PDA

View Full Version : Fox Body Parking Lights

crimsonblack
01-07-2006, 04:54 PM
A while back I purchased new headlights with clear sides. I have been thinking about changing the yellow color to something else. Today I pulled the light connector out to get the bulb info before heading down to Pep Boys.

I found that the light bulb was seal with some sort of epoxy. I had to break the bulb and use a pair of needle nose to pull the metal portion from the connector. What a freakin' mess. I started swearing at the guy I bought the Mustang from. I leap quickly into the car and headed to the junk yard. I found several fox body cars with this same sealing. Way to go Ford!

I found a 90's model Mustang 4 banger which had a new style connector and bulb. It was nice, so I cut them off, a $250 purchase for both w/bulbs in tact. I installed them immediately splicing them into my fox. They seem to burn better from a front appearance too, which looks great. Below is the original connect and to the right is a photo of the newer model. A bit blurred but you get the appearance difference.

Fastest302
01-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Looks good

Nicoleb3x3
01-07-2006, 09:32 PM
yeah, i didn't have that problem...but I got a 4 banger :)