PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding my exhaust.......

Mustang5.0HO
01-06-2006, 06:12 AM
Well I was just wondering.....Since I just got my O/R H pipe...and am gonna get it installed during the weekend...How big of a diff should I notice not just sound but power and all around?? Not much? Some? I have BBk Equal Length Headers, A/T Catback(I asume) and now a O/R H pipe?? How much power have I gained over stock exhaust to a full on exhaust now?? Im not expecting rwhp numbers but Im just wondering...And how much louder should it be now without cats??? Im so anxiouse....and like my headers had a coat ontop that burnt are my H pipe gonna do the same thing???
PS. I have a BBk CAI if it matters at all...But I noticed a diff. with it..my car actually reacted somewhat good to it..I noticed I had something diff...or maybe its just me lol
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :w00t:

Mustang5.0HO
01-06-2006, 04:57 PM
......anyone?

sublime302
01-07-2006, 04:42 AM
im not an expert.. BUT, when i got my Catted pro chamber i notice alot of gain in torque, and it got soo much louder.. but yours with an o/r pipe.. should sound awesome.. and u should feel a good amount of hp gain too.. i did.. hope that helped some.. i am about as impatient as you.. lol.. i understand.. haah

joekd
01-07-2006, 11:01 AM
I put an O/R H-pipe on my old 89 LX with shorty headers and mufflers already done.

Yes, it will be noticably louder and you will lose some bottom end power but I guarantee you will love it. The motor just screams on the top end.

Curious how you found a shop that would install an off road pipe in California, the state of emissions restriction itself

jason2004gt
01-07-2006, 11:09 AM
You will definitely hear the difference! You will feel the extra kick in the seat of your pants that your car was missing. IMO it wakes the car up a little more.

Mustang5.0HO
02-15-2006, 09:55 PM
Well its on and I love it...cost $20 bucks to install and a friend did it in his shop...great I love it...jsut dont dump em..I did and It made my car quieter...but the tailpipes will be going back on soon...

YsOffcr
02-16-2006, 12:09 PM
Well its on and I love it...cost $20 bucks to install and a friend did it in his shop...great I love it...jsut dont dump em..I did and It made my car quieter...but the tailpipes will be going back on soon...
Thanks for the advice on the dumps. I really thought the dumps would make it louder, which ones (dumps) did you get?

Mustang5.0HO
02-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the advice on the dumps. I really thought the dumps would make it louder, which ones (dumps) did you get?
Got some Flowmaster tubes off Summit...turndowns...it made my car noticibly quieter...as if I my stock H pipe on instead of my O/R H...I also thought it would make my car louder but dont get me wrong ITS LOUD AND RUMBLES HARD...but thats INSIDE the car...outside is a diff story...its not loud at all hope that helps

Fastest302
02-18-2006, 06:56 AM
i got the turn down dumps on my fox and it is quieter form the inside but form outside u can still hear it rumble. its awesome