PDA

View Full Version : Battery Drains

wldponi03
12-18-2005, 08:00 PM
I have the Viper Alarm on my Mach and when I don't start it for a few days the battery is drained, does anyone think it could be because of the alarm I had installed 2 years ago. I have this problem all the time if it sits for awhile. But after I jump it it starts up and no problems. I had it put on Diagnostic Machines and no problems show up. 3 different dealer said nothing wrong with the car itself. So I am thinking it must be the alarm. Can anyone help me, with suggestions?

tobedeleted_blnpony05
12-21-2005, 10:42 AM
could be the alarm...we have GPS on some of our cars and if they sit for a couple of days the battery goes dead.

J
12-21-2005, 10:47 AM
Got to be. Unless you have some other type of electronic devices slowly draining it. I had that problem when my DVD screen was stuck on.. lol

wldponi03
12-21-2005, 05:44 PM
I'm not driving it but I like to start her up everyday and try and go for a short drive just to keep her moving sometimes, plus I get withdrawals from not driving. LOL I had it to 3 different dealers and they can't find out the problem so it must be the Alarm. Oh well I bought a jump starter and its fine now. Thanks Guys for your input.

jason2004gt
12-21-2005, 09:34 PM
My parents had a Camaro that started doing that. Everytime they took it to the dealership, they kept telling them that it was a bad alternator. After 5 alternators they finally checked the wire going to the alternator and found out that was the problem all along. I'm not trying to scare you of this, just something to keep in mind.

yosemiddysam
12-21-2005, 10:19 PM
My 02 Gt has just started doing it as well but I think my battery might be dead.
It will start and run fine after a jump start but if it sits more than a week it has to be jump started. Either way gave me an excuse to talk the wifey into an optima....... now if i can squeeze a battery relocater out of it im in there.

wldponi03
12-22-2005, 05:57 AM
I bought a new Battery(Sears Diehard) last year, but it still did the same thing, I really think its the Viper Alarm, cause I never had a problem till I had that installed. When I can I am going to take it back to the place that installed it, hopefully thats the problem. It drives me crazy, not knowing what is the problem. I only have a little over 9000 miles on it and its only a 2003. Again Thanks for everyones input.