PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Radio?

Blue Mach
12-28-2005, 09:45 AM
Anyone here have Satellite radio?

My Mach has a SAT button so I think all i need is the receiver installed. What is the best way to go with a tuner box or a docking station?

What are you likes and dislikes about XM and Sirrus

Thanks

joekd
12-28-2005, 11:23 AM
I've had Sirius for over a year and absolutley love it. I went without it for a couple weeks while waiting for my new HU to come in and was annoyed with regular radio.

Blue Mach
12-28-2005, 11:34 AM
I've had Sirius for over a year and absolutley love it. I went without it for a couple weeks while waiting for my new HU to come in and was annoyed with regular radio.
What kind of receiver do you have? did you keep your stock system?

YsOffcr
12-28-2005, 12:10 PM
My brother in law has the Delphi MyPhi for XM and loves it. I also understand that both are pretty similar in what they offer.

HerNastyNotch
12-28-2005, 12:23 PM
XM and Sirius are very similar in their channel offerings. I have the MyFi XM2Go portable receiver. It goes from the car to the office to the home to anywhere since it can be used as a walkman type device as well. It also records 5 hours worth of radio in case you will be somewhere where an antenna signal is impossible. Since the units operate with their own FM frequency, you don't need to do anything to your existing head unit. Just tune it to an available FM frequency and you are playing satellite radio through your own head unit.

Blue Mach
12-28-2005, 12:27 PM
My brother in law has the Delphi MyPhi for XM and loves it. I also understand that both are pretty similar in what they offer.

Thats what I have seen from their websites, I might flip a coin to decide.
My one concern is installing the system, I dont want some big box sitting on my dash.

Blue Mach
12-28-2005, 12:28 PM
XM and Sirius are very similar in their channel offerings. I have the MyFi XM2Go portable receiver. It goes from the car to the office to the home to anywhere since it can be used as a walkman type device as well. It also records 5 hours worth of radio in case you will be somewhere where an antenna signal is impossible. Since the units operate with their own FM frequency, you don't need to do anything to your existing head unit. Just tune it to an available FM frequency and you are playing satellite radio through your own head unit.

Where does the unit sit in your car? do you have a picture i can see that shows it mounted?

joekd
12-28-2005, 04:12 PM
What kind of receiver do you have? did you keep your stock system?

I used ot have the add-on unit running through the antenna adapter but recently pulled the Mach HU out and moved to a Kenwood MP828 reciever

Blue Mach
12-28-2005, 08:40 PM
Thanks to all for the info. This weekend I will be looking for a receiver for the Mach.