PDA

View Full Version : H Pipe, X Pipe, No Pipe

rodneylynn1977
01-04-2006, 10:24 AM
I am going to Stock GT Duals on my 05 V6

I am un-sure what I am going to do as far as... X Pipe, H Pipe, Or no pipe...

Wich one should I use and why? I am told the X pipe would be a higher pitched sound much like an import, H Pipe would give me a deeper louder sound. Not sure what going straight back would do...

Please fill me in

Thank You

Rodney Miller

rmiller@unitedpipe.com

HerNastyNotch
01-04-2006, 05:29 PM
a good read on exhaust pipes:

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/17880/

another good read specifically on x pipe or h pipe:

http://carcraft.com/techarticles/69238/

Mustang5.0HO
01-06-2006, 06:16 AM
Get H pipe...a X pipe sounds raspy and pops...You have a 6 so it will sound horrible with a X....Get a H pipe and youl be happy with it...Im wondering if they have pro chambers for 05's....if so give that a try....and stay away from straight pipe mufflers...like SLP and such since it will make your 6 sound horrible....get chambered..IMO hope I helped

HerNastyNotch
01-06-2006, 07:29 AM
my x pipe doesn't pop

Mustang5.0HO
01-06-2006, 04:54 PM
my x pipe doesn't pop
but I bet its Raspy as hell....the tones are too close together unlike the H that the tone is seperated and scavaged better even thought the HP numbers arnt gonna be there like a X But I say a H sounds much better with any setup..specially chambered mufflers..now In his case he has a 6 so the ONLY way to go is H pipe....

HerNastyNotch
01-06-2006, 05:12 PM
to each their own... you say raspy i say throaty ;)

Mustang5.0HO
01-06-2006, 05:55 PM
to each their own... you say raspy i say throaty ;)
:thumpupn:

venoNOS
01-07-2006, 12:26 AM
On the modulars the X does sound a little more poppy, But it also depends on mufflers,The X on Flowmasters pop and crack like a Honduhh, And the H sounds really deep and throaty, With Magnaflows they both sound really good but you can still detect a little more poppy sound from the X. The 5.0's Sound the best with H's and X's, The straight pipe thing Im not a big fan of, They still kinda remind me of the old Glass packs or cherry bombs, Any one remember those? Haaaaa,I do know that on the 6's the Flowmasters sound good with the X, I put an X on my Wifes 02 V6 with 2 2chamber Flowmasters and it sounds like a stock GT with nothing but Flowmasters on it. The V-8's have a completely different sound with the X. Dunno why but they do. So I would recommend,,,,,,,,, 2 Chamber Flowmasters with an X-Pipe. I know I know,,, I just talked about the V8's sounding bad,, well they do cuz there the V8's. The 6's sound really good to me with that set up. :devil: