. Car deffinently pulls harder. Tap the gas, it jerks you back. Louder, Faster, Overall Better. Summertime you're gonna blow Hoods doors off.

Love you,
Steph